Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Spurs are so useless. Could have scored 5 or 6 to free us from this bondage, but go and play Timo Werner. feck me

It's hilarious that opposition fans are also wondering how he's still here and how the standards are so low at the club.
They thought it was funny as hell. Now even they don't get why he is still here.
My hope is another week or two at worst. Today would make my day.

Great logic, let’s throw away another two games before doing the inevitable and sacking him. Just let Ruud take charge for the next 2 games and look to bring a new manager in during the international break.

I think your comprehension has failed you. The statement I made isn’t one that can be proven right or wrong one currently. I said I think leaving the future of our young players under his care would be negligent. You can’t be “proven” right for an assertion like that until many years later, but thankfully, I’m confident he won’t be here that long.

Secondly, I posted videos of pretty much everyone that’s done post-mortem for yesterday. At least videos I’ve bothered to watch. No my fault Ten Hag is being called a bust in pretty much all of them - it’s a reflection of the work he’s done. “5 goals is 6 games” isn’t an opinion piece. It’s simply Redknapp reiterating what Ten Hag has served up.
I’m not looking to win the internet mate.

Redknapp makes me chuckle.

Have a lovely day!

@Fortitude can newbies be banned from posting in this thread? I think ita attractinh a lot of opposition posters pretending to be United fans.

I guarantee we win one of our next two which will see him keep the job for even longer.

Its what always happens with us. That's why it was important to fire him today

I’m not looking to win the internet mate.

Redknapp makes me chuckle.

Have a lovely day!

Yet you wrongly, and randomly quoted me saying what you thought I posted Redknapp for.

I don't dismiss people wholesale because sometimes even people that are habitually wrong, can be right. Redknapp just happened to be right in saying that 5 goals in 6 league games is really poor - it is.

I hate saying anyone should lose their job, but he clearly isn't the right man for the job. He says "we all on the same page"... can I suggest it might be the wrong page or even the wrong book

I guarantee we win one of our next two which will see him keep the job for even longer.

Its what always happens with us. That's why it was important to fire him today
Then we'll get another thumping not long after and be in the same position.

The dithering at this club is maddening

It's just as well Ineos acted decisively to sack 250 admin staff and didn't worry about small matters like the football team.

The multi million pound pay off Ten Hag will now receive in the near future as a result of them extending his contract, could have covered a lot of those people's salaries for another year.

Keeping him after last season was madness. Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming after last season.

Great logic, let’s throw away another two games before doing the inevitable and sacking him. Just let Ruud take charge for the next 2 games and look to bring a new manager in during the international break.
Seems like good reasoning here but it’s not what we do. We are not a sacking club and we stand by our managers.

I am going to Utd v Brentford in 3 weeks time and fully expecting him to still be on the bench then too. It will probably be yet another heroic 1-1 draw that saves his job until the next game, and so on.

Same as previous: the new manager is ultimately expected to replace Alex Ferguson. Not EtH, Ole or Jose. Fergie.
Only by incredibly naïve fans. And it's this thinking that will ultimately hold us back more than any other, now that we've finally got our higher management sorted.

We don't need to wait until the 'perfect' manager to act. Indeed, allowing failure to continue until that perfect manager comes along makes it very likely that the perfect manager will choose another club instead of us.

We need a good manager who will implement a good system and who can get the best (or at least close to the best) out of the playing squad. That right there will drive us up the table, get the fans back onside and develop confidence and belief throughout the squad, while developing systems of play that will stand us in good stead in the long-term. It'd be fantastic if that manager ends up being good enough to take us all the way, but quite frankly the most likely scenario is that we'll have to go through a couple of managers before we win a PL or CL again. But we can then be choosing those managers from a position of some strength, making the change when the 'right' manager comes along instead of when the previous one becomes an unmitigated failure which is the huge mistake we've been making since Fergie left.

At this point in time, 'good' is fine and a much more likely road to long-term success than biding our time and waiting for 'great'.

The beginning of the season was supposed to be the reset.
It's the kind of language that sounds like it's the beginning of the end, but as always we give managers enough rope to hang themselves with multiple times over.

We're terrified of sacking managers in case they get it right somewhere else, even when the evidence overwhelmingly shows they won't. Or perhaps because the decision makers aren't confident of getting the next one right either. Not exactly what you'd hope for from the 'best in class' structure, either way.

Spurs are so useless. Could have scored 5 or 6 to free us from this bondage, but go and play Timo Werner. feck me

I remember about 6/7 years ago, I used to say Antony Martial was the most Arsenal player to never play for Arsenal.

We're now out that stage where Timo Werner is the most United player to not play for United...

It felt another one of those games yesterday where it was a sad indictment of where we are. It feels even worse than when it came to an end for Ole etc as the players and squad we have assembled should be as good as any in the league. In the past we have had some positives towards the end of a managers reign, whether its Bruno pulling off some magic, Garnacho looking like the real deal of Mainoo bursting through we've always had something to cling on too, but after yesterday feels like we've nothing, completely hopeless and i dont envy anyone taking over from EtH at this point.

It felt another one of those games yesterday where it was a sad indictment of where we are. It feels even worse than when it came to an end for Ole etc as the players and squad we have assembled should be as good as any in the league. In the past we have had some positives towards the end of a managers reign, whether its Bruno pulling off some magic, Garnacho looking like the real deal of Mainoo bursting through we've always had something to cling on too, but after yesterday feels like we've nothing, completely hopeless and i dont envy anyone taking over from EtH at this point.
I think so. When you looked at the two starting line ups before the game, I thought on paper we have a better team. Even if you don't agree with the assessment, the different between the teams is not big and that it would be a barometer of where we really are up against a supposedly evenly match team. We failed that test massively and that is an indictment of the manager. This wasn't City with Pep at the helm or a depleted United squad, at the very least the game should have been close and focussing on the first half in particularly, they outclassed us. A credit to Ange and big worry for ETH.

