Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why do we need to wait though? What could possibly happen in those 2 games that’s going to get everyone onboard again? We know how it goes from here. Keeping him in place for the next two games just means we’ll drop another 6 points. We can’t keep him in a job because we’re worried about what people will say outside of OT? People wouldn’t be talking about his job if he was doing good.
Agree , I think he's gone but think on what's come out from the hierarchy, there backing him they did a season review looked at other manger etc , this is why they won't pull the trigger yet imo. Next 2 games Porto, Villa are important if he's lost the players then he's gone, the last 2 games were prime last season.

Hmm I have a bit more faith than you. I think he is gone by next week. I dont see him beating Porto or Villa.

The players just dont care, they want him gone too. You cant keep questioning your players when the manager is the issue.

Every 3 games we have our worst ever performance. Its embarrassing really.
Yes, I agree with this. I think the only reason he’s not gone today is because the board don’t believe anybody else can perform a miracle in a couple of days before Porto. A new or interim manager is just as likely to lose the next two games with limited prep time, so why knock their confidence. I’m hopeful a change will still be made after Villa.

Yes, I agree with this. I think the only reason he’s not gone today is because the board don’t believe anybody else can perform a miracle in a couple of days before Porto. A new or interim manager is just as likely to lose the next two games with limited prep time, so why knock their confidence. I’m hopeful a change will still be made after Villa.

This makes 0 fecking sense logically

Hmm I have a bit more faith than you. I think he is gone by next week. I dont see him beating Porto or Villa.

The players just dont care, they want him gone too. You cant keep questioning your players when the manager is the issue.

Hopefully. I think he has them by the balls, the guy is so arrogant, can talk the talk and absolves himself of absolutely any blame for this and this is the message he will have been trying to convey to them over the last months. It’s all the players letting him down and he needs time and better players to fix this.

Just remember lads:

We finished 8th in the league with a negative GD and finished bottom of our CL group last season with Copehagen and Galatasaray... and a large section of people on here petitioned to keep the manager. No matter what happens, can't take that away :lol:

Yeah don’t get how you could have wanted him to stay last year but want him out now. We could still win League Cup, FA Cup or Europa League, why not wait until we are out of all before judging him? They’ve already decided league is not important and finishing 8th is not big deal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ham-loss-but-should-ineos-have-seen-it-coming

Some incredible stats:

1. Only Sheffield and Luton have conceded 3 or more goals more than us since start of last season
  2. We have faced the most shots on goal in the league since start of last season
  3. 2nd higest money spent since EtH took charge

It is a pitiful disgrace.

Utd have had at most 5 or 6 convincing performances in the last 60-70 matches Ten Hag has been in charge. More than a few of those matches have been some of the most embarrassing performances this club have ever put on. You can cry about injuries but the most basic job for any manger is to make the best use of the resources you have. He hasn't.

Lost defenders so played a wide open midfield set up giving a patchwork defense massive work to do.
A midfield with no legs or running power so plays a style that gives them huge space to cover by refusing to prioritize possession.
Lack creativity up front so plays a front 3 in Hojlund/Rashford and Garnacho who are totally one dimensional, with predictable results.

Somehow ended up with a FA Cup win after being a pube hair away from the most humiliating result in the history of the club.

Crafton just doesn't understand INEOS have a 500 IQ vision and plan, born out of the best in class people, and are just waiting for the absolute perfect candidate to become available (who isn't amongst all the managers that moved during the summer apparently). Yeah, the club is thoroughly shit in every competitive way imaginable, but it will all be fine as soon as the White Rabbit appears. Then the treble is on in 2028. For the meantime, there's no one better than Ten Hag.

I thought the club would have taken action this morning. Alas he gets the Porto and Villa games. I felt that this morning would have been an apt time to make the hard call but maybe they are going to revisit it next Monday at the international break.

TBH as bad as that goal was, it was a heck of a run at some pace.... these things happen, it was the way we played before and after that goal that was a much bigger problem

That was an insane run to be honest and De Ligt only option was to foul him. These things happen in football and sometimes it is unavoidable.
It was the way they were both out of position and neither could put in a challenge. But it was also symbolic. The two big reputation players we brought in to stop us being soft in the middle and that happens. Might as well have been Evans and Casemiro.

