Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Christ can you imagine how bad we'd have been if he had lost the dressing room as well?

If this is how they're playing when they still back him imagine how bad they'd be if they wanted him out?
It's all just PR leaked by players. They have long given up bar the odd performance like the cup final.

'Despite him having the support of the dressing room, there is a growing feeling among the squad that he can't stop the rot, and that change is inevitable.'

Who we gettin' sack next innit?

If we struggle to play well in the next 2 games, I think the players has given up on him. Regardless of the results, he deserve to be sack. I can't see any players willing to go to war with Ten Hag. It is so evident on the pitch that players are not even putting in effort.
Which is a damn shame for the players who have just arrived and bloody disgraceful.

That’s it, these fecking players are letting him down again. We have to stop this, can’t fire him, let him replace the entire team with players he can rely on.

That’s it, these fecking players are letting him down again. We have to stop this, can’t fire him, let him replace the entire team with players he can rely on.
Well he's already replaced 13 of the 20 in the team and given an extra 2 of them their debuts so it's more or less HIS team already...

Yeah he needs players he can trust. Perhaps a load of Dutch and ex Ajax players.

Yeah he needs players he can trust. Perhaps a load of Dutch and ex Ajax players.
Let’s sign him some Ajax players and see whether he can get the best out of them. May give us a sense of direction.

Was the sentiment this high for any other coach to be sacked unanimously? Ole? Mou?
Mou was different. Many posters actively hated him. They used to get triggered every time he opened his mouth. They would believe Woodward over Mou.

I'm just gutted about the whole thing. We look like we are in a huge mess, he clearly needs to go but there is no one to take his place.

Can't even remember our last good performance except the cup final. We are spirally so badly.

Mou was different. Many posters actively hated him. They used to get triggered every time he opened his mouth. They would believe Woodward over Mou.
The club being a mess doesn't change the fact that he was and still is a miserable sod when the going gets tough :lol:

The fact that he's probably been our best manager post-Fergie says much more about the club than it does credit to him.

LVG was painful tactically but quite likable personality wise.

Jose was more tactically astute but always cut a sour and mercurial figure.

Ole was very naive tactically but always affable until the end and still a club legend.

ETH is neither up to snuff tactically or an inspiring/pleasant personality off the pitch

I'm just gutted about the whole thing. We look like we are in a huge mess, he clearly needs to go but there is no one to take his place.

Can't even remember our last good performance except the cup final. We are spirally so badly.
When your as bad as we currently are, there are multiple coaches around the world who are all a significant improvement over this imposter.

If we wish to continue to be considered as an Elite Club, ETH must be sacked either after Thursday or in the international break, he’s simply not good enough, he’s not flexible enough and he’s never been good enough, his comments when he said his dream was to be chairmen of FC Twente tells the fans everything they need to know, he needs to go and asap, so we can stop appointing people who don’t understand the enormity of the club or the responsibility to the fans, this is why I’d sack him immediately and give RVN a chance who at least does understand the club and would be able to hopefully get the most out of all the Dutch players and Dutch league players.

When your as bad as we currently are, there are multiple coaches around the world who are all a significant improvement over this imposter.

If we wish to continue to be considered as an Elite Club, ETH must be sacked either after Thursday or in the international break, he’s simply not good enough, he’s not flexible enough and he’s never been good enough, his comments when he said his dream was to be chairmen of FC Twente tells the fans everything they need to know, he needs to go and asap, so we can stop appointing people who don’t understand the enormity of the club or the responsibility to the fans, this is why I’d sack him immediately and give RVN a chance who at least does understand the club and would be able to hopefully get the most out of all the Dutch players and Dutch league players.
What's this?

What’s up with the all doom and gloom and this fanbase being horrified at the thought of changing managers :lol: Stop panicking. Under performing managers getting sacked is normal forget the awful ones. Our squad is neither bad nor aging. Sure it needs some reinforcements but it’s still good enough to have a good season IF we get a competent and progressive manager. And there are plenty of them available who are better than this sitting duck. Cheer up, Heh. And be positive. Heh.

Don't even remember this :lol:

I do, unfortunately. Was just like the Spurs game in many ways, they played us off the park and should have scored more. The ground was empty long before full time. It was just one of the very dark moments we've had under ETH, it's actually incredible that he's still here when you think about it. I've never known a manager as lucky as him. I don't there'll ever be another at a top club who puts up with the shit for so long.

Let's not forget a lot of these are his ex players... he has nowhere to hide because he's worked with them previously, obviously requested them, and now can't even get them to play like professional footballers

He's long been prepared to die on the Rashy/Bruno hill

There's clearly still bad apples at the club, the attitude of multiple players recently has been shocking but why will they care they still get their hundreds of thousands a week

'Despite him having the support of the dressing room, there is a growing feeling among the squad that he can't stop the rot, and that change is inevitable.'

Who we gettin' sack next innit?

The coaches sack themselves by signing shit players and rewarding shit perfomances.

We only won the cup final by abandoning his system and reverting to Oleball.

