Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
It'll mean he's safe until Christmas and as long as he gets a positive result or 2 before the winter break, he'll be safe until March. And at that point they'll give him the rest of the season.

Rinse and repeat. For me, the whole point of a proper football structure is that you can dispose of the manager more easily while still maintaining a red thread in developing the team.

So get on with it!

Were is the confidence in the many games we've gone 1-2 goals up and lost the lead in minutes. Heads drop when we score.

How is Spurs coming to OT and bossing the game. Last season we were 2-0 up yet finished 2-2. Hojbjerg ran the game, they had 60+% of the game just like yesterday before the sending off. Spurs are coming to Old Trafford twice and bossing us, what the feck is going on. I know why, a midfield of Ugarte Mainoo and Bruno, inexperience, no discipline or planning.

We actually had a game plan in the final of the FA Cup. We can't abandon the shape and discipline for other teams, they come here and outplay us.

If we have control we can create and not be rushed in attack. It's hot potato rushed in front goal, vacating midfield football and it simply does not work, high risk low reward frantic play.

The players that he trust is throwing him under the bus and he has no solution. Rashford hasn't done anything great is last 18 months, Bruno carelessness with the ball isn't scoring and creating, goals are leaking from the left with Dalot playing as left back. How can these 3 players starts every game? Time to revert back to compact football with little pressing. One note though, I think I am giving up United, I have supported those club for almost 40 years even before Alex became the manager but this is getting depressing. How can a club watch by millions fall behind so fast and far back? Seriously, Erik is the type of manager that can this club relegated. In 12 position with negative goal difference. Smash by top team and struggle to beat mid table club. Wow, just wow.

Seriously, what lows has this absolute clown got to drag us down to in order to be sacked? INEOS dropped a massive ball on keeping this muppet over the summer.

What does this even mean? If we draw at Porto and the fluke a win at Villa like we did last year, does he have complete job security because of that?

We are the only club in the world that allows managers to redeem perpetual failure with single games. Insanity.

Over the last 10 years:

- We've changed players constantly - yet we're still getting worse.
- We've apparently changed too often - yet we're still getting worse
- We've changed the football structure - yet we're still making the same mistakes
- We've even changed owners - the old ones were apparently the root of everything wrong

So what's left? :confused:

It's hilarious that opposition fans are also wondering how he's still here and how the standards are so low at the club.

Dithering because of pride - how they'll look after 'backing him' and then a sack after 6 league games.

Nothing to wait for though, it's not going to change.

What does this even mean? If we draw at Porto and the fluke a win at Villa like we did last year, does he have complete job security because of that?

We are the only club in the world that allows managers to redeem perpetual failure with single games. Insanity.

Club is finished, I think. INEOS are writing off another season because they obviously didn't have any sort of backup plan despite the massive risk keeping him on.

I'd say it's done. Likely been told get has these 2 games to save himself but in reality he's gone.

What a waste of season and this fanbase was complicent to how it has gone. Allowing one game to change minds when we had 18 months of games to see he wasn't up to it.

It's hilarious that opposition fans are also wondering how he's still here and how the standards are so low at the club.
Opposition fans are loving the fact he’s still here. Wilcox and everyone that was in the crowd last night surely heard the spurs fans singing ‘sacked in the morning’

I'd say it's done. Likely been told get has these 2 games to save himself but in reality he's gone.

What a waste of season and this fanbase was complicent to how it has gone. Allowing one game to change minds when we had 18 months of games to see he wasn't up to it.
Isn’t it international break after these next 2 games? That’s probably the perfect time to sack and change.

Opposition fans are in dreamland. Top comments in the Gary Neville Sky post-mortem on Youtube:

601005ad9e8f26ebe9c0a41db43d91ebe1f3e68b.pnj

In most of the bad decisions over the last 10 years. It's funny in a way, how big of a role the club owns fanbase has played in the clubs demise.

Remember all the oppo fans wanting us to keep Jose and singing Ole's at the wheel?

They've had more fun taking the piss out of us than we have supporting our own club. If I were an oppo fan, I would have been pissing myself laughing at this club and it's shambolic decision making over the past 11 years.

Needs to go now, gets another lifeline with the next 2 games and wins them, no way. Paper over the cracks.

Isn’t it international break after these next 2 games? That’s probably the perfect time to sack and change.

Another two humiliations then, while falling further down the table. When a club is in literal free fall the perfect time to change things is right now.

I think it looks far, far weaker waiting until their hand is completely forced and we’re even further behind. Much better to get it done asap and move on.
Oh I completely agree - but I don't think that INEOS will see it that way. Personally, I think waiting another month while we (pretty much guaranted) basically write the season off by dropping even further away from a CL place, get knocked out of cups etc., is a much weaker thing to do. But I can't see the club sacking him yet, sadly

It looks like nothing has changed, and we'll continue to back underperforming managers who clearly aren't good enough, for far too long.

It's an absolute disgrace how he hasn't been sacked yet.

Unless INEOS actually grow a pair and admit they screwed up with keeping him after the Fa Cup win I honestly see us staying in mediocrity.