I know stuff happens. It just seemed like the players didn't have a plan or any self belief.

Fans writing letters to INEOS through summer

I imagine from an oppo point of view, like the above, it must have been hilarious. I don't even know how we got so small-time so quick. Beatdowns are a regular and normalised occurrence and there doesn't even seem to be fear of impending consequences when they happen.

Some of the tactical play and positioning by us has been absolutely mind boggling, every fan at home can see the glaring problems. Either EtH can’t see the problem which would be ludicrous, too stubborn to change it or the players just aren’t listening.

I'd like to hear from former players from any club on their viewpoint when a manager freezes a player out. How much does that affect them, assuming they side with the player.
Example: with knowing what is public in the Ronaldo and Sancho incidents, what are players thinking. If they side with the player, do they down tools and hope the manager is moved on, or do they keep their heads down and continue business as usual?

I'm not looking for excuses here but our two of our last three managers had public issues with players. It's basically part of Jose's CV wherever he goes. Did ETH have issues with players at Ajax? I don't recall Ole having a go at anyone, publicly at least.

Seem a stat this afternoon that since ETH came in we have faced the same number of shots as we have taken. That’s fecking criminal for a club like United.

How anyone could support this useless clown is beyond me. There is not one stat out there that points to improvement. Lucky cup wins surrounded by disastrous European and league performances are not improvements.

In one of my old FM saves, United kept plugging on with their failing manager (I can't recall who) even after that 2 consecutive finishes outside the top 6.

I remember remarking to my friend how unrealistic it was that the board were so patient not to sack him.

But here we are...

I'd like to hear from former players from any club on their viewpoint when a manager freezes a player out. How much does that affect them, assuming they side with the player.
Example: with knowing what is public in the Ronaldo and Sancho incidents, what are players thinking. If they side with the player, do they down tools and hope the manager is moved on, or do they keep their heads down and continue business as usual?

I'm not looking for excuses here but our two of our last three managers had public issues with players. It's basically part of Jose's CV wherever he goes. Did ETH have issues with players at Ajax? I don't recall Ole having a go at anyone, publicly at least.

As far as I know players almost never down tools, at least not consciously, professional athletes aren't wired like that, they are extremely competitive. And for the most part players aren't friends, so outside of the player's possible friends the others don't care enough to antagonize the manager but they will have an opinion that they sometimes share with friends and family but the players themselves go about their business the same way you and I do if we don't like our boss.

I imagine from an oppo point of view, like the above, it must have been hilarious. I don't even know how we got so small-time so quick. Beatdowns are a regular and normalised occurrence and there doesn't even seem to be fear of impending consequences when they happen.

Because they're always so willing to blame the players instead. I don't think our fans understand that this manager is sending out our players to get slaughtered every week.

We've had two extraordinarily bad managers over the last decade who are guilty of this, Moyes and Ten Hag.

LVG was terrible for us in the transfer market and struggled to get any attacking flow to our team...bad, but not reckless or clueless. It was his recklessness in the market that cost him his job.

Mourinho had a toxic personality, but in terms of the football, you can never say he sent our players out with no plan. His teams lacked the depth to compete and his personality was a poor fit for the club.

Ole was the worst supported manager. He had the worst team. We played Perreira, Dan James, Lingard and Brandon Williams constantly at the start of his tenure, without him using injuries as an excuse. He was a bit of a novice, but it was clear he did his best, protected his players and put his hand up for mistakes. He took us to 2nd and 3rd placed finishes with multiple finals, but lacked the tactical knowledge to get to the next level.

It feels like Ten Hag sacrifices our players and seasons for his ego. He doesn't change things, doesn't make adjustments, and is willing to watch everything burn. Last season was so much worse than people remember. He sat on his hands for the whole season watching us get decimated, using the excuse of injuries as his trump card. It was a test of our club and fanbase, and we failed to react. For me, what's worse has been the arrogance. The lack of care for how his performances have affected the club. The lack of apology, and the bragging about false successes. I can understand that behavior from LVG and Mourinho due to their legacies, but not this clown.

As far as I know players almost never down tools, at least not consciously, professional athletes aren't wired like that, they are extremely competitive. And for the most part players aren't friends, so outside of the player's possible friends the others don't care enough to antagonize the manager but they will have an opinion that they sometimes share with friends and family but the players themselves go about their business the same way you and I do if we don't like our boss.

