Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
We brought in Ruud, I am sure, to give us the option of sacking ETH and buy us time to find a replacement. I think RVN will be given the season while we assess who is attainable

Comments like this from the usually reliable journalists is worrying. I’d have thought that performance would show he’s all but done…

It's funny cause I think a lot of the journalists were quite harsh on him when things were going okay. Now when the wheels have fallen off they have been incredibly charitable.

I think they just want us to be miserable :lol:

If your not ruthless in football you're stupid.

We've very clearly been stupid for a long fecking time.

Apparently everyone is all too happy for that to continue

We kept a clean sheet, I don't think the centre back switch was the problem. I would instead point to the fact we didn't score a goal.

It obviously isn't the main problem but it is pretty ironic after hearing so many drone on about how he couldn't get results until he had the centre backs to play his "style".

Seriously I thought Ineos will bring something different but sadly was I wrong. Keeping ETH after interviewing other candidates is one of the stupidest decision ever. Buying a toothless striker to back up our first choice toothless is criminal, Hoijund is a project and you buy yourself another project. Not bringing a left back is another stupid decision, why do we have so many CB and no left back? Surely, we could loan one. The day that Alex decides to leave, United is curse. Whoever is in charge are clueless whether it is the manager or the board. If ETH doesn't gets to sack, I lose all faith in Ineos.

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag to Sky Sports: "I think it's the fourth clean sheet this season. You see we had a very good organisation and togetherness. There was good character and good spirit as a team. Determined, resilient.

"We almost didn't concede a chance, when you defend like this and get some luck, in the end they had a big chance but it was almost the only chance I think.

"We created some chances, also not so many chances. We hit the crossbar and also Rashford had chances. But the two teams were really balanced.

"In Porto our build-up was brilliant, so good in the first 25 minutes, we out-played Porto. Also Palace, in possession we were so good, we have had games this season where we are good. But today we didn't create too many chances, but also we played a great team.

"We create loads of chances in our seven games but we have to step up. We have to take into consideration Hojlund is returning, he's still coming up to full fitness. But others are stepping up. I was impressed from Rashford, also Garnacho is so good, and Antony at the end."

Was Rashford one foul away from a red card?: "Yes that was one of the reasons to take him off. If it was another foul probably he would be sent off. We can't take another risk."

On Maguire injury: "He didn't feel well after half-time so I had to take him off.

"We know in this moment we have a lack of goals, in that perspective it's not a good start, we have to step up. That's an area we have to improve. But we have four clean sheets. That's good because we have to defend proper."

Has he spoken to the club's hierarchy?: "We always speak, every week we speak. We are all on board together, on one page, we know what we are working through it's a long-term process.

"We have come through two very tough away games. This is a team, we showed the belief and faith we have
WTF?

Has he gone yet?? International break is here now and since losing to Liverpool he won 1 single game in the league and that was against mighty Southampton. Two games after Tottenham where it was reported he would be kept on for atleast this week and he failed to win them both. Pointless to continue this charade.

Bad apple. Always was one. Don't think Ten Hag deserves any more time but Keane was right when he said leopards don't change their spots

The things he's saying about all being on the same page (with the board) and everyone agreeing that it's some sort of magical long term process that only United have to go through, just makes the entire club look stupid by association.

Edit: genuinely think we might as well save ourselves the stress and expect him to stay at it seems he's here for a while yet.

He's a deluded narcissist. I wouldn't put much stock in the self serving nonsense he comes out with

Just the confidence he speaks with in regards to the owners about being on the same page. If that of been mentioned surely you'd just say yes of course we speak and leave it at that. Strange one

At Wembley in the summer it felt like Ten Hag stumbled on an approach that could go somewhere. Pretty much ever since it's been awful.

His words that we would never play Ajax football should probably have been the final straw thinking back. That was the man who was meant to move us on from Oleball telling us that weren't happening.

Instead we have been left with what we saw today, which isn't even Oleball. Sure it's compact but with none of the fast breaks or quick counters that made what came before remotely threatening.

We play rigid position football, where our players go forward like chess pieces waiting for the next guy to move to where he's been coached to get the ball. It's basically Van Gaal plus.

It's not worth continuing with this.

If we are going to continue to play some version of this then, let's be real, there are many available coaches better at teaching it than Ten Hag.

If we are not then, by going back to basics, Ten Hag has already shown he's incapable of getting this United to play a successful possession style.

It's over.
Why? We literally parked the bus and played on the counter attack. It might sometimes work against attacking teams but it's absolutely not a consistent winning strategy.

The last opportunity to sack him and still save our season. Anything after this break and it's too late.

There is no reason to see this continue another day and if it does Ineos and their team are clearly not up to the task of running a football club like ours

Goodbye and good riddance. If he had left 'by mutual consent' after the cup upset he could have continued to spin his bizzaro narrative of success everywhere. But that bubble has long burst.

