Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is why he won’t be touched. I reckon they will write this season off, let his contract expire and perhaps already have a plan for next year
We spunked nearly 500m on players for him, Championship standard ones at that, another £17.5 to get rid is peanuts

Chelsea will most likely sign Sancho permanently anyway. Just take the money to sack Ten Hag from the Sancho sale - there's some poetry in there somewhere

Same. I’m also tired of hearing people willing to write the season off. feck sake it’s not even October, there’s no need to “write off” anything.

Its like people don't want to enjoy watching us. I'm not sure I could actually follow another season of this tripe. It's been shit since Feb 2023. Enough is enough for fecks sake. Stop torturing us.

I fear our reputational damage and missing out in European football would be more expensive in the long run...

To be honest, given the current dismal state of our play & the potential for this season to end in utter disaster if it carries on for a any prolonged period, £17.5M sounds like a bargain

Make the change in the international break. All negativity out after Villa loss away. Let Ruud take over. He has a nice run in to get him settled.

Serious Inoes and the rest of the board know exactly what they do and did. They are not internet warriors like many here. We needed to get rid of him or extend his contract for one more year. We already backed him, he won a cup title and this was a pretty cheap bet he could turn things around. But it will never work, ETH isn’t good enough in many aspects for a big club and that’s alright.

I think the right replacement wasn’t there and they will wait or maybe got an agreement with someone from next season.

I really don’t hope, but my thoughts are they waited on Southgate

This has been a weird sickness with this fanbase for years. Like the table is already decided and it’s not even October yet. It’s pathetic loser mentality.
It’s insane. Chelsea literally went and won the UCL after sacking their manager in the same season.

It doesn’t have to be some long terms, super slow developing plan or improvement. A good manager generally turns things around quite quickly.

Surely we could recoup most of that fee by having a semi decent run in Europe this season? We have the squad capable of doing that with a proper Manager guiding them.

This morning I had a mad rush to provide documentation for every single piece of tech, down to individual orders for fecking screws, because the director in charge of THREE different government projects had done absolutely feck all about it. I then ate a chicken burger with a hair in it, which made me and my bald head angry for separate reasons. And I just got told that a few minutes ago someone entered an unlocked room that should've been locked and promptly wrecked the place, causing thousands in damages when we have no budget to replace anything. Oh, and the CCTV isn't working.

I'm like water this morning, just riding the waves not giving a feck. Because whatever gets thrown at me this week is like a dream compared to us losing 3-0 at home to fecking Spurs. Spurs at home. 3-0. fecking Spurs.

Now now, they're just taking their time so they can properly assess Southgate before giving him a fiver year deal next week.

...fecking hell, I was joking to begin with but I would genuinely take Southgate as manager now. Urgh
I wouldn't
I'd prefer my mate who runs the local U14's, at least he got them winning

Stolen from Reddit:

Gary Neville's record after 28 games at Valencia:

* 11 Defeats
* 39 Goals scored
* 38 Goals conceded

ETH last 28 games:

* 13 Defeats
* 35 Goals scored
* 45 Goals conceded

I’m in the same boat, and I’m sure there are many others.

Same. We've been shite since the league cup final.
I do remember some of us shared concerns for the terrible football on display and the luck we had in so many games. Signs were worrying a lot earlier than in the 23/24 season

I do remember some of us shared concerns for the terrible football on display and the luck we had in so many games. Signs were worrying a lot earlier than in the 23/24 season
And got mercilessly attacked for it.

Not saying I've been ETH out since then but concerns are concerns and the football has been suspect since before the league cup win.

Stolen from Reddit:

* 11 Defeats
* 39 Goals scored
* 38 Goals conceded

ETH last 28 games:

* 13 Defeats
* 35 Goals scored
* 45 Goals conceded

Give it to Gary till the end of the season!

I feel like this club is virtually impossible to manage. We've tried every type of manager going, every single one of them has failed. In fact, almost every manager in modern history has failed here. Take SAF out of the equation, and you've got 40 years of complete irrelevance either side.

I was in favour of keeping ETH but obviously he had to deliver this season. Until yesterday I was mildly encouraged by some of the performances, if not the results. Against Palace we played some lovely inventive passing, lots of triangles and deft little interchanges. Couldn't score as per, but it felt like we were moving towards something different. Where did that go? Been no sign of it in the last two games.

Regardless of the managers suitability for the role, there is no excuse for that kind of performance yesterday. The lack of effort, the lethargy from minute one, the seeming inability or unwillingness to even run or try. If we had no manager at all and the players were told to make it up themselves I'd expect a better showing than that. If we'd lost 0-8 or 0-9 yesterday it wouldn't have been undeserved.

So ETH will no doubt leave sooner or later, but there's no outstanding or even obvious candidates and I have zero belief that anything will improve under the next manager, or even the one after that. This club is a poisoned chalice and unless we can somehow find a bunch of players that won't stop trying as soon as they decide they don't like the manager, we'll never succeed.

Stolen from Reddit:

* 11 Defeats
* 39 Goals scored
* 38 Goals conceded

ETH last 28 games:

* 13 Defeats
* 35 Goals scored
* 45 Goals conceded
It’s ridiculous isn’t it

Also a stat that Everton have won more points over the last 15 games than United. And Everton fans reckon Dyche is doing a bad job with them!! Doing that with United and getting away with it is silly.

I’m also bored of this “acceptance that results must improve” line - or what if they don’t? We’ve heard that so many times over the most recent months and results don’t improve. It’s the equivalent of parents saying “we’ll go home if you carry on” to their kids and then not doing it even though their kids continue to be absolute shits

Last edited:
It’s ridiculous isn’t it

Also a stat that Everton have won more points over the last 15 games than United. And Everton fans reckon Dyche is doing a bad job with them!! Doing that with United and getting away with it is silly.

I’m also bored of this “acceptance that results must improve line” - or what if they don’t? We’ve heard that so many times over the most recent months and results don’t improve. It’s the equivalent of parents saying “we’ll go home if you carry on” to their kids and then not doing it even though their kids continue to be absolute shits

There is no acceptance. Even if there were fans backing him, after last night, I cannot see one fan who still wants him here, he has to go now.

Its just too often that we are in this situation, every 3 weeks is not sustainable.

One thing I also don't understand about all this is why the players aren’t protesting. It’s their careers, their reputations, and their opportunities to play in major tournaments with both United and the national team. If I were playing for United, I would be furious with his bloody tactics and way of leading (excuse the language). I would have confronted the idiot on the training ground. If he benched me, at least I wouldn’t have to run around like a headless chicken at Old Trafford.

But no one seems to speak up. Do they have clauses in their contracts saying they have to follow every word EtH says? Can’t they act like normal people? You wouldn’t accept such a situation in your own job, would you?

And got mercilessly attacked for it.

Not saying I've been ETH out since then but concerns are concerns and the football has been suspect since before the league cup win.
Another way to look at it is - is this squad only 4 points better than Newcastle United?

If so, why? Considering the amount of money we spent last summer and the relative starting points of the two clubs.

I got a warning and a ban for that post :lol:

Feels like the club are ripping the fans off at this stage. It's pointless paying to watch us at the moment. It's just so hopeless.

If you've reached the point where you're giving him two games (Porto and Villa) to save his job you should probably sack him. Why would two results make a difference? You get rid of someone based on a long period of results, so two more won't change anything.

I got a warning and a ban for that post :lol:
You got a warning for constantly being negative from what I remember. Even when we won you were still miserable.

Not saying you were wrong but certainly you were boring :)

A bit like Ten Hag's excuses ayoooooo