Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not for any rational reason.

If ETH had gone to Spurs back when they interviewed him, no one on this forum, nor in OT, would be calling him "likeable". Other than for the misery he'd have wrought upon Spurs.
Let’s be honest, if he managed another team in the league we would be mocking him and that club non stop.

Maybe they are giving him the benefit of the doubt as the first 7 games had some tough fixtures and they are waiting to see if he can turn it around. I don't agree with it btw, but maybe that is their reasoning?
That would have made a lot of sense if EtH was on his first season here.

But he is on this third which makes that line of thinking, which I actually believe is what Ineos structure thinks, ludicrous.

Unless we’ve somehow found the next SAF, I’m not sure why INEOS doesn’t seem to mind sacrificing a whole season before getting a new manager

If the recruitment stays this bad and things continue this way, I wouldn’t be surprised if United are relegated in the next 5 years. Mid table teams are overtaking us and people need to wake up to the reality

This is a ludicrous thing to say, and if you genuinely think that then your brain has been rotted by too much internet negativity. Us being relegated within the next 5 years isn't even a remote possibility.

Let’s be honest, if he managed another team in the league we would be mocking him and that club non stop.

Of course. But for some simple people him being associated with their club will always override the fact he is a charisma vacuum, painfully awkward, insanely arrogant, never takes the fall himself for his own failures and gaslights his teams fans in interviews.

He's not as unlikeable as Moyes but it's pretty close. Nowhere near as likeable as LVG who was quite eccentric, had a bit of charisma and a distinctive personality, plus had earned some of his arrogance.

We had lots of posters who loved EtH calling Howe shit after EtH’s first season. Despite that Howe’s Newcastle which started from a lower baseline, spent less, and played far better football. But I guess EtH single handed led us to 4 more points.

If EtH was a manager of any of our rivals we would rate him as one of the worst managers in the history of the league. Right there with De Boer and Lampard. But until 6 months ago, he was a top 5, maybe even top 3 manager in the world.

This is an insane though while at the same time being exactly what I expect from this lot at this point...

Just gonna keep doing the same thing while hoping for different results to turn out to be that 1% instance of a manager actually turning the tide around this late

Unfortunately for us, absolutely nothing shown to us over the previous 18 months suggests that we have a manager capable of doing that

Maybe they are giving him the benefit of the doubt as the first 7 games had some tough fixtures and they are waiting to see if he can turn it around. I don't agree with it btw, but maybe that is their reasoning?
Unsure I follow — the only genuinely “tough” fixture we’ve had all season is Liverpool at home. Villa at a push

To suggest it wouldn’t be a surprise is odd.
In general I don’t expect United to be relegated no. But I also don’t expect that the recruitment is going to stay as bad as it has been. But If it does, I don’t think anyone should be surprised. A team full of Antony’s and Mount’s is fecked

In general I don’t expect United to be relegated no. But I also don’t expect that the recruitment is going to stay as bad as it has been. But If it does, I don’t think anyone should be surprised. A team full of Antony’s and Mount’s is fecked
I think whatever the context, if a club the size of United was relegated, it would be a huge surprise.

It’s insane really. Punting on yet another season costing us even more money just for the simple fact of making a point to “give him time” even though i don’t want our management just giving every fecking manager “time” for the sake of it.
Keeping him on for this season was ridiculous, continuing with him at this point is just ambitionless

I’m sure the United players are trembling with excitement at the prospect of seeing our bald and charismatic overlord again this week after his cheeky wee holiday.

We’re obviously waiting for Gareth Southgate to come back from his self imposed break before firing baldy.. and that is fecking terrifying.

Why is it not even a remote possibility?

We're currently 250/1 to be relegated this season. Try figuring out why that is, then project ahead.

It's insane that you're even asking this question, and suggests you've lost all perspective on where United stand relative to the rest of the league.

There's a reason that even last season, absolutely abysmal though we were, we still finished 34 points ahead of the relegation places, with over twice as many points as the best of the relegation teams. We are not a relegation calibre side, nor even remotely close to being one, even when underperforming as we are.

And if recruitment "stays as it is" we will continue to be nowhere near a relegation side, because outcomes like the Antony signing aren't even the average level of our recruitment. "A team full of Antony's" would require our recruitment to nosedive further, such that within 5 years our team is populated with players at the level of our worst signings.

Last edited:
Apart from the fact he seems absolutely untouchable and he's confident of this even when producing horrendous results, the moves being made feel like he has some input. Transfers, hiring of coaches, banning the likes of Fergie from the dressing room etc.
Yeah it’s in your head.

The stuff with Sir Alex is being sensationalised as always. It’s nothing to do with Ten Hag.

Also worth noting Sir Alex is remaining a non executive director and will be a constant presence at games.

Best available option gone. We're stuck for the season at least now. They won't be buying someone else out of another club.

Going to be a long season again.

This is an insane though while at the same time being exactly what I expect from this lot at this point...

Just gonna keep doing the same thing while hoping for different results to turn out to be that 1% instance of a manager actually turning the tide around this late

Unfortunately for us, absolutely nothing shown to us over the previous 18 months suggests that we have a manager capable of doing that

It’s just people over reacting to him not being sacked now and jumping to conclusions he won’t be sacked at all this season. The club can’t afford to write off the season just for the sake of sticking with a manager they tried to get rid of in the summer.

They are clearly giving him a chance to turn it round but I’ve no doubt he is on the verge of being sacked, he won’t be allowed to waste the whole season.

We shouldn’t let people come and go regardless of who they are. We need rules in place for who and when people can go into the dressing room and it sounds like that is exactly what’s happening,
it has always been tradition for the board members to visit the changing room

Can't believe he survives the international break. Madness. Nobody wants that guy here anymore apart from oppo fans and - seemingly - our board.

Then you can be surprised again

A club making bad decision after bad decision is not immune. If you think they are then that’s up to you. I don’t see how signing dud after dud and hiring dud after dud is sustainable. And the purse strings are being tightened
I don’t think they are immune from anything.

I just pointed out that it would be a surprise if the club got relegated and it would shock world football.

I’m surprised that you don’t think it would be a surprise if I’m honest. Very much so.

Yeah it’s in your head.

The stuff with Sir Alex is being sensationalised as always. It’s nothing to do with Ten Hag.

Also worth noting Sir Alex is remaining a non executive director and will be a constant presence at games.

I'm not talking about SAFs position being taken away but him being allowed in the dressing room. If he was a great influence that Ten Hag appreciated, do you think this would be happening?

Everything else points to him still having a huge say in everything. Why do you believe otherwise? Because the papers told you? Before INEOS it was known how much influence he had, so there's no proof without tabloid pieces, that he had had his influence reduced. The fact he's on the same contractual terms probably lends credibility to that.

I don’t think they are immune from anything.

I just pointed out that it would be a surprise if the club got relegated and it would shock world football.

I’m surprised that you don’t think it would be a surprise if I’m honest. Very much so.
As I’ve said, I also don’t expect the recruitment to stay so bad

And I don’t expect to have a manager as shit as Ten Hag at any point from January 2025 onwards

But if it does and we do, then it won’t be a surprise and it shouldn’t be one

Same way I wasn’t surprised when the shit laughing stock Manchester club in blue started winning leagues when they got all the best players and manager. United are doing the exact opposite of that.