Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not talking about SAFs position being taken away but him being allowed in the dressing room. If he was a great influence that Ten Hag appreciated, do you think this would be happening?

Everything else points to him still having a huge say in everything. Why do you believe otherwise? Because the papers told you? Before INEOS it was known how much influence he had, so there's no proof without tabloid pieces, that he had had his influence reduced. The fact he's on the same contractual terms probably lends credibility to that.
You seem to have become some kind of conspiracy merchant.

Truth is I don’t really care that much and don’t think it’s as bigger deal as being made out. As always though, certain folk will lap it up given the current issues at the club.

As I’ve said, I also don’t expect the recruitment to stay so bad

And I don’t expect to have a manager as shit as Ten Hag at any point from January 2025 onwards

But if it does and we do, then it won’t be a surprise and it shouldn’t be one

Same way I wasn’t surprised when the shit laughing stock Manchester club in blue started winning leagues when they got all the best players and manager. United are doing the exact opposite of that.
Whatever circumstances if United get relegated it will be a huge surprise to everyone in world football. Anyway.

The main reason I want him gone is that the players seem mentally fried. Totally at a loss playing for him. Maybe that says a lot but the players but you cannot fire them all, you can fire ETH. They need belief and new energy and now it is not coming. Hopefully the youth can continue to develop in the middle of this tripe we are wrapped up in.

Unsure I follow — the only genuinely “tough” fixture we’ve had all season is Liverpool at home. Villa at a push

Liverpool. Brighton away, which is obviously tough, Spurs and Villa are also pushing for top 4, so yeah obviously they are tough fixtures.

Are you saying only Liverpool, City and Arsenal are the only tough fixtures in the PL?

In that case, United should have won the league every year.

Last edited:
I'm not overly fussed that we've not got Tuchel, I think the England job suits him better.

It shouldn't make much of a difference to Ten Hag's fate. If he continues to dig his own grave, sooner or later, he will be put in it. It's a shame this looks like another total trudge of a season though.

It's annoying now that we have to throw away the season for this delusional idiot. Shame we couldn't get an easily available manager in Tuchal. Hopefully we can get top 8 and then hire Alonso or a better manager. I've zero faith in ETH now.

Last season I chalked it up to the insane amount of injuries. He can't even win with a full enough squad against FC Fecking Twente at home! I'll be surprised if he makes it past December.

I'm not overly fussed that we've not got Tuchel, I think the England job suits him better.

It shouldn't make much of a difference to Ten Hag's fate. If he continues to dig his own grave, sooner or later, he will be put in it. It's a shame this looks like another total trudge of a season though.
I'm of the same thinking regarding Tuchel.

I do think ten Hag should be a free agent by now though, what's happening now and what will happen the rest of the season, will take a few seasons to unravel.

I personally wanted Tuchel or Pochettino and both options are off the table now FFS.

Ten Hag has some serious luck on his side, I tell you :lol:

In the way that the match-going fans don't leverage their influence when things go awry. There always is positive feedback at the end of matches, no issue how terrible the performance was that just disgraced Old Trafford.

When there is nothing to be happy about, voice your discontent and motivate the board to act. In general, give honest feedback to the team on and off the pitch.

I don't mean "don't support them during the match", absolutely do that every time because it's your club and you want it to succeed, but responsible fans make clear what standards they have and what level of performance they expect - and if what they see matches that. This (almost) never seems to happen at Old Trafford, and I (and others) believe that this is part of the reason why it looks as if being 14th is absolutely acceptable for the fans and no reason to change the direction of the club.
Ah OK, I’m sceptical how much that has an affect. Feels heavily overplayed when read in plain text.

This is coming from an astute football intellect who was in the ‘Fergie Out’ sit-down protests in Utd Road Paddock!

Fortunately we were all ignored.

Also, there've been boo’s etc. since the Bournemouth game last year so it’s happening.

I think, in the end I’d rather we weren’t one of those rabid fanbases who go nuts at every downturn. But appreciate there’s a large range in there!

Thanks for taking the time to explain

I guess when they refer to ''the fans'' they're usually talking about those who attend Old Trafford regularly, otherwise as you say it's impossible to judge. If we're to go by social media alone ''the fans'' definitely aren't happy with the club/manager in any shape or form currently. The only thing the fans inside Old Trafford can do is either stop attending games, or let their voices be heard during the game via chants and banners.
Fair enough, but we’re not one lump of a thing, rather literally thousands of people who all think differently.

It’s why it feels a bit of a pointless argument to me.

Maybe I’m just too literal with some of these things!

It matters for this season at the very least and potentially even in the future depending on who we get instead of Ten Hag. Tuchel can easily turn it around and get us playing reasonable football and probably get us CL and a couple of deep cup runs. Given all the FFP issues we've been having it'll hamstring our progress even further if we fail to get atleast the EL.

It matters for this season at the very least and potentially even in the future depending on who we get instead of Ten Hag. Tuchel can easily turn it around and get us playing reasonable football and probably get us CL and a couple of deep cup runs. Given all the FFP issues we've been having it'll hamstring our progress even further if we fail to get atleast the EL.

Pointless to discuss now though isn't it? Tuchel isn't replacing Ten Hag. There's plenty of others who can improve on the shite the current bloke is serving up.

It is absolute nonsense to throw the word relegation into the discussion.
Over half a season worth of matches we would be around 14/15th. That’s beyond bad form, that’s a bad team.

