Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't think they're giving him two games, I think it's probably the case that they need time to secure a replacement, they'll need to do the due diligence to see whether it's going to be an interim/Ruud or full blown replacement. By now there is enough evidence to make a decision, I highly doubt they will rely on the two games upcoming, if anything they serve only as time to find the replacement.

Might actually have been intrigued to see Ruud for these two games, however happy to avoid both because will be same old Erik

If you've reached the point where you're giving him two games (Porto and Villa) to save his job you should probably sack him. Why would two results make a difference? You get rid of someone based on a long period of results, so two more won't change anything.

My head will be on Mars of we win 1 or both of those games and everyone does the exact same turn around they did for the FA final and says "ah well he needs more time now"

Worth a listen If you've got the time:

These guys at the Athletic make a good point with Ten Hag being behind most of our signings this summer. And the squad now having so many players with links Holland/Ajax the club is going to have a big job on their hands deciding what direction to take this squad post Ten Hag.

These guys at the Athletic make a good point with Ten Hag being behind most of our signings this summer. And the squad now having so many players with links Holland/Ajax the club is going to have a big job on their hands deciding what direction to take this squad post Ten Hag.

Yeah can we find a manager who can utilise these players until the summer, don't see us making any signings in January.

Players are fine. It won't be difficult once we get a manager who knows what the feck they are doing.

Agreed. I do understand why they kept him after that final win. Especially with the lack of stand out replacements. But it would have been a very ideal time to part ways with a handshake. United needed it to move forward, and Ten Hag would have left with his stock still high. Now when it does inevitably happen this Autumn or Winter, it's likely going to be messy and leave a bad taste in peoples mouths. It's a shame because I like him and think he's genuinely done his best.
Yeah, agreed on all the above. Should’ve been let go, ideally after lifting that FA cup - with his stock still high and us then starting a new chapter with a clean slate and positivity buzzing around the club with a new manager in charge. Oh well….now we’re here and it’s going to be a painful end for everyone involved, especially the fans. I’ve also liked EtH for the most part but the longer this goes on, the more I find myself nitpicking and focusing on all things negative, which will carry on until he gets the sack.

To think, people were excited about Son being out. His replacement came in and took the piss instead. If Son had’ve been on the end of the chances Werner had, we’d have lost by 7 or 8.

Seeing that Spurs DM run past Ugarte and De Ligt like that pretty much killed all my hopes.
That was an insane run to be honest and De Ligt only option was to foul him. These things happen in football and sometimes it is unavoidable.

What isnt unavoidable is to let a player free and dont even run back to cover far post. Dalot is most at fault for that goal.

Funny thing is that we have criticised AWB of switching off and doing that kind of thing. But Dalot does it almost every match and just gets a pass.

I think we go out and find the best possible candidate. If he won’t join until the summer we patch it until then, Ruud, Ole, Keane, Rooney, I don’t care, just fill the void until the summer without writing the season off. Then no more signing the ‘managers players’, everyone has to prove themselves or they’re out. If the backroom staff feel the player isn’t performing to an acceptable standard and it isn’t the fault of the manager, the player goes.

Genuinely can't believe he hasn't been fired first thing this morning. No other top club operates and tolerates medicority like we do.

I was watching a interview with Lampard re Abramovich's conduct at Chelsea. Lampard said he would make it clear that if they underperformed, all of them would be gone for good or demoted to the 2nd team including the manager. You need to have this feeling of authority/fear to get these prima donnas playing well.

Called for him to be sacked all summer. Frustrating that 6 weeks in we are having the same conversation. Fans writing letters to INEOS through summer are the biggest idiots who should be blamed for this.

Enjoyed this one, Mitten is furious. Rightly so!
I sat watching to the end yesterday, sucked up all the dredging through it and interviews... but listening to the "state the obvious" man Mitten is far too much for anyone to bear.

