Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s the same shambles every game, could have won or lost that game but we looked like a poorly coached, disorganised mess. Unless Villa shoot themselves in the foot they should brush us aside comfortably.

The season is going to be completely wasted if this is allowed to go on after the first international break, I’m sure ETH will be relieved as he looks like someone who knows it’s a losing battle now.

Every time i watch United these days i come back to that South Park joke "how do you kill that which has no life"

Only the tshirts connect us to the team if the previous decade. Barely.

We may be granted a reprieve from this nightmare soon come...

Even without a battering at Villa, I don't see any angle where he survives this coming international break

Can anyone explain why he is trying to play football that inevitability leaves massive space to cover while seemingly prioritizing signing players who lack pace, running power and the physicality to make it work?

What the hell? How is it supposed to work? Maybe if he played a possession game and looked to control territory and tempo you could get away with that style of player but he is effectively buying players with an obvious weakness and then asking them to play a style that exaggerates that weakness.

It is abject lunacy, I am watching these games thinking that Ten Hag is some sort of parody manger, playing a long joke that he can't quite understand that his bosses aren't getting. Surely no rational human mind could play this football with this group of players?

Two cock-ups from Costa and a Maguire header are the only reason he'll even get to manage the Villa game.

So the stats are shocking, the football is beyond poor, his decisions make no sense, but yet we are told to keep calm and keep together because he had injures last year, brought some young players this year and which means the results mean nothing.

Those so called "people football" at the club have no clue, lets be honest. Giving Bruno a new deal when he's nearing 30 and declining and giving this clown a new contract tells you all you need to know about them. Form and performance don't matter, clearly.

Can anyone explain why he is trying to play football that inevitability leaves massive space to cover while seemingly prioritizing signing players who lack pace, running power and the physicality to make it work?

What the hell? How is it supposed to work? Maybe if he played a possession game and looked to control territory and tempo you could get away with that style of player but he is effectively buying players with an obvious weakness and then asking them to play a style that exaggerates that weakness.

It is abject lunacy, I am watching these games thinking that Ten Hag is some sort of parody manger, playing a long joke that he can't quite understand that his bosses aren't getting. Surely no rational human mind could play this football with this group of players?

I think you've nailed the primary problem there.

The match reminded me of the 3-3 with Galatasaray last season. Chaos kamikaze defending. It's criminal. It's insanity. Over and over and over. How can INEOS not see this? All the fans do

Don’t think I’ve ever seen RedCafe wanting a manager to be sacked a much as this. Even Old Trafford has gone negative which hasn’t happened that much since Fergie retired.

Why delay until after the Villa game? It doesn’t achieve anything to delay the decision. Ten Hag is not changing his system, we keep making the same mistakes, he’s blown £600m, that European record is comical given the opposition played, we have less points than Everton in our last 15 league games, battered at home against our biggest rivals and fecking Spurs. What else does this man have to do to get sacked?

Two cock-ups from Costa and a Maguire header are the only reason he'll even get to manage the Villa game.
I think he was as good as gone after spurs game. They are waiting until international break

Liverpool, Twente, Spurs, Porto. 4 games already out of 10 we've played this season that show he has to go. Not that others were great but definitely were better performances at least.

Villa game has to be his last. At least try to save the season.

It's naive. Like he thinks coaching can overcome physical limitations.

We're well behind our rivals for athletic talent

He would never have got sacked tomorrow. Even if we lost 3-0. The upcoming international break is the perfect time to do so.

Feel this is the majority opinion now, even the reactionaries after the FA Cup victory seem to clearly see where this is headed now....

A city plant? Maybe their cheating runs deeper than first thought.

I've been saying this since last season but I don't understand why he sets the team up the way he does. That third Porto goal didn't take anything special. A simple forward pass and they'd gotten pass our midfield. I can see it, you can see it, everyone else sees it...why doesn't he?

This. Pot shots and blind passes just like its training. Don't think they have any faith in him.

Which makes no sense, they're his players. Half of them player under him in Ajax and the other half were kept by him.

Even those gutless cnuts can see he's useless.

Took a while to colour code that! We've conceded 3 or more goals in 19.51% of our games under ETH, we've conceded 2 or more in 37.40%.

Every game we've conceded 3+ goals:

Sun Nov 6, 2022
A
Aston Villa (13.)
3:1
Sun Jan 22, 2023
A
Arsenal (1.)
3:2
Thu Apr 20, 2023
A
3:0
Sun Sep 3, 2023
A
Arsenal (5.)
Sat Sep 16, 2023
H
Brighton (6.)
1:3
Tue Oct 3, 2023
H
2:3
Sun Oct 29, 2023
H
Man City (2.)
0:3
Wed Nov 1, 2023
H
Wed Nov 29, 2023​
A​
3:3
Sat Dec 9, 2023
H
Bournemouth (15.)
Thu Feb 1, 2024
A
Wolves (11.)
3:4
Sun Mar 3, 2024
A
Man City (2.)
Sun Mar 17, 2024
H
4:3
Sun Apr 21, 2024​
A​
3:3​
Sun Sep 1, 2024
H
Liverpool (4.)
Sun Sep 29, 2024
H
Tottenham (10.)
Thu Oct 3, 2024​
A​
3:3
Mon May 6, 2024
A
Crystal Palace (14.)
4:0
Sat Aug 13, 2022
A
Brentford (12.)
4:0
Wed Sep 20, 2023
A
Bayern Munich
Wed Nov 8, 2023
A
FC Copenhagen
Thu Apr 4, 2024
A
Chelsea (9.)
Sun Oct 2, 2022
A
Man City (2.)
6:3
Sun Mar 5, 2023
A
Liverpool (7.)
7:0

Last edited:
No Premier League club has conceded 3 or more goals in a single game more times in all competitions than Manchester United since Erik ten Hag took charge in 2022 (24).

2 trophies is nice but its not like he won 2 champions leagues or 2 premier league titles. Those 2 trophies do not erase the overall bad football he has consistently served up.
I see your points and while I don’t disagree, I tend to be patient in general. Thats why I mentioned I would give him until Christmas.