Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ten Hag's voice actually irritates me now. Looks more clueless after each game. Villa will put the stamp on the passport of his inevitable sacking. Ruud should not get the job on a temporary basis either. He has been a part of a failing cohort of management. Send them all packing.

I don't see how last night has helped his position. Two draws out of two games is unacceptable, especially how we threw away a winning position.

A draw against Villa will be inadequate also.

Sack him.

If reports are true, SJR is going to the game, I suspect he is gone after the Villa game, a bit like Ole and Watford.

The way we played against Porto, Villa will beat us 3/4 easily.
Villa is playing some brilliant football, they will most likely beat us, but I think with us being shit we can still beat them.

We've won 3 games this season - Fulham, Southampton and Barnsley. Lost 3 and drawn 3

That's pathetic

Scraping a draw in a Europa League game on a Thursday night. Oh how the standards have fallen :(

The only comfort I take is that around 90% of people have stopped defending him.

I remember the darks days on here and other platforms. There used to be some crazy defence campaigns.

Journalist needs to question him more on Tactics, why isnt suiting his forward players, why midfield is getting overrun, why Martinez is getting dragged to the side and De Ligt is left alone in the middle ..

there's 300-ish that still haven't changed their votes. they're either ashamed or they're truly Spartans.
'Tonight we dine in hell' kind of status :lol: :lol:

Can you blame him? Main CB signing gets injured in pre season. Main LB is out injured. Main RB is being forced to play out of position. Main DM signing arrives late without a pre season. This makeshift defence was always going to struggle.

And if you don't like those excuses, I have plenty more.

You know what? I’m just sad. I had very high hopes for ETH. And I see it’s going nowhere. Maybe he doesn’t have the players he needs, maybe he needs something else. I’m sad as I think we’ve tried everything post Fergie and nothing worked

I get your feelings! The only thing we haven’t tried is having a good footballing structure in place. Hopefully, we have that now and can focus on the future without relying too much on the current manager.

Can you blame him? Main CB signing gets injured in pre season. Main LB is out injured. Main RB is being forced to play out of position. Main DM signing arrives late without a pre season. This makeshift defence was always going to struggle.
Stop making excuses. His CB pairing he was happy to shell out around £90m for. These are not second choice. His RB would prob start ahead of Dalot. The LB position is his only gap in the whole starting 11. Even you’re trying to get a response or utterly deluded like the rest of his fan club.

I'm guessing he needs until the end of a third season to finally fix something. I'm standing in front of a wall with my brushes and a tin of paint. Hours go by and my missus finds me sitting on my arse doing feck all, none of the walls painted. I tell her I'll get it done before next week, yet I do nothing. Just sit there looking at the wall. Eventually, two months later, she finds me still sitting there doing feck all. And the only thing on the bare walls is a cruedly painted cock and balls.

Yeah that analogy just about sums up the last 2 years of this process.

You know what? I’m just sad. I had very high hopes for ETH. And I see it’s going nowhere. Maybe he doesn’t have the players he needs, maybe he needs something else. I’m sad as I think we’ve tried everything post Fergie and nothing worked
We haven't tried a young coach. There are a dozen or so coaches in the 30-45 age category who are making a big impact across Europe.

Arsenal did - Now look a proper club and outfit.

Leverkusen did - Went an entire domestic season undefeated.

Sporting did - Won 2 league titles and multiple domestic cups after going 19 years without a league title

Bayern did - Took a gamble on Kompany and look excellent this season. They dominated Leverkusen recently.

Juventus did - Haven't conceded a goal in Serie A since Motta was appointed.

Brighton did - Hürzeler is only 31 and has lost just 1 game out 8 so far this season.

Stuttgart did - Runners-up in The Bundesliga last season. They were a division below just over 4 years ago.

Ipswich did - From League One to The PL in less than 3 years under McKenna

Lens - Undefeated in Ligue 1 under 31 year old Will Still.

6 managers without any consistency including 2 of the all time greats and we're NOWHERE near being out of this. One bad marriage, maybe it's HER fault, 2? Maybe her too but after 5 or six, YOU are the problem.
Those '2 all time greats' were both clearly past their best by the time that they joined us. LVG never managed a club side again after us (indeed it was another five years before he managed anything again), and Mourinho has had to settle for smaller and smaller clubs at every stage as he continuously fails at each level.

At the end of the day, the club was failing at multiple things. One of those things is that it was hiring the wrong managers. None of them would have had any real success even if everything else at the club was set up correctly. Maybe a few extra of the smaller cups (EFL, FA, Europa) but we still wouldn't have been competing for the PL or CL. The managers themselves simply weren't good enough and they do have the single biggest impact on performances and results.

On the flip side, everything else at the club was poor enough that even the best managers would have struggled to compete for the PL or CL. Once again I expect we'd have won more of the smaller cups and not had so many horror seasons where everything went wrong, but I'm not sure if even a Pep or Klopp could have got us to the absolute business end of the big comps. But that never happened, because one of the most clear signs of the hierarchy not being good enough is that they were choosing the wrong managers.