Then we’re talking about a hypothetical situation where that team continues this way over half a decade more

Believing we can’t get caught up in the relegation mix over the coming years is showing blindness towards how bad we are becoming

Of course he is. Just because he is doing an extremely poor job doesn't mean he is not a decent bloke.
I agree with this but I really think he might not be haha. I was at Wolves v United's post match press conference and in person he really comes across as defensive, heavy blooded guy, difficult. That's of course just my perspective, I was at 7 other managers' press conferences too and he was the only one that I really disliked (might be a bit of bias can't lie, although we won that day!), and some characters in those too..

Maybe he is doing extremely poor AND he's also a bit of an a**

I have no confidence in him going forward and this season feels like it's going to be another bad one sadly. I just don't know how we're going to score enough goals and there's just very little to inspire belief or confidence that something will change.

This is an insane though while at the same time being exactly what I expect from this lot at this point...

Just gonna keep doing the same thing while hoping for different results to turn out to be that 1% instance of a manager actually turning the tide around this late

Unfortunately for us, absolutely nothing shown to us over the previous 18 months suggests that we have a manager capable of doing that

This sort of decision does more than just writing off this 1 season. It further dampens our attractiveness to talent and puts us further outside of Europe's elite. Eventually you don't get back in, especially if we decide that we will just give every joker year to continue underperforming before making a change. I bet Moyes wishes he won the Conference League here as he'd be in a job for life!

I don’t think we are making EL this year but he will steer us back there or Conference League within the following two seasons.

That's the dream and who knows by year 6 we could even be flirting with a top 4 finish. But I suppose we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.

This sort of decision does more than just writing off this 1 season. It further dampens our attractiveness to talent and puts us further outside of Europe's elite. Eventually you don't get back in, especially if we decide that we will just give every joker year to continue underperforming before making a change. I bet Moyes wishes he won the Conference League here as he'd be in a job for life!
Yup. It will further consolidate us as a mid table club and we’ll become the new Everton. We need to act fast and now.

It’s just people over reacting to him not being sacked now and jumping to conclusions he won’t be sacked at all this season. The club can’t afford to write off the season just for the sake of sticking with a manager they tried to get rid of in the summer.

They are clearly giving him a chance to turn it round but I’ve no doubt he is on the verge of being sacked, he won’t be allowed to waste the whole season.

I thought the same last season, put it down to the takeover happening and a power vacuum leaving no one in place to make a decision.

1 year on and there's still no one willing to make a decision it seems. By the time they eventually do pull the trigger top 4 will be a mountain to climb.

That's already happened, with the exception.of about 3 months either side of the World Cup we've performed like a midtable side and got the results of an upper midtable side for more than 3 years.

During that period we have largely stocked our squad with 2nd rate players that won the Eredivisie with Ten Hag several years ago and apparently we're just merrily rolling along, more interested in not looking silly by backtracking so quickly on the decision to sack the manager in the summer rather than doing what's best to improve results.

Hopefully the younger players like Yoro and Garnacho can be pivotal to a comeback in a few years and I'm sure despite our loss of lustre that we can still attract good young players with the offer of money and playing time, like what we've seen at Arsenal with the likes of Saka, Odegaard and Saliba, but currently we have at best a Europa League standard squad led by a manager who has been one of the worst in the league for more than 12 months now.

With Tuchel off the market it definitely makes it far more likely that he will see this season out and we will just review and assess at the end of year again.

That's already happened, with the exception.of about 3 months either side of the World Cup we've performed like a midtable side and got the results of an upper midtable side for more than 3 years.

During that period we have largely stocked our squad with 2nd rate players that won the Eredivisie with Ten Hag several years ago and apparently we're just merrily rolling along, more interested in not looking silly by backtracking so quickly on the decision to sack the manager in the summer rather than doing what's best to improve results.

Hopefully the younger players like Yoro and Garnacho can be pivotal to a comeback in a few years and I'm sure despite our loss of lustre that we can still attract good young players with the offer of money and playing time, like what we've seen at Arsenal with the likes of Saka, Odegaard and Saliba, but currently we have at best a Europa League standard squad led by a manager who has been one of the worst in the league for more than 12 months now.

The problem is a lot of fans have shockingly not realised quite how bad we have been for quite how long. If you went back to 2022 and showed fans the stats of our performance since the League Cup Final they would laugh at you for making up absurd lies, yet here we are and somehow a lot of people have not quite noticed just how bad it has been. This is exactly how you become a mid table team and worse. After a couple of seasons without Europe we end up needing to sell players for financial reasons and cannot attract talent and continually fall further. A team like Real Madrid would never let this happen, hence sacking multiple managers in a season before ending up back with Zidane, but the point is they will try a coach and get rid when it's not working and try another one with no hesitation because more is lost through indecision than the wrong decision if you take affirmative action to address the mistakes. I really want us to get rid of this mentality that the manager is some infallible creature that deserves more than his performance dictates - like Pep said, there is no project, you must get results or there are problems.

People also saying we could never get relegated have a weird level of arrogance despite the fact that we are on a rapid downward trend over the last 3 years. Teams like Leeds and West Ham were "too good to go down" yet still did. It may be exceptionally unlikely but we are closer to relegation form than we are to title winning form and seemingly are determined to throw time away keeping a manager we KNOW is not up to it because we are scared that the next guy MIGHT not be up to it. Ten Hag turning it around would be a 1 in a million thing, almost like being struck by lightning twice in a day - it COULD theoretically happen, but you would never stake your money on it happening.

The idea of Tuchel being off the market making it more likely Ten Hag finishes the season is such bizarre shite? As if he's the only man who could possibly step in, which is just blatantly not true.