Listening to the Talking Devils podcast with Wayne Barton, Dave Murphy and Paul Parker (I think it's the best United pod out there) and hearing them all in agreement that that's that, Erik has lost all support. There is no one left defending him now. Sad state of affairs, and quite mad to be going into two matches this week with him as a lame duck, but as I've said elsewhere here I think it will be better for whoever steps in (likely Ruud) to get some time to prepare over the International break and not mess up a potential positive upswing.

Was the sentiment this high for any other coach to be sacked unanimously? Ole? Mou?
I don't remember the polls ever ticking past 60% sack for Jose, LVG or OGS but I might be wrong.

Certainly feels like a larger majority are now vocally calling for EtH to go than ever actively championed sacking previous managers.

EtH is the first manager in my lifetime I have ever openly suggested we should sack - because it was obvious from Palace at home last season that he was taking us down a dead end

Just watching a clip of that show on Ziggo Sport and in the same way as Owen and Scholes, they are ripping him to shreds. All the usual points are coming up - no discernible style of play or even hint of a coherent vision after more than two years, disastrous in every phase of play and all this with a team shaped by him.

Vote didn't need to change. It was 'sack' already, because reaching this point was inevitable given our performances last season. He can't get 11 players out there that want to give their all for him, or know how to play in his system. It's odd that he's not tried picking fresh players, and instead kept persisting with those that have let him down consistently. Maybe the sack is appealing to him, he's deluded and thinks everything is on track, too stubborn to change his system, or he wants to take reputations down with his own.

Our new footballing operation has let us down though already, there's nothing decisive or competent about giving our rivals a head start in the league. Maybe Ruud coming in was preparation for a quick installation of an interim, but it's pointless not biting the bullet. It's months too late as it is.

Should be gone.

I just hope we don’t go into a death spiral where we keep him on until we’re stuck around 15th, then have to pay him off a big chunk which eats into our transfer budget and psr means we struggle to get above average players which means we become mid table or worse long term.

I think we need some of the promising youth recruitment to bear fruit.

If I was ineos, I’d be doing everything to get Nagelsman. And if you can’t get him, give McKenna the job on a short contract where he can easily be let go if we don’t see big improvements in a year.

The club being a mess doesn't change the fact that he was and still is a miserable sod when the going gets tough :lol:

The fact that he's probably been our best manager post-Fergie says much more about the club than it does credit to him.

LVG was painful tactically but quite likable personality wise. Won a trophy.

Jose was more tactically astute but always cut a sour and mercurial figure. Won a trophy.

Ole was very naive tactically but always affable until the end and still a club legend.

ETH is neither up to snuff tactically or an inspiring/pleasant personality off the pitch. Won trophies.
All of them managers won something, which is mind boggling considering how woefully bad we have been through the last decade.

Iraola is a candidate we should be talking about in my opinion. He's playing good, effective football with a borderline championship level squad.

That’s literally how I am with ETH. Everytime he opens his mouth he is delusional and gives excuses. I can’t stand him and I can honestly say I have never wanted a United manager sacked more than I have with ETH, even more than Moyes and Mou.

We haven't really seen enough to say this is not the case, yet. Even the signings are quite baffling unless we're building to become a purely counter-attacking side. Ugarte doesn't make sense for a team aiming to play progressive, attacking football. Zirkzee isn't really a striker and more of a no10 of which we are already overloaded in that position. Extending Bruno's contract also doesn't make sense considering that sacking ETH this season should have been considered a strong possibility and he will now probably be the next managers problem. Also, it's clear to anyone that Bruno isn't suiting for anything bar counter-attacking football.

I think De-Ligt, Yoro and Mazaraoi were good signings, but even the glazers made some decent ones every now and then. The problem is they were never signed with an overall plan or vision in mind, which is supposedly what INEOS are all about. Unless the vision is defensive, counter attacking football, then frankly almost half of their signings don't make sense. If that is the vision, well then I'd say we're fecked.

Also the longer ETH stays in a job, the more foolish they look.
I said at the time they cocked up the manager “search” after the FA Cup win that they were looking like Glazers 2.0. People went mental with that statement. Said I couldn’t even enjoy the cup win…

Well, here we are. 6 weeks into the new and we are in 12th. They didn’t make the right decision to sack him after last season’s miserable campaign.

Listening to the Talking Devils podcast with Wayne Barton, Dave Murphy and Paul Parker (I think it's the best United pod out there) and hearing them all in agreement that that's that, Erik has lost all support. There is no one left defending him now. Sad state of affairs, and quite mad to be going into two matches this week with him as a lame duck, but as I've said elsewhere here I think it will be better for whoever steps in (likely Ruud) to get some time to prepare over the International break and not mess up a potential positive upswing.
I think we’re just wasting time. Get him out now. Give it to Ruud for the next couple games, then go get Allegri or Tuchel or whoever.

That’s literally how I am with ETH. Everytime he opens his mouth he is delusional and gives excuses. I can’t stand him and I can honestly say I have never wanted a United manager sacked more than I have with ETH, even more than Moyes and Mou.
Yup. I'm exactly the same. I can't stand the sight of the cnut!

I said at the time they cocked up the manager “search” after the FA Cup win that they were looking like Glazers 2.0. People went mental with that statement. Said I couldn’t even enjoy the cup win…

Well, here we are. 6 weeks into the new and we are in 12th. They didn’t make the right decision to sack him after last season’s miserable campaign.
13th.