Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
He has to go. Into his 3rd season and still no pattern or style to our play. Yesterday was the last straw, totally embarrassing

I have to admit that I see an improved performance over the last 4 matches before this spurs game and was willing to give ETH till end of season to prove himself. This spurs game has nailed it for me. Even before the red card, I see a team that was disjointed and gave away the ball freely.

He can blame the team for not being up for it but he is the person who is supposed to prepare them and make sure they are up for the challenge.

Question now will be, who should we be bringing in to this 14 year long experiment?
I don’t really understand this sentiment to be honest. You saw improvement in the first few games, enough to be willing to give him an entire season, then after one game you’ve decided he should be sacked? Surely the improvement was enough and one ‘off’ game doesn’t matter?

It’s this kind of nonsense that has kept him in a job. Really, you knew he was shit but couldn’t admit it. You’ll know improvement when you see it, beating a league one team and a good 60 minutes against Palace isn’t improvement.

I don’t really understand this sentiment to be honest. You saw improvement in the first few games, enough to be willing to give him an entire season, then after one game you’ve decided he should be sacked? Surely the improvement was enough and one ‘off’ game doesn’t matter?

It’s this kind of nonsense that has kept him in a job. Really, you knew he was shit but couldn’t admit it. You’ll know improvement when you see it, beating a league one team and a good 60 minutes against Palace isn’t improvement.
There was no improvement, folks just wanted to see improvement so bad they clung on to every positive they could. In truth I'd say we are even worse because we brought in reinforcements only to be just as bad. We've regressed if anything. EtH needs to go, this squad is way better than he's making them look.

I was all for giving him a chance, I said last season he should have gone for buying Mount and Onana, that opinion softened a bit , not now it's I've had enough now and imo he's got 2 more games and he should be sacked if those next 2 games are a disaster.

RVN is waiting to take over the trouble is the noise it will make outside if OT , the Vultures have been circling ever since the FA cup final win . The best thing is for Ineos - Glazers to pull the trigger today get all the Shit off the press Etc out of the way early in season . I'm guessing RVN won't do a worse job ?
Why do we need to wait though? What could possibly happen in those 2 games that’s going to get everyone onboard again? We know how it goes from here. Keeping him in place for the next two games just means we’ll drop another 6 points. We can’t keep him in a job because we’re worried about what people will say outside of OT? People wouldn’t be talking about his job if he was doing good.

I have to admit that I see an improved performance over the last 4 matches before this spurs game and was willing to give ETH till end of season to prove himself. This spurs game has nailed it for me. Even before the red card, I see a team that was disjointed and gave away the ball freely.

He can blame the team for not being up for it but he is the person who is supposed to prepare them and make sure they are up for the challenge.

Question now will be, who should we be bringing in to this 14 year long experiment?
Exactly my thoughts. I backed him without question until yesterday.

Even if you're good sometimes you reach a tipping point where you have to go.

He's been unfortunate in the past but it's clear he has lost some players/fans and his tactics just aren't working and it isn't changing.

The only thing that'll get them back is some crazy unbeaten run to get us back up there, and that'll just never happen. We have Porto and Villa next. We'll lose both with him in charge.

There was no improvement, folks just wanted to see improvement so bad they clung on to every positive they could. In truth I'd say we are even worse because we brought in reinforcements only to be just as bad. We've regressed if anything. EtH needs to go, this squad is way better than he's making them look.
Yep, I said the same. I got a warning from a mod after saying the Barnsley result was predictable and a bunch of Ten Hag supporters claimed I was talking about the score and not the outcome, all offended because they wanted to make it about how he had guided us to a brilliant result. We haven’t improved, the system only works against teams who are inferior in every way.

Either we get news they are backing him or his out. This pressure must be addressed imo. If we hear nothing today his gone in my opinion.

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think anything is happening unless he gets pumped by Porto and/or Villa. United do not do things quickly, INEOS or not.

waiting for skysports to report that its business as usual at carrington. ETH and staff busy with european preparations. Most players had the day off or had light warmup. There is no board level meetings planned as such.

I didn't ask you a question though. Still want to talk about metrics? Like I had said, lets wait and see how we play against a decent team first.
And here's the result. Absolutely rubbish.
You jumped into a chain about tempering expectations and now are taking rubbish - Pool are definitely better than Spurs. We can talk about metrics though? It’s not like they have changed, you can just add the recent ones

His team, his players.
Out of title race in september.
No sign of style, improvement or progress.

Surely this is the end?
(Virtual high five to anyone who replies "It's not the end. And don't call me Shirley.")

Yeah, you would think so, at any normal club he would have got sacked long time ago but not here, why is that I really don't know.

No. When I mentioned I was willing to let him have a go, it was with the expectation that we maintain a certain consistency, not winning every game, but certainly not a performance like that.

Is he still at the club? Second 3-0 loss at home this season already, he’s presided over the worst defeats United have ever had. Yes he’s won a couple of trophies but it’s not good enough what we are watching and being subjected to on a weekly basis anymore. He’s not good enough to succeed as a manager at this club and needs removed.