It's just as well Ineos acted decisively to sack 250 admin staff and didn't worry about small matters like the football team.

Post in thread 'Kobbie Mainoo | 2023/24 Performances' https://www.redcafe.net/threads/kobbie-mainoo-2023-24-performances.478079/post-31702952

@DWelbz19 remember this?

You think INEOS will give him another season? I don’t quite buy into the hype that we’re suddenly going to act like a proper institution and make decisions quickly and without sentiment, but I hold out some hope they’ve got a man earmarked in the wings.
Everything coming out of INEOS so far seems to the same of sort of kool-aid thats regurgitated by our clueless fanbase. It's not the managers etc.

They'll stick with him to try and prove that point

This does genuinely affect my view of Ineos though. We've brought in all these new people in positions of power, yet they're apparently unable to make good decisions about the manager. He should obviously have been sacked in the summer but it seems that we have the same kind of issue identifying potential in managers as we do in footballers, so when the obvious targets said no we gave up and stuck with Ten Hag.

We'll have to wait and see. So far they made one decision.

Of the new people who arrived, the two most important people - the CEO and DOF - only officially joined during the summer. Now, were Ashworth and Berrada involved behind the scenes before that? Of course they were, but I think you need more than that if you're going to appoint a manager. You need those people going to talk to candidates - even more so when they are 'not obvious targets' - and clearly that was not possible while they were not in their jobs yet. Didn't Ratcliffe himself meet with Tuchel? That's not ideal.

So I'm willing to give them some time. With new people still arriving during the summer and finding their place, I think a new manager would not have found himself in an ideal situation anyway. Hopefully they will find their feet , do their research and appoint the right manager who will come in when the structure is complete and ready for him. Things could easily still be rectified.

What I really don’t understand, is why he maintained so much power after coming within a gnats dick of losing his job in the summer?

Why did he get any input on signings? Why did he get to bring in his own new coaches? Why does he still have the authority to insist upon braindead, childishly shite and laughable tactics?

It was widely reported at the end of last season that Wilcox had stepped in and insisted on a change in tactics that clearly had a positive effect on those last few games.

He then went through the review and instead of being taken aside and told “you’re hanging on by a thread here mate - time to cop on and get in line or you’re out of here”, it appears we said “let’s ignore everything that’s happened til now, we’re backing you 100% to do whatever you want again next season”.

It makes no sense. Instead of laying the foundations for a structure in which the coach is a cog in a functioning machine, we have hamstrung ourselves even further by putting yet more eggs in his basket.

Yes many of us in the fanbase and in the media were calling for him to be given more time, but not a single person would’ve questioned the club if they’d come out and said “we have parted ways because Eric did not accept the terms of the new direction in which the club intends to go”.

The guy is obsessed with a tactic that clearly and demonstrably does not work in this league. He also is completely incapable of motivating his players consistently. There can be no excuses for keeping him in the role now, other than the same inability to get past ego that plagued the former administration.

Yesterday was every bit the Liverpool 7-0 hammering he should’ve been sacked after years ago. Only Spurs are Spurs and couldn’t punish us accordingly.

Is this "reset" the same as the "fresh start under the new structure" ETH got at the start of the season from our fanbase, where we pretended that the last two seasons didn't happen? Does this mean that now we pretend that this season has only started from the Porto match this week? :lol:

Same as the summer: there is no viable replacement.

Same as previous: the new manager is ultimately expected to replace Alex Ferguson. Not EtH, Ole or Jose. Fergie.

Ineos will be mindful not to rush into an unsuitable replacement. For sake as much as ours.

In most of the bad decisions over the last 10 years. It's funny in a way, how big of a role the club owns fanbase has played in the clubs demise.

Indeed. See how the fanbase demand ten Hag sacked but cannot reach any consensus as to a replacement beyond 'not EtH'.

It's just as well Ineos acted decisively to sack 250 admin staff and didn't worry about small matters like the football team.

city had less than half the amount of such staff at United and they seem to do okay.

As for the football, they've actively sought a new manager and invested in players. There is no discernible replacement, only managers capable of what EtH achieved in his first season.

Grim tidings.

It looks like nothing has changed, and we'll continue to back underperforming managers who clearly aren't good enough, for far too long.

Not only will we temporarily back them, we'll exaggerate their ability whenever we want the incumbent sacked.

'I can't believe we didn't go for de Zerbi' and such.

I can't see us beating Villa especially at Villa park.
Could be like the game last year where they outplayed us for 95% of it and could have won 5-1 easily, yet we came out with a fluke 2-1 win. ETH fans were incredibly impressed with that performance I recall.

I've started to really dislike him now, such arrogance not taking any sort of responsibility.
Never disliked one of our managers like this before.

Its really the usual cycle isnt it. We always seem to pull a result out of the hat when its last ditch scenario so once again expecting something like a draw vs Porto and we beat Villa and then have a borefest draw with Brentford straight after the break and get battered by Jose and Fenerbache and back to square one.