Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
To move the discussion away from the match thread.

I think I was wrong to say beating Villa is worrying, as a lifelong fan, I want United to win every game and I will cheer every goal and enjoy a game won.

What I should have said was that hopefully INEOS had made their minds and will not be affected by positive results that masks EtH weaknesses, I want him gone asap and a win against Villa, in whatever manner, should not change that.

If reports are true, SJR is going to the game, I suspect he is gone after the Villa game, a bit like Ole and Watford.

The way we played against Porto, Villa will beat us 3/4 easily.

He is lucky that he's won trophies as without them I think he'd be comfortably seen as the worst manager you've had post-Fergie.

Back him please. For anybody who doesn't have an emotional attachment and won't be affected by the end result, your games are must watch tv.

I think it's amazing that you are backing a manager who prizes entertainment over results. Admirable, really

The problem is he's mainly entertaining the opposition and neutrals

If reports are true, SJR is going to the game, I suspect he is gone after the Villa game, a bit like Ole and Watford.

The way we played against Porto, Villa will beat us 3/4 easily.

But. We always seem to beat Villa for some reason .

:lol:

''Are we the assholes?''

Or alternatively we've been a very poorly ran club that hired the wrong managers at the wrong times.
This is why ten Hag needs to stay for foreseeable. This is still a very popular opinion. If the next guy fails, we'll be back on the roundabout again instead of quickly addressing the problem. He must see out this season at the very least.

I do find the refusal to hold a manager accountable for the poor job they do here baffling. You'd think seeing a great manager for over twenty years would cause the fan base to have some standards, and realise that the manager actually does have an impact on the way we play football.

I'd still replace ETH with RVN as soon as possible, and if that means waiting until after Villa dismantle us, or even if we beat them, so be it.
Worst possible outcome, for me. Refusing to take action in the summer because they felt the alternatives weren't a big enough improvement, only to sack him a few games into the season for a relatively unproven manager would be crazy when we could've just replaced him with a promising manager without writing the whole season off.

ten Hag seeing out the season and causing more of the fan base to accept that the manager can be the problem would be way more beneficial long term.

Worst possible outcome, for me. Refusing to take action in the summer because they felt the alternatives weren't a big enough improvement, only to sack him a few games into the season for a relatively unproven manager would be crazy when we could've just replaced him with a promising manager without writing the whole season off.

ten Hag seeing out the season and causing more of the fan base to accept that the manager can be the problem would be way more beneficial long term.

The problem with this analysis is that the performance level of the squad is degradingly rapidly. It's unthinkable I agree, but we're at risk of being dragged into a relegation battle.

I think Moyes still has that honor, even without the trophies ETH managed to finish 3rd in his first season.

Moyes was horrific but he never had 600m to spend or as much time as ETH to try turn it around. For me ETH is the worst

Good to see we are now basing managers on records rather than performances and results.
Oh no, he's been shit with performances and results too, thats why the negative records came. He's been a disgrace on all fronts.

The strangest thing is I still don’t think the players have giving up on him completely. To me it looks like they are still trying in a system that doesn’t work for anybody.

Moyes was horrific but he never had 600m to spend or as much time as ETH to try turn it around. For me ETH is the worst
Moyes contributed to the lowering of standards among club and fans that afforded ETH that much time in the first place.

The problem is he's mainly entertaining the opposition and neutrals
Because you are invested in the result. You could hire someone like Allegri who'd make you want to jump off a skyscraper during games but at the end you win. So you guys would be miserable for 2 hours but then end up happy, while everyone else would sooner drown their mum in piss rather than watch your games, and would you really prefer that?

14 goals in the last 6 games. At least he has sorted out the goal scoring issues from last season.

Now he needs the players to stop letting him down in defence. So many individual mistakes that shouldn’t be happening. Think we should be set once Shaw and Yoro are back. They are high IQ players who are able to follow instructions.

The strangest thing is I still don’t think the players have giving up on him completely. To me it looks like they are still trying in a system that doesn’t work for anybody.
Not sure, what they’re expected to do here. They’re employed by the club are being paid to perform. It’s not only their manager’s season, it’s their season as well. They’d still want to run and try a bit.

By all accounts, most of them haven’t really rated the manager to begin with.

But our style suits their runners — Morgan Rogers will have a field day with all that midfield space
His job's on the line and it's an away game, so park the bus & beat 'em on the counter it will be. And you will, too

Trust the process.

Just don't expect any improvement whilst the process is en train.

Bets on how long the process might take?
I'm guessing he needs until the end of a third season to finally fix something. I'm standing in front of a wall with my brushes and a tin of paint. Hours go by and my missus finds me sitting on my arse doing feck all, none of the walls painted. I tell her I'll get it done before next week, yet I do nothing. Just sit there looking at the wall. Eventually, two months later, she finds me still sitting there doing feck all. And the only thing on the bare walls is a cruedly painted cock and balls.

14 goals in the last 6 games. At least he has sorted out the goal scoring issues from last season.

Now he needs the players to stop letting him down in defence. So many individual mistakes that shouldn’t be happening. Think we should be set once Shaw and Yoro are back. They are high IQ players who are able to follow instructions.
FML

That were clearly on their last legs

Do you think Slot has picked up a team that are on the last legs? as most of their experienced players are 30 +?

Liverpool players Slot picked up V Moyes, the core team is probably older at Liverpool that what Moyes picked up.

Rio was the oldest at 35... and the core team was 28-32 with younger players like Evans, Jones, Smalling, Rafael, Anderson, Lingard etc..

That’s a very optimistic take. Most of those goals came against Southampton, Porto and more importantly Barnsley. We have clearly struggled to score against anyone half decent.

He's here for the long haul - I'm convinced of it now.

I doubt that. Ineos were always going to give him a fair chance this season after backing him after the cup final

No United manager can survive mid table for very long, though

You know what? I’m just sad. I had very high hopes for ETH. And I see it’s going nowhere. Maybe he doesn’t have the players he needs, maybe he needs something else. I’m sad as I think we’ve tried everything post Fergie and nothing worked
We have obviously not tried everything. We have not tried having competent people in charge of the daily operations of the club. We have it in place now and it is going to make a positive difference over time.
We have not had, as a club, a comprehensive and clear idea of what we actually want to do on the pitch. That helps when trying to build your squad as well as you can longterm. From what we can tell as fans we have just asked the current manager what they want, and then the higher ups at the club added some former stars almost at random just to add a big name and some winning mentality. It has led us to having spent billions on players and constantly have really odd disjointed squads with no synergy or coherency whatsoever in sight. It is hard to not to see improvements coming soon.
It will not happen over night and certainly not with our current manager though as he is simply not that good.

Can you blame him? Main CB signing gets injured in pre season. Main LB is out injured. Main RB is being forced to play out of position. Main DM signing arrives late without a pre season. This makeshift defence was always going to struggle.

Half of those goals were scored against the mighty Barnsley. So without those it is 7 goals in 5 games.