Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sad thing is I think the players are following his instructions just as they did all last season.

If I had to guess Eriks ego doesn't allow him to see quickly that his tactics are the problem and needs adjusting. It's why we see little to no ingame management in a lot of games.
Mitten said something interesting last week. He said that someone who had a big impact on Ten Hag was a youth coach who was infamous for his ‘stick’ instead of ‘carrot’ approach, he said Ten Hag has maintained that approach throughout his career.

Consider the fact he’s Dutch, stubborn as feck, and a disciplinarian, it’s a recipe for disaster.

I’ve been saying since last we’re in relegation form but nah, we beat a league one team so it’s all rosey

Trust the process mate. Imagine the title race in the championship next season

I’m finally relenting and changing my vote to sack. I don’t think it will happen immediately but it clear he can’t steer this ship around. Last season I truly believe there were enough mitigating circumstances to warrant another go, but this season I’ve maintained he’s got his own players, a fit squad, we have to be seeing dramatic improvement in performances and results. I thought maybe Palace was a catalyst performance but it’s clear he just can’t get that consistency we need. The positive is that I think our squad is far better than it was all be it with some glaring issues remaining. Nagelsman would be the dream appointment in my opinion.

Looks like he is still here another while then. What a joke. If he wins one of the next 2 then he is here for many months to come.

Wake me up when this nightmare is over

Last edited:
It's easy in hindsight to say ETH should have been sacked in the summer.

The reality is he was winning things, he was starting to get his own team together, he just had one of the worst injury hit seasons in our clubs history and no other great options for manager were on the market.

It was the right call to keep him on, if anything just to see if he could build on the FA Cup win.

He hasn't and its time to move him on. Its not a case of "I told you so" like some fans are running with.

INEOS have havn't done anything wrong here in my opinion.

When so many United fans and even opposition fans expected what is currently happening to happen this season then you can't say it was the right call. He should have went in June, this season has clearly shown our struggles last season were more down to tactics and Ten Hag's system than they were inuries.

The FA Cup win was great but it was off the back of a scrappy win vs Liverpool and one genuinely good performance in the final. A manager who's just overseen our worst season in decades sholdn't keep his job based on one match. The club bottled it.

Mitten said something interesting last week. He said that someone who had a big impact on Ten Hag was a youth coach who was infamous for his ‘stick’ instead of ‘carrot’ approach, he said Ten Hag has maintained that approach throughout his career.

Consider the fact he’s Dutch, stubborn as feck, and a disciplinarian, it’s a recipe for disaster.

Given the fall outs he's had with various players and his man management problems I'd be willing to believe that it true.

Not a sniff this morning about him getting sacked, I said yesterday we aren't a serious club anymore. We'll let this drag onto late October or early November until the season is virtually gone and then make a decision.

It seems no matter who is in charge of this club we still dither on these decisions. He's done just pull the fecking trigger.

While he's not completely wrong that he needs time to bed in the newer players, we don't have 3 years. During the time he gets from now onwards, any amount of time at all, we are going backwards and he's getting deeper and deeper into this utter mess. I cannot believe we have managed to sign all these players who have previously performed well for their clubs, who still represent their countries, and made them all unable to play football with each other. How has ETH done this? It beggars belief. ETH OUT NOW (RVN in as an interim).

Not a sniff this morning about him getting sacked, I said yesterday we aren't a serious club anymore. We'll let this drag onto late October or early November until the season is virtually gone and then make a decision.

It seems no matter who is in charge of this club we still dither on these decisions. He's done just pull the fecking trigger.
I don't understand INEOS to be honest. They made a big song and dance about hiring the best in class but didn't get them until the season started, yet someone (probably Brailsford and Sir Jim) decided to do a manager search over the summer and came up with nothing other than Ten Hag is the guy. So now what are Berrarda, Ashworth and Wilcox supposed to do? Sack Ten Hag even though the others have said he's the best available? Is someone else going to stick their neck out and say Brailsford and Jim got it wrong and they know a guy who's better? It seems like no one wants to make a decision because they're all new in their jobs and don't want to rock the boat.

While he's not completely wrong that he needs time to bed in the newer players, we don't have 3 years. During the time he gets from now onwards, any amount of time at all, we are going backwards and he's getting deeper and deeper into this utter mess. I cannot believe we have managed to sign all these players who have previously performed well for their clubs, who still represent their countries, and made them all unable to play football with each other. How has ETH done this? It beggars belief. ETH OUT NOW (RVN in as an interim).
There's a direct correlation between him getting more of his players and us being worse.

Morale and confidence are in the shitter that's how. Ten Hag doesn't striker me as the type of guy who's that inspiring.

