Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I thought the club would have taken action this morning. Alas he gets the Porto and Villa games. I felt that this morning would have been an apt time to make the hard call but maybe they are going to revisit it next Monday at the international break.

Was never going to happen, no chance. He has to get pumped by both Porto and Villa to get the sack before xmas the fecking lucky bastard.

I imagine from an oppo point of view, like the above, it must have been hilarious. I don't even know how we got so small-time so quick. Beatdowns are a regular and normalised occurrence and there doesn't even seem to be fear of impending consequences when they happen.

I made that exact point multiple times at the end of last season and there was still a sizeable amount of people on here who were willing to brush it under the carpet because we beat City in a one-off game. I've never seen anything like it before.

I made that exact point multiple times at the end of last season and there was still a sizeable amount of people on here who were willing to brush it under the carpet because we beat City in a one-off game. I've never seen anything like it before.

It was incredible. One thing if it was a super charismatic manager, but Erik ten Hag? Wow!

Feck Timo Werner. If he could finish that game would have been 6-7-0 and the Ineos statement today would be even more ludicrous today than it comes across.

Scandalous Ten Hag is still in a job today.

Are Ineos even looking at the performances? Not just this season but lost but if they bought the injury excuse last year for the pathetically amateurish structure of his teams that is terrifying for the future.

Couldn't agree more, like I said yesterday his profligate finishing has definitely saved Erik today

Agree , I think he's gone but think on what's come out from the hierarchy, there backing him they did a season review looked at other manger etc , this is why they won't pull the trigger yet imo. Next 2 games Porto, Villa are important if he's lost the players then he's gone, the last 2 games were prime last season.

Personally think he lost them after Twente, yet he somehow gets another week at Carrington. Think it's ridiculous he will be on that plane to Portugal on Wednesday.

According to the Mail today it's going to now cost £17.5m to pay off this clown because chose to trigger the extra year.
How do I start a Crowdfunder?

Agree , I think he's gone but think on what's come out from the hierarchy, there backing him they did a season review looked at other manger etc , this is why they won't pull the trigger yet imo. Next 2 games Porto, Villa are important if he's lost the players then he's gone, the last 2 games were prime last season.
Before yesterday, it was the Spurs game is really important, now, it's the next two game are important, we might go and fluke a win in one of the two, then it will be the next week is important, it just never ends.

Was never going to happen, no chance. He has to get pumped by both Porto and Villa to get the sack before xmas the fecking lucky bastard.
The only thing is, is that though we got well beat yesterday and fans were clamouring for the sack, there is usually some noise around the club beforehand that he was going to get sacked. We’d probably have known about it last night if it was going to happen this morning.

He could strap Zinedine Zidane's brain in Bruno's head and it won't matter. There's no rescuing this football now. Especially a minor change of position.
A minor change would atleast stop us from getting defeated 3-0 at home. I would say that is a progress

Man says he's not Harry Potter but he has clearly cast some kind of spell to stay in a job.

Disappointing and frustrating that he has not been fired. I've lost a lot of faith in INEOS.

I imagine from an oppo point of view, like the above, it must have been hilarious. I don't even know how we got so small-time so quick. Beatdowns are a regular and normalised occurrence and there doesn't even seem to be fear of impending consequences when they happen.

Yeah but the injuries and that magical once in a lifetime fa cup final against city

As far as I know players almost never down tools, at least not consciously, professional athletes aren't wired like that, they are extremely competitive. And for the most part players aren't friends, so outside of the player's possible friends the others don't care enough to antagonize the manager but they will have an opinion that they sometimes share with friends and family but the players themselves go about their business the same way you and I do if we don't like our boss.

Yeah I hate the "down tools" shite, anyone who's ever competed and played at a high level (not even PL level) couldn't even fathom not trying in the actual thing they spend their lives focusing on. The amount of times that's actually happened is probably a miniscule fraction of the amount of times fans accuse them of doing so.

Most people who interact with his content are probably rival fans

Yeah. Rival fans love his channel because of the totally genuine and not at all put on meltdowns he has when United lose.

So how does Goldbridge do a poll where 54% want him to stay, yet on a Man United forum 83% want him to leave??
He has millions of sheep followers, many who repeat his nonsense on here. Wasn't he one of those adamant he should stay in the summer.

Crafton just doesn't understand INEOS have a 500 IQ vision and plan, born out of the best in class people, and are just waiting for the absolute perfect candidate to become available (who isn't amongst all the managers that moved during the summer apparently). Yeah, the club is thoroughly shit in every competitive way imaginable, but it will all be fine as soon as the White Rabbit appears. Then the treble is on in 2028. For the meantime, there's no one better than Ten Hag.

It's possible the perfect candidate is still coaching at Youth level, still playing or possibly haven't even been born yet.