Both aspects of the club need to be right and working together to achieve success. The rest of the club hierarchy and set-up needs to be good enough, AND the manager needs to be good enough. We've just had a decade where neither have been true which is why things have been so bad. However we've now just replaced pretty much the entire set-up above and around the manager with people who are much more qualified for those positions, so hopefully that side of things will now be good enough (only time will tell for sure). Now it's time to fix the other half of the problem - the manager.

14 goals in the last 6 games. At least he has sorted out the goal scoring issues from last season.

Now he needs the players to stop letting him down in defence. So many individual mistakes that shouldn’t be happening. Think we should be set once Shaw and Yoro are back. They are high IQ players who are able to follow instructions.
:lol:

7 of them against Barnsley.

Also absolutely nothing indicating he’s capable of sorting out the defense.

He is lucky that he's won trophies as without them I think he'd be comfortably seen as the worst manager you've had post-Fergie.

He’s significantly worse than Moyes, and I never thought a day would come where I would say that.

We finished lower in the league than we did under Moyes with a goal difference I would not have thought possible.

We’ve spent significantly more money under him, with two of his signings being contenders for our worst signings ever (Felliani and Mata were useful now and then)

Our style of play manages to simultaneously look less potent when attacking while also more open and vulnerable in defense which makes us just awful to watch.

We didn’t regularly get hammered by our rivals and teams vaguely close to us.

Moyes was actually able to make it out of the CL group stage.

And lastly, Moyes was nowhere near as arrogant and insufferable to watch or listen to as ETH is, and I thought Moyes came across as undeservedly arrogant at United.

Two domestic cups don’t elevate ETH above Moyes. ETH is comfortably the worst United manager I’ve seen in my lifetime. Bald f raud doesn’t even begin to describe him. I’m actually seething while typing this. I dislike ETH as much as I’ve ever disliked anyone associated with football and as much as you can dislike a man you’ve never met.

6 managers without any consistency including 2 of the all time greats and we're NOWHERE near being out of this. One bad marriage, maybe it's HER fault, 2? Maybe her too but after 5 or six, YOU are the problem.
Honestly, look at this message. what to do with this kind of braindead thinking? Absolutely garbage logic and low iq level of reasoning. First of all, it’s not a god damn marriage. It’s a sport where you hire managers and sign players every season to enhance your football team. Most often than not they don’t fit. So you move on and sign more players until they perform for you.

Secondly, we aren’t a fecking unique club operating in a different league on a different planet. Every club go through this literally every damn club. You name it. Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool etc etc etc. And how do you get it right? Keep hiring until you do get it right especially when the structure is there now. Opinions like your post should be chucked into the toilet because that’s where they belong.

:lol:

7 of them against Barnsley.

Also absolutely nothing indicating he’s capable of sorting out the defense.
10 against Barnsley and Southampton.

Southampton are going to finish rock bottom and will be lucky to amass 25 points this season if they stick with Russell Martin.

And the crazy thing is, they outplayed us for 30 minutes. Dibling forced a great save out of Onana, Ugochukwu had a free header from a corner, and Archer missed a penalty + the rebound. Then the game changed.

Honestly, look at this message. what to do with this kind of braindead thinking? Absolutely garbage logic and low iq level of reasoning. First of all, it’s not a god damn marriage. It’s a sport where you hire managers and sign players every season to enhance your football team. Most often than not they don’t fit. So you move on and sign more players until they perform for you.

Secondly, we aren’t a fecking unique club operating in a different league on a different planet. Every club go through this literally every damn club. You name it. Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool etc etc etc. And how do you get it right? Keep hiring until you do get it right especially when the structure is there now. Opinions like your post should be chucked into the toilet because that’s where they belong.
Look at the managers we've hired, they all play vastly different styles which means they've had to go buy half a new squad to even try to play their way, which generally backfired.

You mention Liverpool, his style is an adaptation of Klopps... It's not some radical swing and they're playing it having signed no new players. They've not gone for some big name who plays a vastly different style to the squad they've built. That's having leadership with a brain.

When you look at the glaring tactical issues we create under ETH any manager coming in will have a massive and immediate impact, they will narrow the gaps and the distance between the lines, that alone will see us with less turnovers and more solidity, more passing options and the ability to increase our pace of passing..... just taking this team back to basics, even if we go 4-4-2 (BTW I love 4-4-2, it is proper football) and stop messing about, everybody just play their own position, the difference would be instant.

I am serious when I say any other manager would immediately get us playing 10x better than we have been, Big Sam, Neil Warnock... wheel Rednap out of retirement, any manager who understands the basics of football looks at the way we play and can see how horrific the coaching, formation and tactics are, and we are easy to beat because our weaknesses are easy to exploit.

