Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like how Ten Hag blames the early goal and says it made the team lose belief. But really I imagine the team thought "are these tactics shite? They definitely feel shite." And the early goal just confirmed that we were in fact, yet again, tactically shite.

Yes a reset will solve all our problems.

:confused:

More of the same will make Ten Hags situation severe? They mean more of the same shite we've had to endure for going on 2 years now. What difference will another 2 games realistically make? What more do they need to see?

It's the illusion of action. They are basically telling people that they hear them but won't do a thing.

Has he gone yet??

Seriously what's it going to take?
If we scrape a result against Porto or villa does that save him til Xmas?

The league season is already a write off now. We're going to be 9 points behind even Villa by Sunday.

He is immortal. He seems to still have the clubs backing and about 20% of the fans on here still thinks he is the right fit for us.

I like how Ten Hag blames the early goal and says it made the team lose belief. But really I imagine the team thought "are these tactics shite? They definitely feel shite." And the early goal just confirmed that we were in fact, yet again, tactically shite.

Manchester United players lost belief after conceding an early goal?

At Old Trafford?!

Again, how can any supporter or follower sit there with a straight face and say ‘This is fine’ when the manager is saying this?

ETH wasn't very popular with first-team staff before this shambles yesterday so it's another nail in the coffin, Ruud takes a lot of training sessions and meetings so he will obviously be put in temporary charge till the end of the season should Ineos sack ETH

But he hasn't shown that in his entire reign as the manager of Manchester United, why was it just going to start happening now? And as the coach of United you better win most of your games, regardless of performance, you find a way if you want to keep your job. These standards really have to improve post Ten Hag, he's done an amazing job at lowering peoples expectation
Season 1 he did OK. Nobody expect him to come in and perform miracles.

Season 2 I can grant him his excuse of a weakened team due to injuries. It will be tough for any managers.

Season 3 I expect consistency and improvement. I thought he was showing some of that but the spurs game has completely changed my mind.

You may have your own deduction and expectation. I have supported United for more than 40 years now. I do hope to see us winning EPL trophies before my end of days of course. This is my conclusion on ETH.

He is immortal. He seems to still have the clubs backing and about 20% of the fans on here still thinks he is the right fit for us.
Has to be fans of other clubs. I have a Liverpool supporting mate who really wants us to keep Ten Hag as well.

Yeah you'd think there would be some noise if he was going..

It's appaling from INEOS if he stays - they will now be as much to blame for every future results as ETH himself.

I wouldn't have expected many rumours today, they'll show a false front until they've got everything lined up and ready to pull the trigger. We can't read into anything until they show their hand.

We live in hope.

Thanks for this!

Posting a video of redknapp, to prove how right you were, has massively cheered me up this morning.

I think your comprehension has failed you. The statement I made isn’t one that can be proven right or wrong one currently. I said I think leaving the future of our young players under his care would be negligent. You can’t be “proven” right for an assertion like that until many years later, but thankfully, I’m confident he won’t be here that long.

Secondly, I posted videos of pretty much everyone that’s done post-mortem for yesterday. At least videos I’ve bothered to watch. No my fault Ten Hag is being called a bust in pretty much all of them - it’s a reflection of the work he’s done. “5 goals is 6 games” isn’t an opinion piece. It’s simply Redknapp reiterating what Ten Hag has served up.

The only reset we're doing is on Instagram and Twitter.

On the pitch, we'll get beat 3-0 again. And then we'll need to have another reset.

Yeah you'd think there would be some noise if he was going..

It's appaling from INEOS if he stays - they will now be as much to blame for every future results as ETH himself.

Yeah, I think plenty will start to lose faith in INEOS at this early stage if they keep him on.

It's the illusion of action. They are basically telling people that they hear them but won't do a thing.

Oh no doubt mate, the only conversations that will have taken place last night will have been abotu how to handle the PR fallout from this latest embarrassment.

As opposed to doing anything proactive about the managers position.

Just do it. Get him out. At this point it's worse than not having a manager at all. I don't think it's possible to get this group of players to perform any worse on a football pitch. It's literal psychological torture to watch us play under this man. You go the whole week just dreading the weekend and get a cold reminder midweek. It's mindblowing that he's still here and every day he's here we get a little further away from where we want to be.

In all seriousness, could you last until Christmas? Watching this nonsense, being a laughing stock, drifting closer to relegation teams than the top 4? I’m barely able to watch our games as it is at the moment, I’m almost trying to find other things to do on a match day.

In the end, we don't have a choice. You can't turn off your support sadly. I've started getting into the American style football which helps a little but it's never the same feeling as seeing United win and play good football.

We'll wait until Christmas and beyond, until Ineos are finally able to see what most others have known for months.

This does genuinely affect my view of Ineos though. We've brought in all these new people in positions of power, yet they're apparently unable to make good decisions about the manager. He should obviously have been sacked in the summer but it seems that we have the same kind of issue identifying potential in managers as we do in footballers, so when the obvious targets said no we gave up and stuck with Ten Hag.

