Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Look at you all wanting him gone after you idiotically changed your minds about him for winning against City in a one off.

Arne Slot said it’s hard to face ETH team as there always organised and structured. Which team is he on about? We’ve not seen that here.

INEOS have decided to back this guy. But they didn’t want to. This isn’t their man. I think they’d prefer their own guy but they decided to back him because there was no one suitable to take over. At the first possible chance they’ll get rid and bring in their own man. But it has to be someone who can play what they want and play with the squad we’ve currently got.
A combination of PSR rules and the overwhelming fan support for Ten Hag after the FA Cup win forced their hand, but they've never really had much confidence in him. Otherwise they wouldn't have spoken with Tuchel and De Zerbi in the first place.

What I think is most damming about Ten Hag is that our problems are basic and easily fixable and he's not addressed them. Even Ole did something different when it stopped working.

This is what baffles me. We see the same clueless shite week after week now season after season. Stubborn crap.

What I think is most damming about Ten Hag is that our problems are basic and easily fixable and he's not addressed them. Even Ole did something different when it stopped working.

The problem is basic and it's that's been ignore by every Utd manager in the last 15 years.

Fix the midfield.

Nobody's been able to do it.

The 2 full seasons we had under Ole = +59 GD
The 2 full seasons we had under Mou = +65 GD
The 2 full seasons we had under LVG = +39 GD
Total GD in our 3rd season after 2 full seasons under ETH = +11 GD.

That's all I am going to say
That’s all well and good. But he’s won more trophies than Ole, and he won more trophies than LVG did. We need to decide what we’re basing him on here… is it winning trophies or does the league positioning GD etc come first?

Arne Slot said it’s hard to face ETH team as there always organised and structured. Which team is he on about? We’ve not seen that here.
It’s like when few years back Pep was talking about how big of a challenge is the next game with Cardiff or Hull at home. When he praised the opposition you knew he’s just talking shit to motivate players

I think every opposing manager will talk positively about ETH. It's general courtesy and they all want him to stay for the return match.

Because at Ajax he was able to call upon a team that had been conditioned to play football at high technical level from the youth team upwards. A much easier group of players to coach as they had the basics and fundamentals nailed.

If the people who decided to go with him before the summer, decide to sack him after 3 matches, that would say a lot about those people.

It would mean they're feckin' idiots, in my book.

But then again, it would perhaps - no, strike that: clearly - be even more idiotic to stick with an incompetent man in a key position just because they made the (idiotic) call in the first place.

Why are we always doing rondo's, in every trainings video?

The problem is basic and it's that's been ignore by every Utd manager in the last 15 years.

Fix the midfield.

Nobody's been able to do it.
Yep, I was a bit confused when I saw us prioritising the defence over the midfield this summer. The midfield is where the game is won and lost.

Because at Ajax he was able to call upon a team that had been conditioned to play football at high technical level from the youth team upwards. A much easier group of players to coach as they had the basics and fundamentals nailed.
Doesn't work like this, as soon as he left it pretty much went to shit.

At Ajax the squad is constantly being renewed because the best players are being sold.

Yep, I was a bit confused when I saw us prioritising the defence over the midfield this summer. The midfield is where the game is won and lost.
Can’t rebuild the whole squad in one summer. We fixed CDM and central defense this summer. Hopefully we focus on play makers and box to box midfielders next summer.

Half of there players and his players now play for us :lol: does anyone think things would be different if we had FDJ? It was once said that he’s the one that glued everything together

I think we played proper 4231.
There were two aspects yesterday. One is the midfield was tasked to progress the ball more bravely (mainly Casemiro) and second is Liverpool were pressing our midfielders like crazy. The result was too obvious.

There's a universe in which we play 3 man midfield in those games to make sure we're not getting overrun, but this isn't the one we're living in. Still, even if we have 3 midfielders, I don't think we have any idea how to attack as a team, and Salah probably would squeeze in a goal anyway.

Like you said, Casemiro had other options to play the ball, but he chose not to play it safe. There's part of Casemiro and part of the coaching aspect there.
Instruction. The core principle is as rapid a vertical progression as possible, which plays a huge hand in how many unnecessary turnovers there are from forced passes that aren’t on from players who shouldn’t be attempting them in the first place.

