Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.

I don’t believe Ineos would have been so stupid to allow such a massive payout on the back of keeping ETH on after how piss poor we have been since we won the league cup, surely they agreed to lower the compensation in exchange for extending as they saw what we saw and that was a one off game keeping ETH in a job and Ineos openly courting other managers through the summer.

I don’t believe Ineos would have been so stupid to allow such a massive payout on the back of keeping ETH on after how piss poor we have been since we won the league cup, surely they agreed to lower the compensation in exchange for extending as they saw what we saw and that was a one off game keeping ETH in a job and Ineos openly courting other managers through the summer.

Plot twist: they were in fact, that stupid.

Not that much of a stretch tbf.

Onana, Mazraoui, De Ligt, Martinez, Eriksen and Zirkzee have made up half of recent teams.
Only 2 of those are Dutch and TBH very few would learn it because 90% of it is unprouncable to most folks, bit like Welsh and Maltese

I imagine from an oppo point of view, like the above, it must have been hilarious. I don't even know how we got so small-time so quick. Beatdowns are a regular and normalised occurrence and there doesn't even seem to be fear of impending consequences when they happen.

It's because we as a fanbase are obsessed with a 'long term' project and thinking we'll stumble upon another SAF if the manager is given enough time.

People need to understand that SAF was a one and only. There hasn't been another since and in modern football there won't be.

He didn't agree on a new contract. The club exercised a one-year extension option they had on the existing contract. Terms haven't changed as a result.

Imagine basing such an important decision off the back of if we scrape a win in a one off game or not. fecking hell.

It'd based on a bit more than that mate. He's basically got one foot out the door. If it's more of the same in the next two, then that's 10 games with no hope things will improve. After last season that should be enough for anyone to make a decision.

I don't think they're giving him two games, I think it's probably the case that they need time to secure a replacement, they'll need to do the due diligence to see whether it's going to be an interim/Ruud or full blown replacement. By now there is enough evidence to make a decision, I highly doubt they will rely on the two games upcoming, if anything they serve only as time to find the replacement.
Why not just make Ruud interim for however long it takes then? It would be very hard to do a worse job than what we've seen recently. Two back to back batterings at home would be an instant sacking at most PL clubs, replacement lined up or not. This looks really bad on INEOS.

What gets me the most about Ineos and their approach is that they're basically treating it like pre-Ineos didn't matter. The fact we've seen this many times before doesn't matter to them, because they weren't in charge. It's almost disrespectful to supporters, and incredibly arrogant. As though their presence alone makes a difference to how good the manager is, and that them not being there was a big enough factor for ETH to have already failed dismally. We basically had to suffer last season and they don't give two shits because, in their mind, they weren't in charge so it doesn't matter.

Statements like the above come across like they're trying to act like they're in conplete control, when they actually look daft because they're going to fall until the same traps as the previous lot and they don't even realise it.

I think their taking the long approach. Its selfish, but for them it makes sense. Ten Hag wasn't their signing and no one can blame them for his appointment and poor performances. At the end of last season, if they had sacked him, there would have been fans and large portions of the media reacting negatively to their decision. Despite it being really important to our current season to have him gone as soon as possible, for INEOS, buying time comes with low risk. They get the time and space to get what they want, how they want it, whilst also being on the right side of optics. I genuinely believe that this is why they actually kept him.

Noone can say that they didn't give him a chance, back him in the market or support him publicly, like people tried to do with Ole, Mourinho, Moyes and LVG. I think we're speaking with managers on the backend, but are making sure to put a public face of some support.

It's so frustrating considering you can simply look at other top clubs in football and see how ruthless many of them are willing to be when the standards drop to anything below "best of the best". There's no need to "give time" to a manager that is clearly out of his depth, he's not a fecking 18 year old academy player making his debut or something.
Pretty sure most teams in the league would be more ruthless than we have. Anyway, sacking a manager after the last two home results, even ignoring the disappointing result in EL, isn't even ruthless. It's normal. Even the fecking glazers would have sacked him by now, probably after the FA cup final.

I’m with this, at least some of them anyway.

I can’t believe it hasn’t attracted more attention, especially after Eriksen & Neville’s comments in the last week
To many think Neville is a complete nob so don't pay attention to him, but he's not wrong in what he said yesterday

The players need to take a long hard look at themselves because thay are part of the problem, as shite as ETH has been it's not all down to him, more than a few yesterday couldn't even do the basics of their profession

Imagine being this shite at your job and still possibly getting a £17m payoff when you get dismissed. Absolutely insane if there aren’t performance related clauses of sorts in there to minimise the financial damage.

We’re here hoping Southampton get a result from Bournemouth so we finish gameweek 6 in 12th place and not 13th. This is where two years of Ten Hag has taken us.

I imagine from an oppo point of view, like the above, it must have been hilarious. I don't even know how we got so small-time so quick. Beatdowns are a regular and normalised occurrence and there doesn't even seem to be fear of impending consequences when they happen.

It's actually funny how what opposition fans want United is almost always in sync with what Manchester United's own fans want the club to do

In one of my old FM saves, United kept plugging on with their failing manager (I can't recall who) even after that 2 consecutive finishes outside the top 6.

I remember remarking to my friend how unrealistic it was that the board were so patient not to sack him.

But here we are...
It's even more crazy that a large portion of the fanbase petitioned to keep him in charge after an 8th place finish and negative GD. Id argue the majority of last season was more boring to watch and far worse than anything we saw under LVG, yet the majority of fans seemed to be in agreement that he needed to go. Why was it different for ETH?

The reports are rightfully being mocked, the whole 'he's got the next 2 matches to turn it around' is farcical on its face

Genuinely can't believe he hasn't been fired first thing this morning. No other top club operates and tolerates medicority like we do.