Liverpool were able to spot talent in their new manager when most people barely knew who he was, but if we can't get hold of Tuchel then we're out of ideas. Let's just hand a new contract and a load of new players to the incompetent goober we have in charge!

He aims to reset by playing the exact same team vs Porto and then will probably replace Bruno with Mount vs Villa. So predictable. I'm sick of it. But also I'm sick of Rashford, Fernandes, Dalot, 4231 formation, in game management, the substitutions.

Every man and his dog can see he is finished here. The club need to put him out of his misery. He has no idea how to turn it around. Why do united always wait until it's completely toxic before they pull the trigger.

Season 2 I can grant him his excuse of a weakened team due to injuries. It will be tough for any managers.

Season 3 I expect consistency and improvement. I thought he was showing some of that but the spurs game has completely changed my mind.

You may have your own deduction and expectation. I have supported United for more than 40 years now. I do hope to see us winning EPL trophies before my end of days of course. This is my conclusion on ETH.

We have been consistent though from last season to this one. Consistently shit.

Reset :lol: So we are basically giving him one off games to save his job again. It will be an endless circle because he will be able to fluke a result in 1 out of 4 games we seem to always be giving him to save his job.

Season 2 was not good enough, there are no excuses. His performance was below what is expected of a Manchester United manager and he should have lost his job at multiple points. He made no attempt to get results despite having a weakened team, he just stuck to the 'principles' that don't work even with a full strength team. Even when he had a full strength team last season we were exactly the same as we are right now so in terms of consistency, he's incredibly consistent.

You simply cannot wait three seasons before you start asking questions of the manager. We will be absolutely no where for decades if we continue to take this approach.

I just watched the post match interview, didn't have the energy to watch it yesterday. He really can't take any responsibility at all. The transfer window was poor/late, injuries, players did everything wrong, red card, organisation changes. Everyone and everything but him is at fault. Best part is that this shit football is to be expected according to him.

Reset :lol: So we are basically giving him one off games to save his job again. It will be an endless circle because he will be able to fluke a result in 1 out of 4 games we seem to always be giving him to save his job.
Spot on can see it a mile off.
Well trundle along get a random.win vs someone like villa and it will be signs of recovery. All said in the end well finish around 10th and everyone will look an absolute fool.

Driving me insane that he gets one more try at it. It's clear it's over.

I hate to be that guy but I'd take hastening losses vs Porto and Villa if it meant he was gone. I can't do it anymore. There's no positivity or excitement.

I'm imaging Berrada with Ashworth on his right, Wilcox on his left, going around Carrington this morning proclaiming:

"Reset! Guys, it's time to reset! Reset!"

Leaving a trail of confused people in their wake.

Keeping him on was obviously the wrong call. It's clear to everyone. For every minute they dither now, they're compounding their mistake. A clear case of the sunk cost fallacy. It's terrible to watch the new guys making all the same mistakes from the old guys' playbook of "how to waste yet another season at United" (registered trademark of Ed Woodward, accountant).

I reckon he has till December. If there's no run of good results or performances, he has nowhere to hide.

If things go horribly bad (unsure how much worse it can get!) before then, he's gone. Just don't know what we then do with Ruud and Heke

I don't understand how bad things have to get or how low standards have to fall.

The last 3 years have felt like a thought experiment in just simply not having any accountability whatsoever. It started with him overseeing 6+ goal defeats to our closet rivals in one season. Less than that got Moyes sacked. It continued with overseeing us to our worst ever PL finish, something he was lucky to achieve, less than that got LVG, Mourinho and Solskjaer sacked. And now what? How bad will it have to get? We've been in genuine relegation form for about half a season across the back end of a season. Would he even survive taking us down? Perhaps the championship would be the perfect environment to implement his philosophy.

He's the worst post Ferguson manager by simple virtue of the fact that no one actually has the balls to pull the plug on him. If the club still had any standards whatsoever he would have been fired the day of the Liverpool 7-0 and we'd be having annoying arguments about how it was harsh on him and he deserved better. Instead, this.

While he's not completely wrong that he needs time to bed in the newer players, we don't have 3 years. During the time he gets from now onwards, any amount of time at all, we are going backwards and he's getting deeper and deeper into this utter mess. I cannot believe we have managed to sign all these players who have previously performed well for their clubs, who still represent their countries, and made them all unable to play football with each other. How has ETH done this? It beggars belief. ETH OUT NOW (RVN in as an interim).
He needs time as much as every other manager does. Erik isn't in a unique situation with bedding new players in or dealing with injuries. Everyone has to do it. It just so happens 99% are a lot better at it than he ever will be.

I reckon he has till December. If there's no run of good results or performances, he has nowhere to hide.

If things go horribly bad (unsure how much worse it can get!) before then, he's gone. Just don't know what we then do with Ruud and Heke

I think he’s generally got the 2 games this week and they’ll make a decision going into the international break

We aren’t winning either game in our current form