Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.

I fear our reputational damage and missing out in European football would be more expensive in the long run...

Good job we extended that contract for PR in the summer. That new structure has really done its job

Changed to sack. I just don't think he has the tactical nous or knows how to make great finishers out of our players.

Baffling how he takes a chance with Casemiro yesterday for instance, or how he starts Rashford over Garnacho to develop Garnacho in his favoured position. I think he lacks the balls to go against the "big" players in the team/believes in them too much instead of just picking on form.

I'll be fine with Van Nistelrooy in the short term, but please give us something else than Tuchel for next permanent manager. I just don't see him developing what should be our future stars.

They still could have put Ruud in charge just for the trips to Porto and Villa but didn't have the guts
I wonder if it's that little can come if it... We play the same torrid shite for 2 games or if there is new manager bounce all of a sudden to the fans Ruud is the second coming of Ole and we go down that road again where feelings overcome hard logic. If it was more than 2 games to the break it would start to make more sense.

Kick the financial burden down the road a bit, let him tend to the Tulips in his garden on gardening leave.

I thought the Ineos boys were like dead smart and ruthless? this looks like ETH has done them up like kippers.

This is why he won’t be touched. I reckon they will write this season off, let his contract expire and perhaps already have a plan for next year
Which just makes them look like absolute buffoons for extending his contract. The club is fecked.

I give a praise to new regime for transfer window but regarding manager they are clueless just as Ed and John were.

This is why he won’t be touched. I reckon they will write this season off, let his contract expire and perhaps already have a plan for next year

They'll still have to pay him off next summer, thanks to triggering the 1 year extension.

He's got to go.
If Ineos are writing the season off, purely because they are new to the club and its a long term project, then they may as well just sack him and get anyone else in, it doesn't matter, because they aren't expecting results.

The Spurs game just left me speechless. I've seen better 2nd division Scottish games than that. Just absolutely clueless.

Just get rid and be done with it, he's not turning this around even with a 2bn war chest.

N
Not a fecking chance in my opinion. As much as we need to be careful money wise it would make them look like mugs to throw away an entire season on this bloke. I’ve full confidence he will be gone before November. It should be the next week with how we look.

I mean, they had to pay him off some amount whatever they did to be fair.
So instead of paying less and getting the chance to start afresh this year, we're paying more for the privilege of wasting yet another season. Woodward would be impressed at such skill.

We don’t have to pay him off. Just pay his wages and let him rot at home. Chelsea did the same with Potter I believe. If he’s such a good manager (he isn’t) then a club will come and buy his contract out.

We don’t have to pay him off. Just pay his wages and let him rot at home. Chelsea did the same with Potter I believe. If he’s such a good manager (he isn’t) then a club will come and buy his contract out.

Have him manage the women's team?

Does sacking and paying him off in any way influence our FFP or is that from a different pot of funds ?

Same pot.

But you could just keep him on the payroll for nkw, raise the season ticket prices next summer and just make the fans pay for it. That's what I'd do.

It will be a massive reputational impact for Ineos if they continue that way. They appeared hesitant in the summer but this would make them look paralysed to make the decision. All the credit they have in the bank with the fans would evaporate quicker than post soviet Eastern European economy.

Ineos logic still strikes me. If we were playing good football with certain style and patterns last two years, then of course that sacking would be a mistake and giving a manager time to get back to old form would be smart move. Because you know what that manager can do.

But to give time to manager who is still to show certain style of football after two years.......mind-blowing stuff. And, lets not forget that we now have football people in charge. Not Ed or Murtough.
No words really.

Does sacking and paying him off in any way influence our FFP or is that from a different pot of funds ?
I would have assumed not but we pulled out of the Tuchel deal over compensation right? Makes me wonder if it does affect FFP

He should have gone in the summer it was a questionable and slightly naive INEOS decision to give him another chance after all we’ve seen. INEOS simply have to pay the price for their poor choice.

Great, so it's just a fresh set of idiots that are running the asylum
Now now, they're just taking their time so they can properly assess Southgate before giving him a fiver year deal next week.

...fecking hell, I was joking to begin with but I would genuinely take Southgate as manager now. Urgh

His contract now expires in 2026, right? So they will have to fire him in summer if that is the plan and they would still need to compensate him for the 9M.

Same pot.

But you could just keep him on the payroll for nkw, raise the season ticket prices next summer and just make the fans pay for it. That's what I'd do.
They should get the analytics nerds to figure out which sections of the stadium have been most vocally supportive of him, and jack up their prices the most.