That whole arguement is broken. The players for the most part disliked Mourinho, but they still fought to keep us competitive in games. The two players who he himself, disliked the most were the ones who kept in his job for about 2 months longer than he should've been.

Ole on the other was massively popular, but by the time he was sacked all the fight, morale and energy was completely sucked out of them. Letting Ole continue as long as he did was one of the most negligent things a professional sports club has ever done - as a club we've never recovered from the PTSD of that run of games.

Rangnick wasn't the character required to mentally build them back up (the 4 goal loss to Man City broke them again) and ETH is even worse. The next manager after Rangnick had to restore some pride and belief back into the players and club itself. We hired someone who's got thrashed 4-0 in his second game, conceded 6 in his 6th and then under whom we saw the worst defeat in the clubs history.

Everything we've done from Solskjaer onwards has been wrong

If ETH doesn’t realise that only way to play Bruno is as false 9, then there is more pain in store for us in next few months.

With all due respect to Mitten, he's part of the problem in this case. One of the loudest voices after the FA Cup win in favor of keeping the manager.

Yep people wanted him to stay despite this being the likely outcome, Mitten’s idea about INEOS giving ETH 4 years is as comical as it is ridiculous.

We saw last season ETH wasn’t up to the job but based on a one off game and the subsequent emotion people wanted him to stay. I have no idea how INEOS arrived at conclusion to keep him but it was destined to fail.

I think his tactics are probably too complicated and his English is not good enough to convey what he wants easily. Players probably don't know what the heck to do in any given situation and so look lost. He then looks frustrated because they didn't follow the plan. He should go back to the Netherlands to coach.

Not sacking him today is the biggest mistake we've made since not sacking him in the summer.

And not sacking him in the summer was the biggest mistake we made since not sacking him when we got embarrassed and knocked out of the champions league last season.

We really just gonna keep repeating this? It seems like it.

Was obvious he wasn't getting us anywhere a year ago yet he is still here because he is only required to have the results of a mod table team to keep his job.

Club and a lot of our fans need to wake up and get some standards. Backing the manager blindly doesn't make someone a "good" fan it just makes them a naïve one.

All he has to do now is fluke a win in one of the next two and he is safe for weeks/months to come.

Last edited:
I have been ETH out for a long time, he should never have been able to give any input into who we sign over the summer. I am now terrified that we are in a position that we will be unable to recover from for several years as result of this catastrophic Dutch experiment. 2028 is a pipe dream at this stage.

Just remember lads:

We finished 8th in the league with a negative GD and finished bottom of our CL group last season with Copehagen and Galatasaray... and a large section of people on here petitioned to keep the manager. No matter what happens, can't take that away :lol:
I'd like to laugh but they helped put us in this mess. It's truly unbelievable that he didn't go in the summer.

I think his tactics are probably too complicated and his English is not good enough to convey what he wants easily. Players probably don't know what the heck to do in any given situation and so look lost. He then looks frustrated because they didn't follow the plan. He should go back to the Netherlands to coach.
His players are mostly Dutch!

We had Poch speaking only Spanish and he had a translator when he was at Soton and they did well under him.

Just remember lads:

Yup. And people claim standards haven't dropped. We are a weird fanbase when it comes to managers. No wonder we are being left in the dust.

If its true that it's will cost £17.5m to sack him then we're likely stuck with him.
It is odd that we can`t seem to attract managers without adding this kind of parachute and, what seems like a lot to say regarding transfers. Maybe it is standard practice but it still seems odd

If the players don't care then they need to be gone as well, ETH isn't the sole problem.

It doesn' matter what the tactics are if the players don't do the basic stuff professional footballers should be doing, like making simple passes to their team mates, putting some effort in instead of being like statues or a jogging around with the speed of a tortoise

Every player who played yesterday, bar one, should be ashamed of themselves

84.2% want him gone that’s got to be some kind of record

At least until Porto and Villa of course.
After all we have been through under ETH, people who change their vote if win win a game deserve the mediocrity we are watching every game for more then 18 months now.
It’s been the worst period watching games in my lifetime. At least, with Van Gaal it was less torturous as I was regularly falling in sleep.