I think so. When you looked at the two starting line ups before the game, I thought on paper we have a better team. Even if you don't agree with the assessment, the different between the teams is not big and that it would be a barometer of where we really are up against a supposedly evenly match team. We failed that test massively and that is an indictment of the manager. This wasn't City with Pep at the helm or a depleted United squad, at the very least the game should have been close and focussing on the first half in particularly, they outclassed us. A credit to Ange and big worry for ETH.

Very true, on paper we were the better side, they were missing arguably their best player too with Son out and replaced with Werner who missed a good few chances.

Very true, on paper we were the better side, they were missing arguably their best player too with Son out and replaced with Werner who missed a good few chances.
Exactly - looking at their frontline of Johnson, Werner and Solanke is absolutely nothing to be afraid of. Most wouldn't even take Werner or Johnson if they were offered to us for free.

It's the kind of language that sounds like it's the beginning of the end, but as always we give managers enough rope to hang themselves with multiple times over.

Why oh why do we have to be the only club who does this :rolleyes:

If Ten Hag is in the job by January 1, we are going to finish bottom half and be out of all the cup competitions bar the FA Cup.

Can someone tell me how and why he hasn't been sacked already, what are they waiting for? For him to take us backwards some more? We have indecisive and unambitious muppets in charge.

Both Ashworth and Berrada distanced themselves from the decision to keep ten Hag in their respective interviews before the Liverpool match. Now you can say that they just did that to make it clear they weren't involved in the decision making and not breaking any gardening leave rules but personally I find it quite damning that both felt the need to point it out. They are not tied to this manager. Two bad results against Porto and Villa he's gone during the international break.

We have been in the same cycle since the Barcelona game in his first season, a few decent results masking the glaringly obvious faults in team setup, motivation and tactics. The individual moments of brilliance to get results have dried up, they should have seen enough now this season to realise nothing is changing.

He really has to go, I think. I don't know if it was a mistake to keep him in the job after the cup final...I certainly wouldn't have chosen to do so, but I think the financial situation was given total priority this summer to establish as strong a position for the rebuild as humanly possible. Probably didn't help that the number of obvious candidates for the job was near zero. A calculated dice roll in a bad spot.

I wonder if the club is in a better position to sack him now financially given how many players left during the window? I hope so. They're smart people - Ashworth, Wilcox and Berrada I mean. They must have contingency plans in place for something like this given how big a risk it obviously was to keep him.

The club needs a modern manager with a proper dose of personal charisma and communication skills. Someone who can step into that dressing room and project authority and calm, and inject some confidence and togetherness into this squad through his presence alone. Given how extensive the psychological scarring is likely to be, the fragility of their collective spirit...I think we need almost a messianic figure to pull it off. Someone whose eyes pierce the soul and whose voice transmits a frequency that stirs awe and trust in the hearts of even the most alienated and jaded of men.

It's Southgate. It has to be. With Potter as assistant manager. Or assistant to the manager. Maybe co-managers?

OK

Be tedious as much as you want, if that’s what you enjoy. But at least be consistent when on your high horse

Yet you wrongly, and randomly quoted me saying what you thought I posted Redknapp for.

I don't dismiss people wholesale because sometimes even people that are habitually wrong, can be right. Redknapp just happened to be right in saying that 5 goals in 6 league games is really poor - it is.

Here’s the entirety of the post where you shared redknapp’s wisdom

ETH is ruining Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund, Rashford, feck me, the whole team.

TsuWave: Agreed. I said something similar before:
leaving this guy in charge of the future of bright players like Amad, Mainoo and Garnacho would be negligent

So you were sharing your previously declared wisdom that ten Hag will ruin our younger players.

And shared a video where the closest redknapp aligns is in talking about old Trafford being a graveyard for players.

You mentioned nothing about goals.

We can all be pedantic, but it’s really tedious. And if you’re going to assume intent, jump on the offensive, and call out people’s comprehension, it’s probably best to be consistent when doing so.

Have a lovely day

Thank you for making me laugh involuntarily on this most grim of days. :lol:
The beginning of the season was supposed to be the reset.
Reset: Part Deux!
‘Omg! They’re resetting the reset!’

Nolan’s looking to bring this to the big screen as a follow up to Tenet.

It’s all leading up to r3s3t, you just know it.

I think we likely get done 2-0 to Villa, similar to Moyes's last game against Everton, and then he will be binned.

Just sounds like I am going on and on but I don't find him particularly likeable or inspiring.

See I think he comes across as quite a nice bloke - like I'm sure you could have a very pleasent conversation with him when you're in line at the Post Office.

But yeah he isn't inspiring, or charasmatic, or, you know, a decent football manager... which are kinda the main things!

I think we likely get done 2-0 to Villa, similar to Moyes's last game against Everton, and then he will be binned.
Nah, there's more than enough reason to sack him now, two more games doesn't change the fact he's not up to the task. The issue is it seems INEOS are reluctant to get rid of him at the beginning of a season, probably due to the fact that all they've done since trying to replace him is talk about backing him. I'm sure they'd rather him stay in this position until the summer and then they can sack him and claim abject failure on his behalf despite massive backing, and have the option of more managers. Or maybe they already have someone lined up for the summer but we have to wait? Who knows?