Must be sacked, preferably this evening.

Football is not a marriage, its not even comparable.

But if you want to compare it, I can give you a better comparison. You are a billionaire (United), the biggest personality in your field (United are one of the biggest clubs) so when you get married you want someone who matches all your ambitions, achievements etc..

You give her 10000's of millions to shop for how they dress and instead you get her spending the money on her friends and wasting it, not giving you anything back. Instead she is cheating on you and getting battered by your rivals left right centre and posting on socials.

That is what is happening, he has got millions to spend, yet cannot get a team to pass.
Marriage, friends, job,.....whatever... my point is that we've changed the players, we've changed managers, we've even changed the CEO and the "DOF" (joke) and SOME of the board but we're getting worse. I don't think we'll EVER win ANYTHING until we chase the GLAZERS out. THEY are the constant that HASN'T CHANGED. Which magic manager can fix this shower of shit??? Our issues are at the CLUB and CORPORATE level and spray downward. A new manager doesn't fix this unless it somehow miraculously makes 10 of our players stop playing like shit and prevents us from constantly seeing dozens of long term injuries to key players EVERY f-ing year. Ten Hag will get another job as soon as he wants one and THAT team will do well far more quickly than we will.

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag to Sky Sports: "I think it's the fourth clean sheet this season. You see we had a very good organisation and togetherness. There was good character and good spirit as a team. Determined, resilient.

"We almost didn't concede a chance, when you defend like this and get some luck, in the end they had a big chance but it was almost the only chance I think.

"We created some chances, also not so many chances. We hit the crossbar and also Rashford had chances. But the two teams were really balanced.

"In Porto our build-up was brilliant, so good in the first 25 minutes, we out-played Porto. Also Palace, in possession we were so good, we have had games this season where we are good. But today we didn't create too many chances, but also we played a great team.

"We create loads of chances in our seven games but we have to step up. We have to take into consideration Hojlund is returning, he's still coming up to full fitness. But others are stepping up. I was impressed from Rashford, also Garnacho is so good, and Antony at the end."

Was Rashford one foul away from a red card?: "Yes that was one of the reasons to take him off. If it was another foul probably he would be sent off. We can't take another risk."

On Maguire injury: "He didn't feel well after half-time so I had to take him off.

"We know in this moment we have a lack of goals, in that perspective it's not a good start, we have to step up. That's an area we have to improve. But we have four clean sheets. That's good because we have to defend proper."

Has he spoken to the club's hierarchy?: "We always speak, every week we speak. We are all on board together, on one page, we know what we are working through it's a long-term process.

"We have come through two very tough away games. This is a team, we showed the belief and faith we have
Our manager talking shit again. Again and again, he keeps talking about the past like he actually put points on the board. 8 points in 7 games, negative goal difference, hasn't score in 1st half in 6 games, attackers clueless in attack.

At Wembley in the summer it felt like Ten Hag stumbled on an approach that could go somewhere. Pretty much ever since it's been awful.

His words that we would never play Ajax football should probably have been the final straw thinking back. That was the man who was meant to move us on from Oleball telling us that weren't happening.

Instead we have been left with what we saw today, which isn't even Oleball. Sure it's compact but with none of the fast breaks or quick counters that made what came before remotely threatening.

We play rigid position football, where our players go forward like chess pieces waiting for the next guy to move to where he's been coached to get the ball. It's basically Van Gaal plus.

It's not worth continuing with this.

If we are going to continue to play some version of this then, let's be real, there are many available coaches better at teaching it than Ten Hag.

If we are not then, by going back to basics, Ten Hag has already shown he's incapable of getting this United to play a successful possession style.

It's over.
That's when I was done with him.

Going nowhere. He isn't getting sacked over two draws, which was the goal today. A draw against Villa and he accomplished it.

Two draws, but 14th in the league and one point in our Europa group. Hopefully owners who are paid thousands to run the club don't share your opinion here.

We are seven games into the season with only five goals scored, a negative G/D it will be unbelievable if he isn’t sacked but it genuinely looks like he won’t be.

I could actually see us finishing in the bottom ten if he stays.

Marriage, friends, job,.....whatever... my point is that we've changed the players, we've changed managers, we've even changed the CEO and the "DOF" (joke) and SOME of the board but we're getting worse. I don't think we'll EVER win ANYTHING until we chase the GLAZERS out. THEY are the constant that HASN'T CHANGED. Which magic manager can fix this shower of shit??? Our issues are at the CLUB and CORPORATE level and spray downward. A new manager doesn't fix this unless it somehow miraculously makes 10 of our players stop playing like shit and prevents us from constantly seeing dozens of long term injuries to key players EVERY f-ing year. Ten Hag will get another job as soon as he wants one and THAT team will do well far more quickly than we will.
I haven't looked at this myself, but it'd be interesting to see how managers have done post United. Probably difficult to draw comparisons in fairness. It's a real mess.