So you’re telling me hypothetically, the year he came here if he would have brought that first XI he would have been able to play that system here and would have been fighting for titles?

In the first half, Casemiro was the '1' in the 3-1 buildup. Sometimes Mainoo would join him to make it a 3-2, sometimes it would be one of the fullbacks(less so iirc).

In the second half, Mainoo became the '1', because we needed someone technically secure in that role. Collyer couldnt have been that player. Dalot would often invert to make that 3-2 shape :

Maz--MDL--Martinez
---Mainoo-Dalot

Something like this. Probably because Collyer was not trusted in the double pivot to keep the ball. I can see something similar with Ugarte/Casemiro from now onwards if ETH in sensible. Its also why I think our squad needed another midfielder comfortable in the first phase.

It almost felt like Collyer was playing McTominay role, for a moment he was the most advanced player, we actually created a chance when Mainoo played the pass and he headed down to Zirkzee. I think later on he was playing a bit deeper.

Exactly. Most of us have played football as kids or even still do and when coached we are told how can you help your team mate on the ball.... look at where Bruno and collyer are when Manoo receives that ball. 20 yards away from him.

Manoo dwells on ball as no options for a pass and is under pressure from 3 Liverpool players and ball nicked off him and goal from Liverpool seconds later.

Ten Hag must do the opposite and tells his midfielders to stay away from the man on the ball as far as possible when building up possession.

Collyer especially was cheating forward as much as possible in the second half, definitely an instruction from Ten Hag.

We cant score goals, we cant defend and the midfield ran off every United fan with trypophobia. And now we dont have a superman keeper to drag us out the shit when the little organisation we do have goes to pot.

Other than that, I feel the project is working just fine.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done. I hope it is your own!

I spent the whole summer utterly perplexed that so many people got back on the Ten Hag bandwagon after 1 cup upset. Not one bit surprised it's gone to shit so quickly

A combination of PSR rules and the overwhelming fan support for Ten Hag after the FA Cup win forced their hand, but they've never really had much confidence in him. Otherwise they wouldn't have spoken with Tuchel and De Zerbi in the first place.
If Tuchel or De Zerbi were to come in, the same people crowing for ETH departure would be doing the same thing again in 2-3 years time for the new guy. Whatever happened to having patience? People were saying Arteta should be sacked only a few years ago also. Now, those people are quiet.

Liverpool also played a 3-1-6 build up :lol:
They were never as vulnerable as us at the back. But alright, after two full seasons, it’s just the players that are bad. ETH is faultless. Should keep him and let him buy trash until it clics, because you know, SAF needed 6 years to win the league.

Can’t rebuild the whole squad in one summer. We fixed CDM and central defense this summer. Hopefully we focus on play makers and box to box midfielders next summer.
Didn't say we should, I said midfield should have been a priority as it's the most important part of the team. We won't improve our midfield much under Ten Hag as he clearly doesn't know a good midfielder when he sees one. He buys CAMs and tries to play them as 8s or DMs who can't kick a ball.

If Tuchel or De Zerbi were to come in, the same people crowing for ETH departure would be doing the same thing again in 2-3 years time for the new guy. Whatever happened to having patience? People were saying Arteta should be sacked only a few years ago also. Now, those people are quiet.
Cause you can see progress under Arteta. What progress have you seen under Erik? Even when Klopp took over your team he wasn’t great in the first 2 years but season 3 there was clear progress.

Easy engagement farming for Sky
Yup, I wish people stop giving them that. I've seen them do this more and more often. They've devolved into those twitter accounts who say some controversial just so there is engagement.

So you’re telling me hypothetically, the year he came here if he would have brought that first XI he would have been able to play that system here and would have been fighting for titles?
Yes, but we need to put United into the Edervise for that to happen…

There’s a big difference between winning the Dutch league and bottling a tie with Spurs and winning the Premier League

Both Ole and Mou left before Christmas. We will be out of Europe and top 4 if this man stays on till Christmas. Not letting him go cause there isn’t a viable alternative right away is ludicrous. Interims work.

