Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
So if Ten Hag pulls off 2 wins in the next 2 games, but then has too poor performance against Brentford and West Ham, then what?

I am sick and tired of this. You cannot be in the 3rd year of your tenure and be under pressure every 3rd game.

Regardless of what happens in the next two games, we have seen enough in the first 7/8 games to understand that he is not going to improve us. He has a good squad to chose from, we are no different to how we were last season with the injuries when facing a semi decent team.

No other team gets absolutely dominated by Spurs at home, that should not happen. Period.

Losing 3-0 to teams that are around you at home on a regular shows lack of coaching.

I put a lot of money on wins for Porto and Aston Villa.

The club doesn't care about ambition therefore i put money above my love for the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cly5d6jvgx6o

0e4e38a0e29d31b97a7caaa3c288be4f9a4710a5.pnj

This reads massively that he’s gone after the Porto & Villa games. The international break coming up gives them the perfect opportunity to get it done.

You can just feel what’s going to happen.

We will play OK and draw at Porto, then fluke a draw at Villa and we will hear that we are taking two weeks to regroup and fix things. We will then have a lackluster win against Brentford, struggle at Fenerbahce, get torn apart at West Ham and he will have Leicester in EFL Cup to save his job, which he will against their second string team. Then back to horrible against Chelsea but a PAOK/Leicester to save his job again, one of which he will win. Then beaten by Ipswich and outplayed but not beaten by Bodo, save his job against Everton - a 1-0 win after again poor performance. Nobody can expect anything at Arsenal so we will lose 4-0 but we will be told to look at positives, and if only Garnacho scored in the third minute then maybe things would have panned out differently. And then you can’t fire him in December with so many games on the horizon.

Yep, we've seen this song and dance before. The fans that aren't suckered in by the odd result here and there can see what will happen. Some will claim they can see this will happen, but then when it happens they will start making excuses for him again and ask for more time. It's like purgatory for those of us who think with our heads and not our hearts, because you can see it coming a mile off, whilst the rest of the lemmings walk off that same cliff once again after being warned.

My least expectation is to see is progress. It means I want to see more consistency in playing good football. So far, he hasn’t done it. I can take some positivity in defeat or draw if we play good football with pattern and identity like the Palace’s game last week but yesterday show that we still have inconsistency in our football. We were outplayed in Old Trafford before the red card. I won’t change my vote to sack now but he has shown no progress this season. I won’t be surprised if the board already began to have internal conversation about sacking him and hiring new manager.

At this point it’s wasting potential points and time sticking with him for another game. He’s not the one and 99 percent of people have made their peace with that fact.

It's daft though really, because if we somehow beat Villa then what? They'll keep him? So effectively they're keeping a manager on a game by game basis?

I do agree, it is a daft situation and it doesn't lend itself to any buy in from the players knowing that ETH is hanging by a thread. I can only assume there's some logic we're not privy to in waiting for the break rather than throwing him out right now, ie busy period, schedules already set, etc...

Unless we're that strapped for PSR wiggle room that we can't afford the admin fee to change ETH's name on the plane ticket to Portugal I'm at odds to explain it.

I don’t think fans are there yet. Definitely closer to last year when everyone tried to absolve him of all the blame because injuries, but browsing through reddits and twitters he still seems to garner at least some support and understanding among our fan base. It does seem to be declining though, finally.

Yeah it's exactly what @TsuWave is saying our matchgoing fans will never give managers the Real Madrid treatment, instead they prefer to still clap people off and sing in defiance

Realistically we aren't beating Porto or Villa. My guess is he will be gone after the Villa game, at least with an interm manager until the end of the season we would still have a chance of top 4.
Porto aren't all that though. Villa are, which says a lot about Emery and Ten Hag if you compare what each have achieved and with what fundings

Yeah it's just time to go.
I'd like to see a cull of the problem players too and give the new manager the opportunity to reshape the dressing room, no matter how big the egos are that would be disrupted or sold.

This reads massively that he’s gone after the Porto & Villa games. The international break coming up gives them the perfect opportunity to get it done.

Sounds about right. They need some time to get things in motion. Still got a tiny hope we sack him before or after the Porto game.

Ehh, what difference does two games even make? What if he wins them both and then proceeds to lose to Brentford after the break anyways? Feels like the sort of thing they say so they can sort a replacement in the background.

The hope is it will a bit like Berrada where no one knew we were getting him until later on.

Agreed. I tried to motivate myself last season to like him. But I can't lie to myself anymore. He's probably a kind and good person, but he's extremely difficult to like. I think it's because he's very uncharismatic and he's very flat in his press conferences. No, this is completely over and there is no reason to wait.
Aye, can't see the benefit in hanging on to him at all.

I don't understand why we would wait to sack him, we literally have 2 other Dutch managers at the club behind him, it's not like we'd be exposed. We're playing wank anyway, what's another 2 games of floundering at this point?

I like Erik as a bloke, I think he's tried his best to implement and build a team capable of playing well. Whether the players aren't listening or aren't capable is a big part of it, and sadly, both of them reflect badly on Erik.

Sadly it's come to the point now that he's under pressure and regardless of how we do from now on, he's only ever 1 bad result away from more pressure piling on. At that point, it's better to just get rid and look for a new manager.

But we didn’t sack Fergie and then he won everything! So we just have to do the same again here!

The board seems to be buying time to get a replacement in order. ETH will get a handsome pay off which may or may not further impact our financial situation.

I argued with some friends at the end of the season that you could make the case for him both staying and being sacked. There were mitigating circustances last year with injuries and the Greenwood situation leaving us a striker light however a good coach would adapt his tactics like he somehow managed to do for the cup final.

His continued use of favoured players, despite the state of their performances, seems to be causing disharmony in the squad now too.

Im now fed up of him and the complete nonsense he keeps spouting in interviews and press conferences along with his arrogance. He seems to accept no responsibilty for the shit he has been serving up since the league cup final win 18mths ago or that disasterous Champions league campaign. 18 months of complete and utter shite football along with millions and millions more spent.

Piss on our backs all you like ETH but dont tell us its raining.

The board seems to be buying time to get a replacement in order. ETH will get a handsome pay off which may or may not further impact our financial situation.

They still could have put Ruud in charge just for the trips to Porto and Villa but didn't have the guts

It really is pointless. If he wins the next 2 and we sack him it would look weird. Sack him now.

Ha! People actually believing we win any of the next 2. He is definitely gone. I cannot see him winning any of the next 5.

Ha! People actually believing we win any of the next 2. He is definitely gone. I cannot see him winning any of the next 5.
Yup....Porto (a), Villa (a), Brentford, Fener (a) & West Ham (a).

The Fener game is the least I am looking forward to. I can bet that Fred will run circles around our midfield and Jose will do everything to embarrass us.

If EtH worked in the IT department INEOS would sack him. Failure is only accepted at the management level in the corporate world.

Last edited:
So if Ten Hag pulls off 2 wins in the next 2 games, but then has too poor performance against Brentford and West Ham, then what?
Sounds like I’m making fun, but the realistic answer is likely that we’ll wait until the next international break. Unless we win the game before it. Then we wait for the one after

My concern is we’ll get rid of him and nothing will change. A lot of our bad play is down to players mentality and commitment, Rashford pulling out of that 50/50 is a prime example, he’s been like this under numerous managers. I think the squad is still too fragile. The next manager needs to be able to light a fire under the players arses.