Called for him to be sacked all summer. Frustrating that 6 weeks in we are having the same conversation. Fans writing letters to INEOS through summer are the biggest idiots who should be blamed for this.
Oh don’t worry, they’re still writing letters saying it’s the players, Rashford, Bruno and Dalot probably.

I’d be happy with Potter. Heck, even Southgate did a fantastic job of turning the England set up that was a tabloid circus into a coherent sporting entity. He might not win you the league but he’d be a fantastic bridge to a manager who might three years down the line.

With all due respect to Mitten, he's part of the problem in this case. One of the loudest voices after the FA Cup win in favor of keeping the manager.

If this is what it took for the penny to drop for him, he hasn't got any credibility left as a football journalist.

Genuinely can't believe he hasn't been fired first thing this morning. No other top club operates and tolerates medicority like we do.

I was watching a interview with Lampard re Abramovich's conduct at Chelsea. Lampard said he would make it clear that if they underperformed, all of them would be gone for good or demoted to the 2nd team including the manager. You need to have this feeling of authority/fear to get these prima donnas playing well.

We dont see that as much, I fully expected him to be sacked this morning. That's 2 games at home against rivals that we have looked like a national league team.

I wouldn't even say Championship or League 1 because Coventry gave Spurs a game. We have not given any team in the top half even half a game. Its too easy and pathetic.

I dont care who we get, at this point as long as its not Ten HAg.

The biggest idiots are the people who decided to keep a manager that was failing at the most fundamental aspect of coaching. Fans are emotional and often irrational, we all are, only the topics differ.

I don't think they're giving him two games, I think it's probably the case that they need time to secure a replacement, they'll need to do the due diligence to see whether it's going to be an interim/Ruud or full blown replacement. By now there is enough evidence to make a decision, I highly doubt they will rely on the two games upcoming, if anything they serve only as time to find the replacement.
If there’s anything they have definitely shown us is that a single game of football can change their mind 180 degrees.

That was an insane run to be honest and De Ligt only option was to foul him. These things happen in football and sometimes it is unavoidable.

What isnt unavoidable is to let a player free and dont even run back to cover far post. Dalot is most at fault for that goal.

Funny thing is that we have criticised AWB of switching off and doing that kind of thing. But Dalot does it almost every match and just gets a pass.

He ran very fast. What was insane (well predictable but insane in football terms) was the gaping hole in midfield and defence.

I stopped paying attention to him after the campaign he headed to keep EtH in after the Final. He was one of the loudest voices advocating for him to stay, acting all emotional after an FA Cup win after the disaster of a season we have witnessed. Now he's angry? He deserves to suffer with the rest of us.
If this is what it took for the penny to drop for him, he hasn't got any credibility left as a football journalist.

We dont see that as much, I fully expected him to be sacked this morning. That's 2 games at home against rivals that we have looked like a national league team.

I wouldn't even say Championship or League 1 because Coventry gave Spurs a game. We have not given any team in the top half even half a game. Its too easy and pathetic.

I dont care who we get, at this point as long as its not Ten HAg.

I think the board has basically decided to render this game meaningless (or at least not super indicative of our level) because of red card or some other crap. Genuinely have zero belief in us firing him anytime soon. We can’t after those 45 minutes at Palace, this would be so unfair

I think the board has basically decided to render this game meaningless because of red card or some other crap. Genuinely have zero belief in us firing him anytime soon.

Yep, its annoying the red card helps him keep him in the job, considering that we played just as badly before the red card. I dont think the red card made any difference in the performance or result whatsoever.

I hope the board looked at that first half performance, not the excuses that he has.

What are the chances he is sacked before the international break?

Yeah can we find a manager who can utilise these players until the summer, don't see us making any signings in January.
Players are fine. It won't be difficult once we get a manager who knows what the feck they are doing.

I mean more long term what direction they will take the squad in. Do they follow the same path or go in a completely different direction. I don't imagine the new football structure ideally would have wanted to go this far down the Ten Hag rabbit hole.

Yep, its annoying the red card helps him keep him in the job, considering that we played just as badly before the red card. I dont think the red card made any difference in the performance or result whatsoever.