I was watching a interview with Lampard re Abramovich's conduct at Chelsea. Lampard said he would make it clear that if they underperformed, all of them would be gone for good or demoted to the 2nd team including the manager. You need to have this feeling of authority/fear to get these prima donnas playing well.
The glazers were bad in this regard but they would have sacked him by now. We somehow have people in charge now who are even more accepting of mediocrity apparently. There really is no excuse for him still being in a job after yesterday, long before even. Have INEOS done some good things? Yes. But let's call a spade a spade. This is ridiculous and a big stain on my opinion of them. I suspect the same is true for many fans. The only way they end up looking good over this is if ETH somehow manages to completely turn it around, which is very unlikely.

Only 2 of those are Dutch and TBH very few would learn it because 90% of it is unprouncable to most folks, bit like Welsh and Maltese

Eriksen and Mazraoui both speak Dutch and Onana understands it. I’m not sure if Martinez speaks it but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Maybe this is all a ploy to soften our stance on accepting Potter as our new manager.

Not bad if it is, as I'm not too far away now.

I think it was standards where we weren't a long way away from Sir Alex and so people expected a lot. Standards are in the gutter now and somehow this guy is still under performing. Coming into the season not 1 United fan expected a title challenge, all we wanted was a fight for top 4 and some semblance of improvement but this guy has somehow made us worse

A lot of people even doubted that to be honest.

The reports are rightfully being mocked, the whole 'he's got the next 2 matches to turn it around' is farcical on its face

It's a fecking joke. INEOS are coming out of this looking very bad. it has to be said. The worst part is at this point it feels like a loss and a win in the next 2 games would probably keep him in his job until the next bad result, where he would have another 2-3 games to 'save his job'

It's so frustrating considering you can simply look at other top clubs in football and see how ruthless many of them are willing to be when the standards drop to anything below "best of the best". There's no need to "give time" to a manager that is clearly out of his depth, he's not a fecking 18 year old academy player making his debut or something.
This isn’t really even restricted to top clubs really, although most top clubs do indeed replace managers frequently.

Hell, Spurs sacked Nuno only couple months into his tenure after seeing he was clearly out of depth.

Last edited:
Not that much of a stretch tbf.

Onana, Mazraoui, De Ligt, Martinez, Eriksen and Zirkzee have made up half of recent teams.

Yeah throw Malacia and possibly Antony into the mix and yeah it isn't far off.

Just about sums up that sort of nonsense logic to be fair. The club have either decided he's going or he isn't.

2-3 results should make no differnece.

If they're dumb enough to have kept him then all bets are off

I think their taking the long approach. Its selfish, but for them it makes sense. Ten Hag wasn't their signing and no one can blame them for his appointment and poor performances. At the end of last season, if they had sacked him, there would have been fans and large portions of the media reacting negatively to their decision. Despite it being really important to our current season to have him gone as soon as possible, for INEOS, buying time comes with low risk. They get the time and space to get what they want, how they want it, whilst also being on the right side of optics. I genuinely believe that this is why they actually kept him.

Noone can say that they didn't give him a chance, back him in the market or support him publicly, like people tried to do with Ole, Mourinho, Moyes and LVG. I think we're speaking with managers on the backend, but are making sure to put a public face of some support.
So they make their decisions based on optics?

Exactly. It's farcical. Surely there's enough evidence to show that he hasn't got a clue. A win against any of those two doesn't change that. It's utterly bizarre that anyone thinks this is a good way to run a club.

It doesn't help that there is never anything new. Never any thought that what we are doing isn't working.

Midfield has been getting overrun for 2 years. His excuse was he didnt have HIS midfielders. Ridiculous give them instruction. COACH.
Kamikaze fullbacks, wingers that won't provide, a ball playing GK with noone showing for it except for an 18 year old who we are over reliant on and he is struggling too now.

I’ve voted sack for the first time - not because I particularly like seeing our managers do so shite that they get the boot, but because I don’t really have confidence in EtH’s ability to turn things around any more. We looked a bit more assured defensively at times this season, but we’re still getting drubbings by large margins, and we can’t score for love nor money, something ten Hag has never got us doing well.

We just signed better defenders.

If RM would lose 3-0 at home to Barca and then 3-0 to Athletico, playing shit in the CL, no manager would have survived.
Our standards are shocking

I’ve voted sack for the first time - not because I particularly like seeing our managers do so shite that they get the boot, but because I don’t really have confidence in EtH’s ability to turn things around any more. We looked a bit more assured defensively at times this season, but we’re still getting drubbings by large margins, and we can’t score for love nor money, something ten Hag has never got us doing well.
I'm not convinced we have at all.

If this is true, then there is absolutely no hope of an real improvement with INEOS, their appointments seemed exciting, but if they’re shortsighted like this, then we are in for Glazers 2.0.. Surely they’re better than this..
The Glazers would have actually sacked him by now.

I hope this is BS.
Definitely. Is there anything as bad as a calm and professional atmosphere? I mean come on, we are Manchester United, I want to hear about people screaming and crying, the odd physio burning themself as protest. We need that because being hysterical and impulsive is the only way forward. It is that serious!

It'd based on a bit more than that mate. He's basically got one foot out the door. If it's more of the same in the next two, then that's 10 games with no hope things will improve. After last season that should be enough for anyone to make a decision.
Last season itself is more than enough for anyone to make a decision. And then the shit start to this year is even MORE evidence. Needing 2 more games of shit after 18 months of shit is stupid logic.

What's the end game though? I'd have to question what orwho they're waiting for when we had a lot of options in the summer. Do you think they can honestly let this go on and the fans not to turn on them? All eyes are on them now, not Ten Hag. I think everyone has accepted what he is, they're just waiting for the club to end the misery.