Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
What if we do get relegated under ETH? Who could we possibly bring in next summer to challenge for the PL trophy by “2028”?

If RM would lose 3-0 at home to Barca and then 3-0 to Athletico, playing shit in the CL, no manager would have survived.
Our standards are shocking

Spooling back through time, no coach has ever survived for much longer after losing a home Clasico by three or more goals.

It happened to Luis Molowny on two occasions, after losing 5-0 in the 1973/74 season and after a 4-0 defeat in the League Cup of 1985/86.

Amancio suffered the same fate after losing 3-0 at home to the Catalans in 1984/85, as did Vanderlei Luxemburgo after a 3-0 loss in 2005/06.

There were also consequences for Juande Ramos after the 6-2 defeat against Pep Guardiola's Barcelona in 2008/09, while Zinedine Zidane earned his current job after Florentino Perez decided to sack Rafa Benitez shortly after the 4-0 loss two seasons ago.

Presidents have also suffered from these big losses to Real Madrid's biggest rivals, with Luis de Carlos going with Amancio, with Vicente Boluda leaving at the end of the 2008/09 season and with Perez's first term coming to an end shortly after Luxemburgo's exit. Some Real Madrid coaches have also felt the heat after a Clasico loss, even when it wasn't a hammering.

Miljan Miljanic, Alfredo Di Stefano, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti and Zidane have all been kept on until the following home Clasico defeats, but Miljanic, Mourinho and Zidane had all won the league title, while Ancelotti won a Champions League to keep his job and Di Stefano also stayed on for coming a runner-up five times. [
source]

We lost 7-0 to Liverpool under Ten Hag's watch and we all just moved on like nothing happened. For comparison, UD Almeria - a relatively minute club (all due respect) - once lost 8-0 to Pep's Barcelona and fired their coach immediately after the game.

Real Madrid aren't as successful as they are for no reason nor luck. They demand it every time, all the time.

The reports are rightfully being mocked, the whole 'he's got the next 2 matches to turn it around' is farcical on its face

I think its a bit too much for all these players to react to rumors in the media. When it comes to us, a good % of the news is just ridiculous speculation.
Porto and Villa being do or die for Ten Hag is just another variation of the rumor that Ten Hag has till International break to turn things around, which was put out after the Pool game.

It's absolutely fecking ludicrous.
Has anyone checked the source for the 2 games to save his skin idea, because as far as I can see Sky have just made it up? A lot of people have said the time that would make sense is international break/post Villa so they’re just dressing up that as a story.

None of them know, most of the journos confirmed ETH had been sacked pre FA cup when that random Chelsea journo leaked a non story that went viral because our fanbase latched onto it. He might well be booted out pre Porto, none of them have a clue.

Feck me!

amateur-hour-will-ferrell.gif

All this talk of "big week, 2 games to save his job" etc. I'm fairly certain they said the exact same thing after the Liverpool game, and during that job saving period he drew with Palace, FC Twente and lost 3-0 at home to a properly shit Spurs side.

INEOS aren't Glazers and they aren't stupid. It's entirely possible they fecked up and weren't prepared for Ten Hag shitting the bed in September but they know full well that he's a hopeless cause. The time frame for sacking is entirely dependent on how conversations with our next manager go and they are surely taking place this week.

Changed my vote to Sack

Will always be grateful for the FA Cup win but our results and performances are just too inconsistent.

Terrified that we’ve backed him with his players and staff - it’s going to be a nightmare changing it all around. I’ll assume the plan will be to give it to Ruud and hope for the best

When you see things like this it is surreal that he hasn’t been sacked. Even managers of the likes of Leicester and Brentford would be under pressure for this form. Doing it with Manchester United is another level.
And Dyche is under pressure

Goldbridge is a bigger clown than ETH. At least you can see that Ten Hag is a decent man. Goldbridge is a filthy WUM who only cares about views. No talent piece of shit.
He’s built a 1.9m subscriber base. He’s doing something right

Is this a shock? We got a proper hiding from them at OT last season, and they were the better team in the return fixture.

And now they are above us in the league having beaten the mighty Saints 3-1.
It staggers belief just how poor we are.
Come next Sunday evening we could be down in 14th. This really isn’t good enough is it? And that is a rhetorical question.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been one of those Downfall Hitler parody videos made about just how poor we are.

Last edited:
If we struggle to play well in the next 2 games, I think the players has given up on him. Regardless of the results, he deserve to be sack. I can't see any players willing to go to war with Ten Hag. It is so evident on the pitch that players are not even putting in effort.

The whole idea of keeping or sacking someone on the basis of one or two games is stupid. What will change after one or two games. Maybe we fluke a win against Villa, so what? He should be let go soon and we should save our season. Ridiculous this guy survives game after game

Aaaand we're 13th now everyone has played 6 games.

13th. Bournemouth are now above us.
a whole season with 8th place and a negative GD. 6 games into a new season at 13th with a -3 GD. But no, we need another 2 games to decide whether he's going to get sacked, where if we scrape a win in one, he probably stays. At this point I'd think two draws would keep him in a job.

I hate to say it but at this point it just looks like INEOS are complete fecking idiots.

Chris Wheeler now saying the players are expecting Ten Hag to be sacked. Although he still has the support of the dressing room, there is a growing feeling among the players that he cannot stop the rot and that change is inevitable.

Much lower ranked than RM act more decisively than us
Pretty sure no club currently in the PL top 10, maybe even top 15 would tolerate two back to back humiliations at home. Especially when you consider all the previous humilations

Christ can you imagine how bad we'd have been if he had lost the dressing room as well?

If this is how they're playing when they still back him imagine how bad they'd be if they wanted him out?

All this talk of "big week, 2 games to save his job" etc. I'm fairly certain they said the exact same thing after the Liverpool game, and during that job saving period he drew with Palace, FC Twente and lost 3-0 at home to a properly shit Spurs side.

INEOS aren't Glazers and they aren't stupid. It's entirely possible they fecked up and weren't prepared for Ten Hag shitting the bed in September but they know full well that he's a hopeless cause. The time frame for sacking is entirely dependent on how conversations with our next manager go and they are surely taking place this week.
We haven't really seen enough to say this is not the case, yet. Even the signings are quite baffling unless we're building to become a purely counter-attacking side. Ugarte doesn't make sense for a team aiming to play progressive, attacking football. Zirkzee isn't really a striker and more of a no10 of which we are already overloaded in that position. Extending Bruno's contract also doesn't make sense considering that sacking ETH this season should have been considered a strong possibility and he will now probably be the next managers problem. Also, it's clear to anyone that Bruno isn't suiting for anything bar counter-attacking football.

I think De-Ligt, Yoro and Mazaraoi were good signings, but even the glazers made some decent ones every now and then. The problem is they were never signed with an overall plan or vision in mind, which is supposedly what INEOS are all about. Unless the vision is defensive, counter attacking football, then frankly almost half of their signings don't make sense. If that is the vision, well then I'd say we're fecked.

Also the longer ETH stays in a job, the more foolish they look.