Sometimes lifting the dark cloud with him out of the building is enough to get an extra 10-15% off players - same thing happened when Ole took over from Mou. It’s just becomes stale. Nothing grows and players will dread coming into training every single day. They really seem to respect Ruud so not give him the reins?

How much worse can it get? With Erik we won’t qualify for Europe past group stages nor get top 4 and if Ruud doesn’t accomplish well so be it. You go out in the summer and get someone new. But you knew you at least tried something different rather than wondering what if if Erik stays the whole season.
I'm aware of that. I think at least xmas because it's like the club has reset under INEOS, so INEOS would be sacking their manager very early in their reign. I know Ten Hag is in his third season but only one under INEOS.

Extra 10-15% from players with interim manager; This is my biggest issue with players post Fergie. I understand the role of a manager is to get the best out of players, but it's wrong to get every manager sacked. That culture NEEDS to stop. Every player that plays for the club must not undermine the manager. Sancho did, he was sold. A lot of this is down to players, even though Ten Hag is stubborn in changing his ways. But maybe wanting his style will someday work eventually. So give RVN the reigns after a few games, no way. There's an argument whatever his role is here will also take a bit of time to implement. My argument to your point here isn't to just defend Ten Hag, the players getting the manager sacked has to stop just because they don't like how things are. They play for Man United, not themselves.

How much worse can it get? It can always get worse. But can it get better, has it gotten better? There's an argument the style of play is better. Results aren't better and that's what counts. That doesn't mean the results won't get better. Honestly, if United are in a worse position than last season this xmas, then I think a change is needed. Problem is, who do you get in that's going to change anything for the better.
But why only going forward? Why forget he’s here for two full seasons and he was unable to learn from his own mistakes? Why are we allowing such repeated mediocrity and same mistakes, only to say “ok, from the next week onwards it has to change” and then keep witnessing same shit? You’d think over two full years should be enough
Well the first season everyone was happy with what he was doing. It worked. The second season was an awful season and it was riddled with injuries which didn't help anything. In my eyes, last season there was so much going on I wouldn't blame just Ten Hag for the poor season.

We are three games in and it has started with two defeats. We could have beaten Brighton but we were not clinical enough, two disallowed goals and two awful moments of defending.

He simply won't nor shouldn't be sacked after a few games. That is ludicrous. If it's worse at xmas period than last season then yeah that should be a discussion.

Yup, I wish people stop giving them that. I've seen them do this more and more often. They've devolved into those twitter accounts who say some controversial just so there is engagement.
It’s always the same shit - inflated numbers, scandalous headlines etc. Works like clockwork with terminally online social media crowd. But I’m no boomer to say “oh how bad media is now compared to the old times” because they’ve always been heinous and disgusting.

Oh feck off

Well the first season everyone was happy with what he was doing. It worked. The second season was an awful season and it was riddled with injuries which didn't help anything. In my eyes, last season there was so much going on I wouldn't blame just Ten Hag for the poor season.

We are three games in and it has started with two defeats. We could have beaten Brighton but we were not clinical enough, two disallowed goals and two awful moments of defending.

He simply won't nor shouldn't be sacked after a few games. That is ludicrous. If it's worse at xmas period than last season then yeah that should be a discussion.
The first season we got spanked by Pool 0-7 and punished in the EL by Sevilla, so I wasn’t really particularly happy despite Carabao Cup. It was okayish, but not a big improvement over Ole. Second season was absolutely terrible with some of the most embarrassing results and performances I’ve seen since following the club in ‘99, the CL exit was blasphemous and the FA cup doesn’t really salvage the year of disgusting football. So I’ve personally seen enough

These are all preloaded now. Reckon the media will shoot them out systematically until he’s out the door.

Hope so. Getting a failed manager sacked at United requires the equivalent of running a political campaign these days.

These are all preloaded now. Reckon the media will shoot them out systematically until he’s out the door.
Can you blame them? Such an easy target, they’d be doing the exact same thing if it was Pool or Chelsea stuck with an incompetent dude and refusing to face reality. Heavily followed clubs, and we are the heaviest, will always face that