Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let's get behind him then
Even I'm finding it a chore now, I can't fathom how others feel at this point.

He had his last chance saloon and just proved the doubters right. Id be shocked if he turned it around.

So - feels so wrong to say but would you take losses to Villa and Porto if it guarantees he's sacked?
100% yes. Don’t want any fluke wins keeping him in the job, and can’t imagine us actually playing well against good teams anyway. The long term damage he inflicts on us is worth a lot more than 3 points.

BBC article "I am not getting any sense there will be a knee-jerk reaction. United want to portray a sense of calm."
"Knee-jerk reaction" ffs... everyone with eyes can see that these kind of performances aren't anything new.

So - feels so wrong to say but would you take losses to Villa and Porto if it guarantees he's sacked?
If we turned up and ripped Villa apart then surely it shows something? But that won't happen. You can guarantee if we do win it'd be some fluke 2-1 win where performance wise we are second best, that much is completely guaranteed.

"Knee-jerk reaction" ffs... everyone with eyes can see that these kind of performances aren't anything new.
We can’t knee jerk based on mere 1.5 years of football.

INEOS been beating a dead horse since they decided to look for a new manager in the summer. This is on them. Jokers out (Glazers) Jokers in (INEOS).

Big negative mark against them.

I’ve felt very positive about INEOS since they’ve come in, everything seemed to be going in the right direction but I think they’re really dropping the bollock on this one.

Ole back with Ruud, get the old band back together:p

INEOS know they have botched this and sacking him is a public admission. Could roll on a while.
Spot on. And to add to it all; they've brought in Ruud and your other man. A new manager would likely want to bring his own coaching team. This will be absolute shiteshow for optics when he gets the boot next Monday morning.

I’ve felt very positive about INEOS since they’ve come in, everything seemed to be going in the right direction but I think they’re really dropping the bollock on this one.

Ole back with Ruud, get the old band back together:p

At this point I would do almost anything. Except Gareth Southgate.

You can just feel what’s going to happen.

We will play OK and draw at Porto, then fluke a draw at Villa and we will hear that we are taking two weeks to regroup and fix things. We will then have a lackluster win against Brentford, struggle at Fenerbahce, get torn apart at West Ham and he will have Leicester in EFL Cup to save his job, which he will against their second string team. Then back to horrible against Chelsea but a PAOK/Leicester to save his job again, one of which he will win. Then beaten by Ipswich and outplayed but not beaten by Bodo, save his job against Everton - a 1-0 win after again poor performance. Nobody can expect anything at Arsenal so we will lose 4-0 but we will be told to look at positives, and if only Garnacho scored in the third minute then maybe things would have panned out differently. And then you can’t fire him in December with so many games on the horizon.

The club desperately needs leadership and not panic. I don’t think Eric is the man for the job anymore, it seems to me like he lacks the gravitas to give the players belief, but sacking him now would be a bad move. We need calm, focused leadership at the top of the club. It may have been the wrong decision to keep him in the summer but it would be compounded by sacking him without an alternative lined up. Ignore the noise and get to the international break.

We will play OK and draw at Porto, then fluke a draw at Villa and we will hear that we are taking two weeks to regroup and fix things. We will then have a lackluster win against Brentford, struggle at Fenerbahce, get torn apart at West Ham and he will have Leicester in EFL Cup to save his job, which he will against their second string team. Then back to horrible against Chelsea but a PAOK/Leicester to save his job again, one of which he will win. Then beaten by Ipswich and outplayed but not beaten by Bodo, save his job against Everton - a 1-0 win after again poor performance. Nobody can expect anything at Arsenal so we will lose 4-0 but we will be told to look at positives, and if only Garnacho scored in the third minute then maybe things would have panned out differently. And then you can’t fire him in December with so many games on the horizon.

Basically this.

What a shit show

If we turned up and ripped Villa apart then surely it shows something? But that won't happen. You can guarantee if we do win it'd be some fluke 2-1 win where performance wise we are second best, that much is completely guaranteed.
Taking a game in isolation shows nothing, as we have seen repeatably. Teams are successful by consistently turning up and performing for en entire season. We're consistently shit with the occasional good result thrown in. That's why making any decision based on beating City was stupid, just as basing any decision on Villa or Porto would be stupid.

We've seen more than enough to know what should be done. If Ineos can't see it, or are unwilling to take action, then we're no better off than we were before they took over.

We can’t knee jerk based on mere 1.5 years of football.
Exactly... I really don't see anything changing the next 2 matches before the international break to be honest. Also if we do somehow win against Villa and Porto(which I off course hope, because want my beloved MU to win), does it really change much?

Ok then...

I just don't understand the point of people doing this?

It's this kind of brain dead ownership decision making that forces fans to hope their own team loses.

Our match-going fans are just too accommodating, I'm afraid. The boos weren't even that loud yesterday - and OT largely still applauds the manager/team to the tunnel regardless of disasterclass. I can't imagine it ever getting "white handkerchief" time ugly at OT - which I believe would have forced/precipitated a move from leadership if it did.

