Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just got my Liverpool mate text me to say he hopes we hold onto Erik until the end of the season.

We really need Villa to spank us 4 or 5 - 0 to hasten ETH's exit.

The waiting is getting tiring now. It's like when you've got your anal spikes covered in Tabasco and you lie there thinking "let's just be patient and get a few more popped in there before I tell Rimaldo my safe word."

There's no point. It's nothing but pain.

Mate he has spent 600m and signed most of the players in our starting 11. What are you even on about?
6 managers without any consistency including 2 of the all time greats and we're NOWHERE near being out of this. One bad marriage, maybe it's HER fault, 2? Maybe her too but after 5 or six, YOU are the problem.

The only way I could hate him more now is if he revealed that he actually has a full head of hair, but shaves it to be "ironic".

Maybe he's a shit manager, but prime Pep couldn't make this team good. We lost MILLIONS dithering on players like Lingard, Henderson, Scooby Doo, Maguire, etc,... when we should have cashed in when we had good offers for them and then our owners have left us with NO LEFT BACK for a year. We still have at least 5 dead wood players who SHOULD NEVER PLAY FOR US again. The game ended with Casemiro and Erikson, neither of which would play for ANY other top team in England, or Europe and yet they played 90 minutes today. The last 15 minutes, they WERE our midfield. I have no idea what the issue is but changing managers....again WILL NOT FIX THIS. GLAZERS OUT!!!!!
He's spent £600m. This is what he chose.

He's gotta go. Starting Bruno again when it's been clear he needs to have a seat on the bench for a spell. Then subbing off Rashford who scored 1 of our goals and assisted the other? Don't want to hear anything about rotation in a 2-2 European match, I'm all for pulling guys that have been shite but someone that has scored and assisted? Shocking.

I’ll say it quietly but I am beginning to believe we are never going to be a team that can hold the ball and work their way through opposition defences with Bruno as a 10.

Rotation.
Rashford "rotated "
Seriously he just has no clue.
Takes off our most dangerous player for fecking rotation, but he will play Bruno again and again and again when he has been shite. No mention of rotation then

We've conceded 161 goals in 123 games under ETH.
We conceded 173 in 162 games under Ole.
We conceded 121 in 144 games under Jose.

40 more goals conceded with ETH in 21 less games than Jose. How has this continued for this long, it's just bewildering.
Mourinho was Bailly, Smalling, Lindelof too centre backs a lot of the time, nothing special. Mourinho sets the whole team up more defensively but still, it's not like Ten Hag is scoring several every game to make up for it.

6 managers without any consistency including 2 of the all time greats and we're NOWHERE near being out of this. One bad marriage, maybe it's HER fault, 2? Maybe her too but after 5 or six, YOU are the problem.

Who is "You"? The club? I agree. For many years we tried changing the manager and little else. Now we've actually changed the club, with Ineos coming in.

But that won't lead us anywhere is the manager is not doing well. And yeah, sometimes the problem is the manager.

Thats unlucky for you.

I had a brand new house built in 2022 actually. The plans were marvellous. I specified that I wanted 10 rooms, one for each Hag.

Unfortunately, the foundations turned out to be complete shit and it's falling to bits now. Looking for a new one now.

Well at least it won two Better Home Awards before it collapsed.

We could go through 20 managers. It doesn't matter. They've been the wrong choice.

ETH's philosophy of playing underperforming players every game while benching and subbing players once they start to perform is certainly... unique

I’ll say it quietly but I am beginning to believe we are never going to be a team that can hold the ball and work their way through opposition defences with Bruno as a 10.
Someone in the match thread joked about the team having a "don't take more than one touch before passing" instruction or clause. But I truly believe Bruno is to blame for that, he's the captain, he's one of the focal points in the team and considering how he passes the ball around like it's a ticking time bomb, more times than not, I truly believe it affects how the others play as well.

Depends on your definition of good but Klopp, Sir Alex, Luis Enrique, Hansi Flick etc would have us in top 4 race. I mean look at what emery is doing with villa. When the team is performing less than the sum of the parts this is how it looks.
Sure. Several years ago it was Brendon Rodgers that would be the "magic" missing piece. For years we were told how we needed Poch. Before them, there have been DOZENS of "I know the perfect manager" here in the caf or from some pundit. None of them have come close to success ANYWHERE. I mentioned Emry and Ancellotti a few yeards back but doubt they would have helped. Most of them are retired or languishing in a far flung division or league. Ragnick told us EXACTLY what we needed to do to fix it and we laughed him back to Austria.

Wasn't on here for Moyes season but OGS, Jose and LvG never went much beyond roughly half of the forum wanting them gone...and all three were never unanimously popular choices to begin with.

EtH was a popular choice but a special kind of ineptitude has led to unprecedented levels of fans calling for his head
Even Moyes had supporters at the very end, my memory might be fuzzy but it was at least a quarter of the fans on here that wanted to give him more time. Most of the blame was put on the players.

Unless we get absolutely dismantled, I can't see him getting the sack. They'll use the international break as a way of taking pressure off and hope people forget

There will be books written and studies done to show just how bad of a manager this guy is. His ability to set a team up badly is almost unrivalled.

Mourinho was Bailly, Smalling, Lindelof too centre backs a lot of the time, nothing special. Mourinho sets the whole team up more defensively but still, it's not like Ten Hag is scoring several every game to make up for it.