Is he still at the club? Second 3-0 loss at home this season already, he’s presided over the worst defeats United have ever had. Yes he’s won a couple of trophies but it’s not good enough what we are watching and being subjected to on a weekly basis anymore. He’s not good enough to succeed as a manager at this club and needs removed.

Winter is coming.

No. When I mentioned I was willing to let him have a go, it was with the expectation that we maintain a certain consistency, not winning every game, but certainly not a performance like that.
But he hasn't shown that in his entire reign as the manager of Manchester United, why was it just going to start happening now? And as the coach of United you better win most of your games, regardless of performance, you find a way if you want to keep your job. These standards really have to improve post Ten Hag, he's done an amazing job at lowering peoples expectations.

You can add Casemiro to that list. De Ligt and Maz should be fine, but there's a fair few of his signings that will need shifting. I don't want to be too harsh, and I'll reserve judgement, but Ugarte hasn't impressed me so far.

Most likely mate I didn't mention him as I think he's one of the few that Ten Hag didn't identify as a signing. And there's still a lot of quesiton marks over a lot of his signings, Ugarte same but I'll give it 15-20 games before forming an opinion on him.

How can you back someone completely and then turn your back on them after 90 minutes? You're essentially saying your support isn't worth anything.
Cut them some slack, they were talking in the heat of the moment. Plucky draw against Porto and a fair few will be back to backing him unconditionally.

Nah, I'd disagree with you there to some extent.

Last season the entire structural system of the team was never going to work. We could have had some of the best players of all times in every position and it still would have failed. It was unbelievably naïve and incompetent from ETH to continue on with that all season (at least until the last four games). Based on our performances we should have finished significantly lower than what we actually did, but individual player quality bailed us out enough that we managed to finish 8th instead of 14th.

This season the general system and formation is workable. It's just the specific tactics, patterns of play and general coaching that is failing. So we've improved the most obvious and glaring problem, now we've just got all the other ones. Based on our performances we should be a bit better than what our actual standing on the ladder currently is.

So there has been an improvement. Just it's an improvement from 'unbelievably shit and worst season in the PL era' to 'still bad and nowhere near good enough'.

Following the same pattern last season with the rubbish goal difference and pathetic performances. Thanks for the 2x trophies Eric but there’s the door.

Cut them some slack, they were talking in the heat of the moment. Plucky draw against Porto and a fair few will be back to backing him unconditionally.
This is what I'm worried about. Give it another 24 hours and the usual characters will be in here talking themselves round in an echo chamber of "the red card changed the game". They go AWOL the first 48 hours after we lose but they always creep back in during the week.

Nah, I'd disagree with you there to some extent.

Last season the entire structural system of the team was never going to work. We could have had some of the best players of all times in every position and it still would have failed. It was unbelievably naïve and incompetent from ETH to continue on with that all season (at least until the last four games). Based on our performances we should have finished significantly lower than what we actually did, but individual player quality bailed us out enough that we managed to finish 8th instead of 14th.

This season the general system and formation is workable. It's just the specific tactics, patterns of play and general coaching that is failing. So we've improved the most obvious and glaring problem, now we've just got all the other ones. Based on our performances we should be a bit better than what our actual standing on the ladder currently is.

So there has been an improvement. Just it's an improvement from 'unbelievably shit and worst season in the PL era' to 'still bad and nowhere near good enough'.
I'm sorry but those improvements were just tape on a tyre puncture. When the pressure hit the tape came off easily. It was all cosmetic and of little substance.

This is what I'm worried about. Give it another 24 hours and the usual characters will be in here talking themselves round in an echo chamber of "the red card changed the game". They go AWOL the first 48 hours after we lose but they always creep back in during the week.
Stockholm syndrome is strong with this fanbase. Better the devil you know.

I said in the summer that he would be sacked by Christmas, but I actually doubt it now. No serious noise about him going anywhere regardless of how badly we do. He's staying until we're mathematically out of everything or in the relegation positions.

Sad thing is I think the players are following his instructions just as they did all last season.

If I had to guess Eriks ego doesn't allow him to see quickly that his tactics are the problem and needs adjusting. It's why we see little to no ingame management in a lot of games.

I said in the summer that he would be sacked by Christmas, but I actually doubt it now. No serious noise about him going anywhere regardless of how badly we do. He's staying until we're mathematically out of everything or in the relegation positions.
In all seriousness, could you last until Christmas? Watching this nonsense, being a laughing stock, drifting closer to relegation teams than the top 4? I’m barely able to watch our games as it is at the moment, I’m almost trying to find other things to do on a match day.

But he hasn't shown that in his entire reign as the manager of Manchester United, why was it just going to start happening now? And as the coach of United you better win most of your games, regardless of performance, you find a way if you want to keep your job. These standards really have to improve post Ten Hag, he's done an amazing job at lowering peoples expectations.

I think a lot of fans had hoped he would turn out great with time. With the Ineos backing he could start to thrive, etc. It’s not going to happen. You see other managers do great with lesser players in shorter time spans. I admit I was wrong and just wanted him to succeed without looking at the situation objectively.

Time to move on now. I really hoped we parted ways in the summer. Had probably been some angry fans, but would have been a perfect send off. Now it ends in tears.

Ineos need to show they are serious. They can rectify the mistake from the summer by acting fast and without any further delay. This is the first real test.