The fanbase, much like the club/leadership, just doesn't have that dawg in them. We're too nice, and care too much about optics ("United DNA", "United way", "Back the manager"). It is what it is.

this would have us at the relegation zone (or close) in December :lol: But because we are still up for a micky mouse cup you know it, people will say it's all about the 'titles'.

I might be wrong but you were on 10H stay train ? If i'm right i'm just happy people are not doubling down on this.

Ok so let's lose another 2 games before sacking him.
Its madness.
Hes gone, just sack him now, get Ruud in as interim until the international break then go out and get whoever they need too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cly5d6jvgx6o

0e4e38a0e29d31b97a7caaa3c288be4f9a4710a5.pnj

To be fair, that just states he's staying for the next 2 matches which as a lot of people have assumed would be the case with the international break. An immediate dismissal, although desirable, was probably a bit fanciful.

this would have us at the relegation zone (or close) in December :lol: But because we are still up for a micky mouse cup you know it, people will say it's all about the 'titles'.

I might be wrong but you were on 10H stay train ? If i'm right i'm just happy people are not doubling down on this.
No, I wanted him to go before and after City game but then resigned myself to him being here for the long haul and tried to make peace with that. I never liked him as a manager from very early on here though he did win me over during that short spell before and after World Cup. Otherwise he’s been beyond terrible.

INEOS not exactly looking like a decisive unit.

But I’m just going to tell myself they’re doing this to buy time til the international break/because Porto and Villa would be bad games for a new coach (even interim). Because otherwise it’s just - what the feck are these guys on?

Should have give it Ruud for both games, remember how fan backlash changed Greenwood coming back well do it with this too

Should have give it Ruud for both games, remember how fan backlash changed Greenwood coming back well do it with this too
I don’t think fans are there yet. Definitely closer to last year when everyone tried to absolve him of all the blame because injuries, but browsing through reddits and twitters he still seems to garner at least some support and understanding among our fan base. It does seem to be declining though, finally.

Seemingly how Ruud & Hake came in just this summer, do they have the working permit to even take over in a matter of days? I remember Arne Slot had to require a working permit outside of the EU this summer before he could be unveiled as Liverpool's new manager. Unless the Assistant manager/coach one already covers it, which I don't know.

To be fair, that just states he's staying for the next 2 matches which as a lot of people have assumed would be the case with the international break. An immediate dismissal, although desirable, was probably a bit fanciful.

It's daft though really, because if we somehow beat Villa then what? They'll keep him? So effectively they're keeping a manager on a game by game basis?

Ok so let's lose another 2 games before sacking him.
Its madness.
Hes gone, just sack him now, get Ruud in as interim until the international break then go out and get whoever they need too.

This. Such an obvious and easy decision for INEOS, yet it appears poised to dither. The only justification, and it’s a weak one, for not sacking ETH right now is that the new manager has signed a contract and needs to two weeks to settle his personal affairs.

So if Ten Hag pulls off 2 wins in the next 2 games, but then has too poor performance against Brentford and West Ham, then what?

I was neutral up until the fa cup win. Then I turned against the man and for a valid reason

Pre FA cup win we had a manager who was slowly coming to terms that his football tactics needed some serious tweaking for him to succeed. Post fa cup win the cockiness came rushing with his 'i move elsewhere and win because that what I do' BS. It didn't helped that ineos begged him to stay after interviewing so many managers

And seriously he can't blame the players for this mess because this is his team. We're feckin eredivisie/ajax 2 at this point

It's daft though really, because if we somehow beat Villa then what? They'll keep him? So effectively they're keeping a manager on a game by game basis?
Exactly. At least get rid of him after a humiliation. We know he’s on borrowed time so why give him and extra couple of games to redeem himself because when it backfires we’ll just be further down the table and fighting to stay in Europe.

What scares me is the fact that some members here still trust ten Hag and want to keep him at the club. Let's approach this in a very simplystic way. Numbers. 12th in the league. 5 goals on 6 matches. Minus 3 goal difference. Seven points out of the possible 18. Only 1 goal scored at Old Trafford. Pure facts. All these numbers are literally embarassing. We are Manchester United, not Ipswich Town, sorry.

BBC article "I am not getting any sense there will be a knee-jerk reaction. United want to portray a sense of calm."

Would getting rid of him be knee-jerk? Some might say it's over a year too late.
:lol: Yes, that's exactly what we need....a sense of calm.

Anyway homies, whoz next?

- We tried "cut from the same cloth" - failed miserably.
- Then we went with "Football philosopher and winner" - bored us to death and failed.
- Then we went "Football nihilist but a serial winner" - burned the house and failed.
- Next up was "United DNA" - Bought some good times initially but ultimately failed.
- Next we went the hipster route, though only temporary - failed; although if we had kept him the squad would definitely be in better shape today.
- Now we have the hipster on a permanent - failed and has probably bankrupted us with his signings.

Who do we hire next? Is any "category" still remaining? Have we come 360 and go Scottish again? Or do we reverse the cycle and start with a hipster first this time?