Jose actually has a fractionally better goal scoring record and his GD is significantly better. Ultimately, ETH has been a complete disaster.

Manager​
Games​
Goals Scored​
GF Avg PG​
Goals Conceded​
GA Avg PG​
GD​
ETH​
123​
206​
1.67​
161​
1.31​
+45​
Ole​
162​
293​
1.81​
173​
1.07​
+120​
Jose​
144​
244​
1.69​
121​
0.84​
+123​

There's not a single positive stat I can find. 2 trophies I guess?

That’s twice he’s randomly taken a rampant Rashford out of games. It’s like he’s trying to get the sack and knows that a flying Rashford is the sole obstacle to that happening just as it was in 2022-23.

He's spent £600m. This is what he chose.
Probably so. Some of what he chose, and he'll ultimately lose his job for wasting an entire transfer window chasing De Jong and for his obsession with obtaining players he knows and thinks he can trust, has cost us dearly. He either has horrible luck or horrible judgement. I'm guessing it's the latter. Onana, Mount and Antony have been a waste of time and money, but the culture of our club, it's players, owners and board are toxic and deadly for ANY outsider who won't play THEIR game. I partially understand him going for broke trying to get players he knows and trusts but ALL of the power (and malignancy) at this club is with the owners, players and the board. We will NEVER win as long as the Glazers remain. The Glazers will NEVER leave until they start to lose money.

Imagine being so devoid of any kind of fortitude to downplay winning an FA cup having deservedly beaten both Liverpool and City just to make a point that a manager has otherwise not been good enough..
I’m tired of us acting like domestic cups are UCL and PL titles that just cover over everything. It’s embarrassing.

It’s lovely to win a cup. In the grand scheme of any top club it’s also a footnote if we are honest. Both are true.

But my point was just because he won 2 cups doesn’t mean he’s not the worst manager we’ve ever had all things considered.

Jose actually has a fractionally better goal scoring record and his GD is significantly better. Ultimately, ETH has been a complete disaster.

Manager​
Games​
Goals Scored​
GF Avg PG​
Goals Conceded​
GA Avg PG​
GD​
ETH​
123​
206​
1.67​
161​
1.31​
+45​
Ole​
162​
293​
1.81​
173​
1.07​
+120​
Jose​
144​
244​
1.69​
121​
0.84​
+123​

I've been thinking this.

He has the two trophies, and of course trophies are very important, but I think in every other aspect he's been a complete disaster. Every stat or record tells you he's maybe been our worst manager yet in a lot of ways post Fergie

We could go through 20 managers. It doesn't matter. They've been the wrong choice.
Probably so but so was overpaying for and pissing away hundreds of millions on players who shouldn't have remained. Several are still in the club. A few played today. A different Manager doesn't fix this. Firing yet another manager only papers over the bigger problems that go WAY higher at the club.

Manager​
Games​
Goals Scored​
GF Avg PG​
Goals Conceded​
GA Avg PG​
GD​
ETH​
123​
206​
1.67​
161​
1.31​
+45​
Ole​
162​
293​
1.81​
173​
1.07​
+120​
Jose​
144​
244​
1.69​
121​
0.84​
+123​

Curious to see how LVG compares too.

100% he fecking would. Ten Hag is really that bad. These players have proven in other environments that they can perform. They aren’t bad players.
Not a chance. Maybe it's the water but something at the club turns great players to shit, all time great managers to shit. Even decent to mediocre players and managers seem to diminish after they arrive. I think shit rolls downhill. Chase out out shit owners and start from there. Glazers out!!!!!

Probably so. Some of what he chose, and he'll ultimately lose his job for wasting an entire transfer window chasing De Jong and for his obsession with obtaining players he knows and thinks he can trust, has cost us dearly. He either has horrible luck or horrible judgement. I'm guessing it's the latter. Onana, Mount and Antony have been a waste of time and money, but the culture of our club, it's players, owners and board are toxic and deadly for ANY outsider who won't play THEIR game. I partially understand him going for broke trying to get players he knows and trusts but ALL of the power (and malignancy) at this club is with the owners, players and the board. We will NEVER win as long as the Glazers remain. The Glazers will NEVER leave until they start to lose money.
The club is losing money every year. Ten Hag had cost them tens of millions in lost prize money alone.

I’m tired of us acting like domestic cups are UCL and PL titles that just cover over everything. It’s embarrassing.

It’s lovely to win a cup. In the grand scheme of any top club it’s also a footnote if we are honest. Both are true.

But my point was just because he won 2 cups doesn’t mean he’s not the worst manager we’ve ever had all things considered.
Trophies are for egos, heh

Seriously, trophies are what it's about. Ideally Premier League and Champions League when you are in your boom times, but every club in a competitive league goes through lean times and winning the other trophies should be enjoyed as a pure victory, not downplayed. Especially when we played well in the biggest of the games..

It's completely separate from where we're at in development of a squad and team that competes over 60 games. Anyone can see that we're well off, objectively speaking

Not a chance. Maybe it's the water but something at the club turns great players to shit, all time great managers to shit. Even decent to mediocre players and managers seem to diminish after they arrive. I think shit rolls downhill. Chase out out shit owners and start from there. Glazers out!!!!!
Go get them. Bring your !s too.