But they'll be patient though, it's a process.

Unfortuantely, this situation has made me lose a lot of confidence in INEOS. Why are they dithering on a clearly inevitable decision? The whole world can see it.

Would being battered at home 3-0 two games in a row be accepted at any other top 10 club, let alone a club going for top four? We're a fecking joke.

I think his tactics are probably too complicated and his English is not good enough to convey what he wants easily. Players probably don't know what the heck to do in any given situation and so look lost. He then looks frustrated because they didn't follow the plan. He should go back to the Netherlands to coach.

Half the team can speak Dutch though.

Slight exaggeration I know

After all we have been through under ETH, people who change their vote if win win a game deserve the mediocrity we are watching every game for more then 18 months now.
It’s been the worst period watching games in my lifetime. At least, with Van Gaal it was less torturous as I was regularly falling in sleep.

Under Louis it was like watching grass grow. But at least we weren't getting battered every other week, and the team did actually look well drilled defensively and in his soul crushing possession football. Which is more than you can say for the last 18 months.

How is this guy still in charge, this is even beyond the worse nightmare honestly. I truly believe that if given more time he is capable of taking us to depths we haven't seen.

Every parameter in this calendar year is bottom half level, if he stays till Xmas I can see us being 14-16th in the league and out of the europa league. Only Southampton have scored less goals than us this season. We are a complete & utter embarrassment

Under Louis it was like watching grass grow. But at least we weren't getting battered every other week, and the team did actually look well drilled defensively and in his soul crushing possession football. Which is more than you can say for the last 18 months.
I think it was standards where we weren't a long way away from Sir Alex and so people expected a lot. Standards are in the gutter now and somehow this guy is still under performing. Coming into the season not 1 United fan expected a title challenge, all we wanted was a fight for top 4 and some semblance of improvement but this guy has somehow made us worse

It’s very very worrying that the new board seem to have kept in on based on an FA Cup final. The only thing I can think of is that there were no alternatives and they thought the FA Cup win may be a changing point, because it was for Fergie remember!
To me, it's more concerning that they haven't sacked him after the last two home results. Two consecutive batterings in a row at home wouldn't be accepted at most clubs in the Premier League, let alone one aiming to compete for top 4 this season.

I'm also not so sure about the signings. Are they good players ? Maybe. But are they what we needed? Aside from De Ligt and Mazaraoi, whether we needed a player of the other two profiles is questionable and open to debate. Ugarte seems fairly poor on the ball and not even that good defensively, which is meant his biggest strength. Wouldn't a player that can receive & distribute the ball better under pressure be a more suitable profile for what we're aiming for? Zirkzee seems to be more suitable in a no10 role rather than playing as a Striker and we already had Bruno & Mount who can play there. Wouldn't an out an out striker make more sense?

Is their long-term vision to play counter-attacking football? Because based on them giving Bruno that new contract and signings like Ugarte, it really looks that way & that is disappointing. If not, then how do either of these two decisions make any sense? The bruno one in particular is baffling because it should've been clear that the possibility of replacing ETH was a big one and then that leaves the new manager with a player he might not want.

That being said, I feel like they've appointed the right people in key positions and am excited for the plans for stadium re-development, but I think there's also been a lot of worrying signs.

Last edited:
I’ve voted sack for the first time - not because I particularly like seeing our managers do so shite that they get the boot, but because I don’t really have confidence in EtH’s ability to turn things around any more. We looked a bit more assured defensively at times this season, but we’re still getting drubbings by large margins, and we can’t score for love nor money, something ten Hag has never got us doing well.

Keeping him if we beat Villa would be even more nonsensical than when we kept him because we beat City.

If the players don't care then they need to be gone as well, ETH isn't the sole problem.

It doesn' matter what the tactics are if the players don't do the basic stuff professional footballers should be doing, like making simple passes to their team mates, putting some effort in instead of being like statues or a jogging around with the speed of a tortoise

Every player who played yesterday, bar one, should be ashamed of themselves
I’m with this, at least some of them anyway.

I can’t believe it hasn’t attracted more attention, especially after Eriksen & Neville’s comments in the last week

What gets me the most about Ineos and their approach is that they're basically treating it like pre-Ineos didn't matter. The fact we've seen this many times before doesn't matter to them, because they weren't in charge. It's almost disrespectful to supporters, and incredibly arrogant. As though their presence alone makes a difference to how good the manager is, and that them not being there was a big enough factor for ETH to have already failed dismally. We basically had to suffer last season and they don't give two shits because, in their mind, they weren't in charge so it doesn't matter.

Statements like the above come across like they're trying to act like they're in conplete control, when they actually look daft because they're going to fall until the same traps as the previous lot and they don't even realise it.