Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
You jumped into a chain about tempering expectations and now are taking rubbish - Pool are definitely better than Spurs. We can talk about metrics though? It’s not like they have changed, you can just add the recent ones
Thanks for the insult. I didn’t say you are talking rubbish, I said look at the result of us against a decent team, totally rubbish.
But if you want to take it there, you’re talk about us being good this season and using metrics to prove it is pretty rubbish.

See I think he comes across as quite a nice bloke - like I'm sure you could have a very pleasent conversation with him when you're in line at the Post Office.

But yeah he isn't inspiring, or charasmatic, or, you know, a decent football manager... which are kinda the main things!
I don't know why people say this. To me he's not very likeable at all. Smug and smarmy as feck, no charisma, thinks he's better than everyone else and he's never wrong.

Public backing now from Ineos - there’s clearly a lot going on from an operations perspective they want to get done before they pull the trigger on a new manager

They were planning for it in the summer, they wouldn’t have interviewed other managers if they weren’t. I think the plan was for Ten Hag to oversee a moderately solid season, get us top 4 and a decent cup run, and replace him with a top class manager next summer when there are hopefully better options available. This disastrous start has really thrown a spanner in the works for INEOS. They never would have anticipated his position would be looking untenable before we’re even in October.

I've lost all faith in Ineos if we stick with him, was already having major doubts after they bowed to fan pressure in the summer and kept him after an FA cup win, as the rest of the season was basically shocking

No wonder he doesn't change what he's doing, he's unsackable

I absolutely do not want Southgate however

We are writing off this season. Again.

The players have a lot to answer for as well, shame they're still picking up their hundreds of thousands a week

Our fans are almost too nice as well. Imagine if RM were in this position (I don't think they would be as they'd have sacked him already)

BBC saying we're set to stick with him.
green-mile-im-tired-boss.gif

Can I just point out that Omar Berrada is his own man, he’s not INEOS he’s a Manchester United employee and had no affiliation to INEOS before.

This is all up to him, he will be making the decision not SJR or Dave Brailsford.

Ole wants the job I reckon he will get it. Do we think he can do better with better structures?

Can I just point out that Omar Berrada is his own man, he’s not INEOS he’s a Manchester United employee and had no affiliation to INEOS before.

This is all up to him, he will be making the decision not SJR or Dave Brailsford.

Was always worreid he'd be a City plant...

Public backing now from Ineos - there’s clearly a lot going on from an operations perspective they want to get done before they pull the trigger on a new manager
Always made sense that they'd wait until the international break to change things. If they give it Ruud on an interim though then it makes no sense to wait.

Thanks for the insult. I didn’t say you are talking rubbish, I said look at the result of us against a decent team, totally rubbish.
But if you want to take it there, you’re talk about us being good this season and using metrics to prove it is pretty rubbish.
How is it an insult to say you are speaking rubbish by implying we haven’t played anyone good, then referencing Spurs as that team?

But why would he go against his new employer who recently decided Ten Hag was the man despite speaking to other managers?

I find it interesting that bbc says for 'forthcoming fixtures against porto and villa.' I really do think a bad loss at Villa would finish things.

Specifying those fixtures makes it seem very much like a matter of time now, otherwise it'd have surely been simply "support the manager".

On the topic of losing to Villa, depending on scorelines, we could be find ourselves as low as 15th by the end of the weekend. Bournemouth are at home to Southampton, Everton at home to Newcastle, and West Ham and Ipswich play each other.

Nobody heard of the vote of confidence? Underperforming managers always get publicly backed by the club before they’re sacked.

This new leadership, where is the communication? The social media space and old media space is exploding with "get the lad out", but not a word. Nothing. Like nothing has happen. Everything goes to plan, move along. This is the new United. Worst results and performance ever.

The sponsors, share holders etc. Everyone must be wondering what's going on? Or is it just us "simple" fans who is fuming?

INEOS know they have botched this and sacking him is a public admission. Could roll on a while.

Letting it roll on is is surely more embarrassing, every game that goes by makes INEOS look like the biggest clowns in world football.

BBC article "I am not getting any sense there will be a knee-jerk reaction. United want to portray a sense of calm."

Would getting rid of him be knee-jerk? Some might say it's over a year too late.

INEOS know they have botched this and sacking him is a public admission. Could roll on a while.

Yep agreed. Should have just binned him in the summer, multiple points last season he should have gone

So much for top 4 being a bare minimum requirement for a manager of Manchester United anymore

Realistically we aren't beating Porto or Villa. My guess is he will be gone after the Villa game, at least with an interm manager until the end of the season we would still have a chance of top 4.

Just sounds like I am going on and on but I don't find him particularly likeable or inspiring.

Agreed. I tried to motivate myself last season to like him. But I can't lie to myself anymore. He's probably a kind and good person, but he's extremely difficult to like. I think it's because he's very uncharismatic and he's very flat in his press conferences. No, this is completely over and there is no reason to wait.