ETH's first season was made by Rashford having an incredible run of form, since then he has survived thanks to moments of individual brilliance, I can think of a handful of great team performances when I have thought, hang on something could come better, then the next game, same old shite! I do not know how ETH has not lost the players before now, but it looks as if they may finally be giving up out of sheer depression over results and performances

14 goals in the last 6 games. At least he has sorted out the goal scoring issues from last season.

Now he needs the players to stop letting him down in defence. So many individual mistakes that shouldn’t be happening. Think we should be set once Shaw and Yoro are back. They are high IQ players who are able to follow instructions.
@Acquire Me Told you someone was going to defend him :lol:

I'm still backing him. Tired of us constantly sacking managers to then move onto someone completely different, who would want a different set of players and different set of style that will take us another 2-3 years to recover from. Give him to whole season at least and without pressure that he can be sacked at any time. The constant negativity around the club will only be detrimental right now.

Scraping a draw in a Europa League game on a Thursday night. Oh how the standards have fallen :(
The funniest thing is that ETH fans will use it to his defence and there's a good chance he survives because of this one point. Lose to Villa now, and we're still in good spot with EtH just needing a little bit more time and a full preseason.

Look at the managers we've hired, they all play vastly different styles which means they've had to go buy half a new squad to even try to play their way.

You mention Liverpool, his style is an adaptation of Klopps... It's not some radical swing and they're playing it having signed no new players. They've not gone for some big name who plays a vastly different style to the squad they've built. That's having leadership with a brain.
To be honest, ten Hag's style has been very similar to Ole's in terms of depending on fast transitions and counter attacks.

We (fans) thought ten Hag would bring a more controlled approach, with an emphasis on possession. We were wrong.

Ten Hag's voice actually irritates me now. Looks more clueless after each game. Villa will put the stamp on the passport of his inevitable sacking. Ruud should not get the job on a temporary basis either. He has been a part of a failing cohort of management. Send them all packing.
Harsh on Ruud. He's been here, what, a few months? As shown with McKenna (& Carrick), it's not always the case where assistants are clueless. It's just possible that the manager doesn't give them enough scope to make a massive difference. Not that I'm advocating for Ruud.

I'm still backing him. Tired of us constantly sacking managers to then move onto someone completely different, who would want a different set of players and different set of style that will take us another 2-3 years to recover from. Give him to whole season at least and without pressure that he can be sacked at any time. The constant negativity around the club will only be detrimental right now.
Sigh. No white text.

ETH is done, same mistakes again. We play a 4-3-3 with 4 attackers. Rashford, as our fastest attacker, cannot defend at the 16-yard line. So as long as our opponents overlaod our left wing, we have troubles. ETH could try a different formation. 3-5-2. for example. Martinez, Maguire, de Ligt give us enough playmaking, hight and physicality. We should have more control in our MF and can create different striker duos, even switch to a 3-4-3 formation with the ball. But to change the formation, we would need a manager, who is not stubborn as hell.

The funniest thing is that ETH fans will use it to his defence and there's a good chance he survives because of this one point. Lose to Villa now, and we're still in good spot with EtH just needing a little bit more time and a full preseason.
I mean, are there like legit still people defending EtH to the point you're able to call them "fans"? I mean what could they possibly still be clinging onto?

Yeah, feck winning right?

Hopefully gone by the break. Wanted him to stay at the end of the season but come to the conclusion he's not the man. We don't need a long drawn out affair.

He'll be gone during the break. We've had what, 3 wins? Fulham, Southampton and Barnsley. Piss poor.

I mean, are there like legit still people defending EtH to the point you're able to call them "fans"? I mean what could they possibly still be clinging onto?
"Love's gonna get you killed
But pride's gonna be the death of you, and you and me
And you, and you, and you and me
And you, and you, and you and me
And you, and you, and—"

I have a perverse curiousity to how things would go if we doubled down and publicly said he will at the very least see out his contract

We know what happens when he’s sacked. We get someone else, have a bounce and then 2 years and X months in, when it turns shit, we rinse and repeat

But what would happen if we decided to just stick with someone and saw a 3rd, 4th and 5th season out of them?

Would it stay shite the whole time or would players realise the manager isn’t going anywhere regardless and get their heads down?

I think he’ll be sacked on Tuesday if we lose to Villa though, and that he’s shit
Firstly, why would getting a new manager inevitably turn to shit in 2+ years? Just because it has in the past, when we've had an incompetent boardroom hiring incompetent managers? Maybe, just maybe, the hierarchy is now improved and hires someone who is more aligned to where we want to be (even if they aren't necessarily going to be the one to take us all the way).

Secondly, you really think that it's the players that are letting down the manager? The players who have now almost all been signed by that manager or bought into the squad by him (many of whom had played under him previously)? The players who through individual quality are the only reason we haven't been even worse than we have been over the last 18 months, as our diabolical tactics and playstyle have set them up to fail match after match? The players who are still trying now, despite the utter incompetence of the manager?