Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Competent :lol:

Whitwell's been banging the drum all week the club don't want to sack him, and has repeatedly said that his feeling is even a loss today wouldn't have been enough.

He's a club hack who is just repeating the nonsense INEOS are coming up with to justify this.

He's staying there's not point thinking anything will change.

The Hag and his media cronies immediately firing up all their gaslighters.

Said it before, getting a failed United manager sacked takes more effort than most political campaigns.

Genuinely the hardest job in the world to get sacked :lol:

We have probably the easiest run of fixtures until the November international break outside of Chelsea.

Perfect time to make a change during this coking break and give them some time to settle in with less expectations.

Everybody and their mother can see it's fast going nowhere but rock bottom under ETH and a massive waste of time for no discernable benefit

at least by now, we see much less people here still vent anger and frustration against different players.
ETH has been unable to gel a working unit. The attacking play has never worked out.
I would like to have Ole back.

Same old story. Attacking set up cannot defend and defensive set up cannot attack. 160M spent on center backs and he has to roll out Maguire and Evans when he needs a result.

Our standards keep slipping the more time goes on, we sacked previous managers for less. Worst start in PL history for us, while matching it last season. Deserves getting booted out of the club.

Competent :lol:

X7GKgS9ofe-ZDb6oQEXC7N4fhz2T-TxCY0HTevXg3dM.png

Now begins the anxious "will he or won't he" be sacked countdown. If it's going to happen, usually is within the first 2 days. So if he's here on Wednesday then it's not happening. Would be shocked if he stayed but who knows. Utterly pathetic watching us.

It's like when a lad gets caught in school for doing none his work and scrapes the barrel for anything he thinks he's done right.

"I.. I helped put the chairs away after assembly that one time Miss!"

Whitwell's been banging the drum all week the club don't want to sack him, and has repeatedly said that his feeling is even a loss today wouldn't have been enough.

He's a club hack who is just repeating the nonsense INEOS are coming up with to justify this.

He's staying there's not point thinking anything will change.
They don't want to spend the money. He's staying.

He is so full of shit in that post match interview and knows he is safe. "We're on one page, it is a long term project"
If we are still on page one in his third year here, then life's literally too short for Ten Hag ball.

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag to Sky Sports: "I think it's the fourth clean sheet this season. You see we had a very good organisation and togetherness. There was good character and good spirit as a team. Determined, resilient.

"We almost didn't concede a chance, when you defend like this and get some luck, in the end they had a big chance but it was almost the only chance I think.

"We created some chances, also not so many chances. We hit the crossbar and also Rashford had chances. But the two teams were really balanced.

"In Porto our build-up was brilliant, so good in the first 25 minutes, we out-played Porto. Also Palace, in possession we were so good, we have had games this season where we are good. But today we didn't create too many chances, but also we played a great team.

"We create loads of chances in our seven games but we have to step up. We have to take into consideration Hojlund is returning, he's still coming up to full fitness. But others are stepping up. I was impressed from Rashford, also Garnacho is so good, and Antony at the end."

Was Rashford one foul away from a red card?: "Yes that was one of the reasons to take him off. If it was another foul probably he would be sent off. We can't take another risk."

On Maguire injury: "He didn't feel well after half-time so I had to take him off.

"We know in this moment we have a lack of goals, in that perspective it's not a good start, we have to step up. That's an area we have to improve. But we have four clean sheets. That's good because we have to defend proper."

Has he spoken to the club's hierarchy?: "We always speak, every week we speak. We are all on board together, on one page, we know what we are working through it's a long-term process.

"We have come through two very tough away games. This is a team, we showed the belief and faith we have

This confirms to me that he's in no danger of being sacked.

I like Whitwell but he toes the club line. If this is his perspective, then he must be pretty confident he's staying.
Agree but it's unlikely that he knows the thoughts of the hierarchy after sitting through that game.

Nothing like constantly rotating your centre-backs to bring consistency.

Get rid.

Our standards keep slipping the more time goes on, we sacked previous managers for less. Worst start in PL history for us, while matching it last season. Deserves getting booted out of the club.
He actually broke his own record there

Kind of mad that he has even been offered the chance to break his own record for worst start ever at the club

I personally don't believe this, his body language throughout the entire game resembled something of desperation.

You can see it in his countenance it's not just pressure but a weight of expectation, I reckon the hierarchy are telling him the form cannot continue.

Doesn't mean they'll sack him, but Ratcliffe's comments mid-week about refusing to answer if he has confidence in him is a glaring assessment given Jim is the superior to Erik's superiors.