Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have pretty much lost faith in Ten Hag but today's second half suggests the players, regardless of the reason, are willing to make a fist of it. He must have something because every so often he can light a fire under them. It's just never sustained.

:lol: hilarious that people still don't know about the auto correct and try and type that particular phrase

but I do know about the autocorrect though. the understanding is that everyone else knows too, and knows what was intended

Again. We conceded a huge chance in the 95th minute like we do every game.
We can't control the ball for 2 fecking minutes!!! How are people still finding ways to be positive about this?!

Don’t agree, we regularly start well, then fall apart. This was a pragmatic start which worked out well.
Pragmatic start? Definitely not. We couldn’t string 5 passes together for at least 20 minutes. Similar to the Saints game, the Liverpool game, the Fulham game. It’s worrying.

Much needed win and performance. Three good results in a row. It's a start. We have lotta games in a short period coming up, we'll see if we can take some confidence in to that.

Let’s see how we follow that win up before we start thinking he’s the messiah again

For a club of Manchester United's stature, the absolute minimum expectation going into this game was a win – and he delivered just that, the bare minimum, with a narrow one-goal victory. I'm happy we won, but let's be honest, we're Manchester United. Since when is beating Brentford considered an achievement? Maybe I am too demanding?

:lol: What was the mood like at OT in the first half?
I’d not say it was overly negative where I was at (next to Brentford’s bench). Most were pissed with ref for allowing the game to continue without de Ligt. Wasn’t positive either though, just barely any real reaction.

I'm delighted personally, we actually looked good in the second half!

I'd say thinking that suddenly changes anything is a pretty hysterical stance though.
If we go on a run of five or six games where we play consistently well, show some decent patterns of play and a general togetherness from the players, then I'll be really happy. If we go on a run of twenty games like that then I'll change my vote (as we know it's an incredibly important poll that Brailsford checks daily whilst hand washing his chinos outside his caravan beside the canal).

Next 6 weeks will decide things for him I feel. Lots of games in all competitions that we should be winning and he cant fall short. Out of all the big team games too, Chelsea at home is one we should be capable of winning so another opportunity there.

Next 6 weeks will decide things for him I feel. Lots of games in all competitions that we should be winning and he cant fall short. Out of all the big team games too, Chelsea at home is one we should be capable of winning so another opportunity there.
He's staying till end of season.

Hojlund is only back from injury. He played 14, 17, 63 and today 73 mins.

You'd be flipping the lid if we kept him on for the full 95 and he got injured.
It is a fair point but literally two minutes after he came off Zirkzee missed a sitter that Hojlund would have buried.

He seemed to take off Hojlund too soon for me. We were about to kill the game.

If we go on a run of five or six games where we play consistently well, show some decent patterns of play and a general togetherness from the players, then I'll be really happy. If we go on a run of twenty games like that then I'll change my vote (as we know it's an incredibly important poll that Brailsford checks daily whilst hand washing his chinos outside his caravan beside the canal).

Same

He's staying till end of season.
I doubt it, I think the smart money remains he does not see the new year, but he's given himself a little bit of a chance by improving things just as the pressure was becoming too much to survive. It's so easy for us to be right back there in no time at all though.

It is a fair point but literally two minutes after he came off Zirkzee missed a sitter that Hojlund would have buried.

He has to use the squad to mitigate the injuries. There probably was an amount of minutes appropriate for him.

Having a good half or 20 minutes ot whatever cleanly shows the players are alright enough to play decently.

If we can’t sustain it it’s on the tactics and management.

Having a good half or 20 minutes ot whatever cleanly shows the players are alright enough to play decently.

If we can’t sustain it it’s on the tactics and management.
I think today showed it’s more mental. There was a sense of injustice (even though it was fine to play on) and second half we’re suddenly up for it all of a sudden. This group needs to get more aggressive from the first second, it’s an issue I feel has been here for years long before ETH.

I think today showed it’s more mental. There was a sense of injustice (even though it was fine to play on) and second half we’re suddenly up for it all of a sudden. This group needs to get more aggressive from the first second, it’s an issue I feel has been here for years long before ETH.
It was great to see the team come out for the second half with some kind of fire and intensity fuelled by the bullshit circumstances of Brentford's goal.

Too often over the last decade we've seen them fold like a pack of cards as soon as they face any adversity. I don't know how Ten Hag hasn't lost the dressing room yet, but somehow, he hasn't.

He has to use the squad to mitigate the injuries. There probably was an amount of minutes appropriate for him.
+ he got wacked a few mins before, they're building him up, as well as being injured he hasn't had a pre-season either

Makes sense. If we were able to play like this for 4-5 months then it’s certainly different.

Yes, this vote has definitely made me change my mind. Give him a 4 year contract an reassess after 3 more seasons.

Zirkzee sub I don't mind; but wish he would stop with the unnecessary back 4 reshuffles when we are just 1 up.