We could give Erik another 3 years and I believe we'd still be struggling to finish in the top 4. He's just not suited to this league and/or this club, no amount of time is going to chaneg that.

No even a peep of him being sacked. To think Woodward was more decisive than this Avengers lot.:lol:
Winning the title by 2028 my arse. Have the decisiveness to sack your bald brother first.

I don't understand INEOS to be honest. They made a big song and dance about hiring the best in class but didn't get them until the season started, yet someone (probably Brailsford and Sir Jim) decided to do a manager search over the summer and came up with nothing other than Ten Hag is the guy. So now what are Berrarda, Ashworth and Wilcox supposed to do? Sack Ten Hag even though the others have said he's the best available? Is someone else going to stick their neck out and say Brailsford and Jim got it wrong and they know a guy who's better? It seems like no one wants to make a decision because they're all new in their jobs and don't want to rock the boat.

Yeah I don't actually beleve that Ashworth and Berrada had no input on Ten Hag staying, even though they've said as much.

Basically much like United back in 2013. By so publicly backing him, extending his contract, having everyone in a position of power saying they're fully behind him and giving him another £200m to spunk, they've basically painted themselves into a PR corner. If they sack him now they look like wallys for backing him so much over the last 4 months when sacking him in June was a tap in. What they should have done was before the final announce he would be leaving by mutual consent right after the final regardles of the result. But they dithered.

I'm losing faith in INEOS they seem to be crippled by indecision and lack and kind of decisive actions.

By not acting they are saying to the fans in OT soaked by the rain that it doesn't matter what your opinion is we are stubborn and we'll stick with him.

The patience is completely gone from the fan base and it's time to show your teeth and give us some sense of command over the situation.

Even Woodward and co would have made this decision and they were ditherers.

I can't go up to OT every week knowing this leadership has no accountability and won't make the obvious decisions when needed.

No even a peep of him being sacked. To think Woodward was more decisive than this Avengers lot.:lol:
Winning the title by 2028 my arse. Have the decisiveness to sack your bald brother first.

More like 2128 with the pace this lot move at.

I can't think of another big club where he would still be in a job tomorrow. Even the likes of Leicester and West Ham have sacked managers the season after winning trophies. We're just not a serious football club anymore.

'Gareth IN!'
And herein, I believe, lies INEOS' problem - there just isn't the manager available who we actually need. Gareth would be a compromise, a there's really no one else so we'll settle for him as he's available type appointment.

How can you back someone completely and then turn your back on them after 90 minutes? You're essentially saying your support isn't worth anything.

Classic RedCafe. Remember the first "Ole out" poll on here? Unfortunately, votes could be changed, and the results would sway after every win/loss/draw. Some weeks most wanted him out, while others, most wanted him in.

Thankfully, this poll can't be changed, as you just know after we beat Southampton and Barnsley, loads would have changed their vote to keep him.

Next week should be identifying a replacement and bringing in someone over the international break or at least preparing for a Ruud interim while shortlising managers.

If Ineos use the same speed as they did in the summer than he will be here for some weeks or months. Just sack him and get it over with. We can’t get much worse than we are playing now.

Next week should be identifying a replacement and bringing in someone over the international break or at least preparing for a Ruud interim while shortlising managers.

They should have Ruud in today - and work on identifying the replacement to start in a weeks time.

It's negligent to have him still in charge.

Yes a reset will solve all our problems.

But more of the same will see focus on Erik ten Hag’s position become severe.

:confused:

More of the same will make Ten Hags situation severe? They mean more of the same shite we've had to endure for going on 2 years now. What difference will another 2 games realistically make? What more do they need to see?

Now ineos are failing us. Nobody wants to take this glorious. Club serious. It’s beyond a joke now. This is how we right off Ole’s last season.

They could and should be working on that as we speak never mind waiting until next week, conducting negotiations this week and then having an appointment in place for next monday.

I doubt they are doing any of that though.

It's easy in hindsight to say ETH should have been sacked in the summer.

The reality is he was winning things, he was starting to get his own team together, he just had one of the worst injury hit seasons in our clubs history and no other great options for manager were on the market.

It was the right call to keep him on, if anything just to see if he could build on the FA Cup win.

He hasn't and its time to move him on. Its not a case of "I told you so" like some fans are running with.

INEOS have havn't done anything wrong here in my opinion.
What alternate universe were you living in?

Yes, absolutely.

I'm hearing zero noise about a sacking, which is worrying.

Yeah you'd think there would be some noise if he was going..

It's appaling from INEOS if he stays - they will now be as much to blame for every future results as ETH himself.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yo, calm down sharp hairline brother.