Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
INEOS first feckup was not having the balls to sack him in the summer. It was the difficult but right decision.

But they didnt want to go against the fanbase at the time, and played it safe, knowing they will only sack him after a bad run of form, with the fanbases approval, like now.

This means less pressure/criticism from fanbase if their new guy failed after coming in the summer. Also means we have somewhat written off this season. Sucks.

The way football people, or at least the idiots around United, approach these situations is hilarious.

How many make-or-break moments have we had under Jose, Ole, Hag now? Probably at least a dozen between the 3 of them.

Make or break moment is a euphemism for "we were too thick/cowardly to sack him when it was obvious he had failed"

100%, it is INEOS trying to save face atm. They took digs at the Glazers during the takeover process but they've come in talking a big game and brought in some shiny, new toys and failed in the exact same way in regards to on field matters as the Glazers. Now, they are refusing to admit defeat when everyone else can see this is a lost cause.

Laurie Whitwell on the Talk of the Devils podcast said he doesn’t think this is the “end game” for Ten Hag and the hierarchy insist his job is not under pressure

Seems implausible that he could survive a Villa defeat but there we go

Seems like guesswork.

INEOS are amateurs if this is how they and the people they've appointed analyse things.

There's 19 months worth of data since winning The League Cup. Simple research and analysis by fellow Caftards and myself have shown how poor most of stats are and have been for long a time.

I would also say in defence of Moyes, he immediately followed SAF which would have been an uphill task for any but maybe Ancellotti, Klopp, Pep?

Not only that the previous season SAF managed to get a league winning performance out of what was a squad that had pretty much come to an end and needed a massive overhaul, not sure anyone other than SAF could have got that squad to win anything (at that stage, ages etc.)

Ultimately the players really let Moyes down, they pretty much downed tools with a 3rd of the season left, (just like they did with Mou and Ole), not saying Moyes was great, that he was good enough or wouldn't have failed regardless, but I think he faced factors that none of the other post SAF managers had to face, I am confident that given £600m to spend and 3 seasons grace that we would be a better team under Moyes than we are under ETH

Same players was it?

One of my mates does my head in. He just refuses to criticise ETH and he's WhatsApping me today blaming the players!

I was browsing various online platforms during the game, and we still had some fans saying BS like 'let him cook, he is building something' when we went 2 up. Only then, for them to start saying 'nah, get rid of him when we went behind.

Some people are suckers and will never learn.

Let me guess he thinks it's the same players letting managers down for the last 10 years? I have a mate who is the same no matter how many times I point out that we don't have the same squad of players. :lol:

He was like this about Ole/Jose too. He will start to vaguely criticise the managers, before lumping it all on the players again. Infuriating.

The football people at the club had nothing to do with Jose or Ole

And...?

By football people I dont just mean the decision makers like Woodward, Murtough, Arnold. Also the United media, the ex player pundits and the fans. I dont think any other big clubs have several make-or-break moments over months, or years in ETH's case, for their failed managers. This is now our third manager in a row where we waste a season on a failed manager, stumbling around in a stupor for half of it before finally sacking them. It's a United exclusive thing because we have a uniquely deluded reverence for the manager position.

Ineos sport have already proven to be infected with this delusion. If Ashworth and Berrada dont sack ETH after the Villa game they will have proven to be infected with it too.

To be honest the only way for Ashworth and Berrada to inspire any confidence is for us to beat Villa and then for them to still sack Hag 2 days later.

That would be a perfect scenario and go a long way to showing they're not clowns like Ineos are.

Erik is so shameless to stay at United. He got a cheeks to blame everything except himself. Time of FO.
Yeah but according to him in his post match, judge him at the end of the season, just like last season..... deluded and arrogant

Also his comparison of EtH to Benitez is very generous, to put it mildly. Honestly, rather an insult to Benitez.

Yes, Benitez wasn’t the most likeable character and not up with the very best managers in the world. Yes we made fun of him here. But EtH’s achievements are nowhere near his. Not even close.

Benitez had a lot less resources than the top teams when he was managing Valencia and Liverpool, yet he won 2 La Liga titles, an UEFA cup and a CL whilst mostly being competitive (although behind the top) in the PL. He was also repeatedly sacked at other clubs quite early with the results usually being not that bad (at least vs EtH), so you might say that he did not have enough time.

Compare that to EtH who was at Ajax with a budget of multiple times more than the next club and at United who spent more than almost everyone under him (and allowed him to stay after 18 month of generally awful performances and results).

Yes, Benitez eventually declined and was constantly falling out with boards/players especially in the later part of his career. But Benitez is more like Tuchel level manager. Whereas EtH is Ole level manager at best.
Insult to Ole

How does Omar Berrada come from City and then tolerate this kind of shit that is going on here at this club? Is he a Man City plant or something to finish us for good?

Same players was it?

This is lazy from those fans really.. oh they will down tools and throw the manager under the bus.. the poster was probably watching Mark Goldbridge.

We have given Ten Hag a 12 new players, 6 of them who have played under him previously. There is no way I can get behind the "same old players throwing him under the bus" because they are not the same. Only Rashford remains, unless you telling me 1 player has that much influence?

Lads we are 6 points off 4th not 60. He's not going anywhere
Ole was 6 points off 4th when he was sacked. And that was on the back of a 2nd place finish and reaching a Europa League final.

ten Hag is on the back of United's worst ever PL season. 19 months of terrible football and results, with an FA Cup to cover over a terrible season.

We got outplayed probably in a good 80% of games last year, and I don't think I'm exaggerating.

You are not exaggerating. We were 15th on expected points. We finished 8th largely due to our players individually being well above league average standard and able to partly compensate for the flaws of the system.

We are also 6 points of 20th

6 points take other teams 2 games to get and United 6. That is an average of 1.16 points per game. If we say average it to 38 games, I am glad to tell you.. we will beat relegation. We will get 44 points.

There is no evidence that Ten Hag will / can improve on that.

For anyone thinking Ratcliffe might do well here HITC Sevens just released a video on him that's pretty damning.

United playing terribly, red cards, conceding goals. Rashford subbed off. Villa coming off one of their biggest wins in 40 years. Well coached. Flying high.

3-0 United.