I hope the board looked at that first half performance, not the excuses that he has.

What are the chances he is sacked before the international break?
Before red card the game was headed for 0-3/0-4 which is exactly how it finished. They should have been 2-0 if not 3-0 up by the time Bruno got dismissed.

I think zero chance of him being fired before 2025.

Before red card the game was headed for 0-3/0-4 which is exactly how it finished. They should have been 2-0 if not 3-0 up by the time Bruno got dismissed.

I think zero chance of him being fired before 2025.

Hmm I have a bit more faith than you. I think he is gone by next week. I dont see him beating Porto or Villa.

The players just dont care, they want him gone too. You cant keep questioning your players when the manager is the issue.

Every 3 games we have our worst ever performance. Its embarrassing really.

I hope the media cranks up the pressure on him this week. Keep talking about the fact that he can get sacked.
Won’t work like that yet as they are cautious about this and may get suspended from the training ground etc from the story of the year etc but anything less than 110% against Porto and Villa and then the pressure builds

My prediction is INEOS are looking at someone who will come in maybe until the end of next season and work within the existing structure in that period (so keep Ruud etc involved in their current roles) whilst looking for a suitable longer term (5 years +) option. They will be watching Mckenna etc to see how he does this season.

I think the situation they're trying to avoid is promoting Ruud to the top job (even on an interim basis) and they will only sack Ten Hag once they know who that first man is.

Feck Timo Werner. If he could finish that game would have been 6-7-0 and the Ineos statement today would be even more ludicrous today than it comes across.

Scandalous Ten Hag is still in a job today.

Are Ineos even looking at the performances? Not just this season but lost but if they bought the injury excuse last year for the pathetically amateurish structure of his teams that is terrifying for the future.

Because reputation affects how we get to the place we hop to be in a few seasons - recruitment of quality personnel is harder if we look like a shambles.

If they actually think Ten Hag can turn it around then it’s all irrelevant anyway - we’re cooked if that’s how poor their judgement is.
But why is it a shambles for people who matter? I get the media have a field day but you don’t have to fall for it every time, we fans don’t really have any effect unless someone could galvanise some kind of mass protest which will never happen.

Clubs sack managers all the time, it’s completely normal, in the same way they might give a struggling manager additional games to turn things around. Either the person Ineos want to hire isn’t available yet or they believe they’ve seen enough that ETH can get things back on track. International break is in two games, I think they’ll be forced to put an interim in by then if we lose the next two but the media churning out 2-3 United articles a day won’t change their decision (maybe it’s even making them more money!)

84.2% want him gone that’s got to be some kind of record

At least until Porto and Villa of course.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ham-loss-but-should-ineos-have-seen-it-coming

Some incredible stats:

1. Only Sheffield and Luton have conceded 3 or more goals more often than us since start of last season
  2. We have faced the most shots on goal in the league since start of last season
  3. 2nd higest money spent since EtH took charge

Ten Hag's heavy defeats​

• Brentford 4-0 Man Utd
  • Man City 6-3 Man Utd
  • Liverpool 7-0 Man Utd
  • Sevilla 3-0 Man Utd
  • Man Utd 0-3 Man City
  • Man Utd 0-3 Newcastle
  • Man Utd 0-3 Bournemouth
  • Crystal Palace 4-0 Man Utd
  • Man Utd 0-3 Liverpool
  • Man Utd 0-3 Tottenham

Why do we need to wait though? What could possibly happen in those 2 games that’s going to get everyone onboard again? We know how it goes from here. Keeping him in place for the next two games just means we’ll drop another 6 points. We can’t keep him in a job because we’re worried about what people will say outside of OT? People wouldn’t be talking about his job if he was doing good.
Agree , I think he's gone but think on what's come out from the hierarchy, there backing him they did a season review looked at other manger etc , this is why they won't pull the trigger yet imo. Next 2 games Porto, Villa are important if he's lost the players then he's gone, the last 2 games were prime last season.