Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think this is the first time I've been fully on board with team sack. This season just feels like a write off, with a how far can he get before we sack him feel to it. The real question is making sure we get the right manager in next. In that vain, I've got no issue with ETH sitting in the seat a little longer as we go about securing them in the background.

I think this is the first time I've been fully on board with team sack. This season just feels like a write off, with a how far can he get before we sack him feel to it. The real question is making sure we get the right manager in next. In that vain, I've got no issue with ETH sitting in the seat a little longer as we go about securing them in the background.

Surely Ineos would have been working on this in the background since May? You don’t get that close to sacking a manager and then just not work on a contingency. Keeping him was a risk and they would have known full well things might go tits up again in the new season.

As for keeping him in longer, why? I’d take RvN as an interim in a heartbeat over keeping Ten Hag in a second longer. Everyone knows he’s done and you cannot effectively lead a team from such a position.

Who knows what RvN would be like. Could be terrible, could be equally bad, but at least it would be different, and at least there’s a chance it would be better. Even the most basic new manager bounce would be welcome right now.

This is what pisses me off so much. fecking last season was already a write off, and then everyone was just fine with keeping a piss poor guy in charge to tank yet another season.

If we give him enough time to complete his "process", we'll be competing with City for the title. In the 10th tier.

Forget about winning, we never even do the basics right. Our play from back is atrocious. We keep having to make risky passes when the other team is pressing, and, on occasion, when we somehow get past that then as soon as someone has a little space to make an intelligent pass we give it all up by giving the ball away. There is no excuse for that, 3 years of coaching should at least have improved some of it but we have gotten worse. I am always wishing we just hoof it up every time, at least we will be in the opponents half with the ball 20% of the time by sheer luck.

On the other hand, our pressing in opponent's half is probably not even in top-15 of the league. Our fitness levels are too low for any effective press and we just mostly give others space applying no pressure at all or when we do apply presure they find it too easy to slice through us and counter. Our pressing never seems practised or purposeful, its just some player trying to chase the ball on their own while others are moving around randomly without any sync.

How can we change the vote?

Have to change mine to Sack. Wanted to give him the benefit of doubt ... Freak offsides, shambolic Case, inability to convert chances, etc.
But last night first half was just dire. As bad as anything, if not worse, than last season. I have had it with trying to support ETH. No manager can be worse than this.

It'll be disappointing if he's sacked now. INEOS gave the fans what they wanted knowing full well it would render this season pointless before a ball was even kicked. Let him see out the full season for the fans that were extremely vocal about supporting him over the club itself.

This season is going exactly as expected. Why are people shocked and changing their minds now? If we have a decent half hour or so against Porto then I'm sure some will be back to supporting him.

If we give him enough time to complete his "process", we'll be competing with City for the title. In the 10th tier.
:lol: At the end of his tenure, he's going to do a press conference and rip off the prosthetic mask to reveal it was Kevin Keegan all along. Then he's going to perform Hit 'Em Up and rap about planning this for the last 18-years.

what’s the chances he’s called in this morning for a meeting and then sacked? We have 2 tough away games coming up. Would be harsh to give him them games and make him get even more embarrassed. Just save him and us the embarrassment, we can still save this season.

It'll be disappointing if he's sacked now. INEOS gave the fans what they wanted knowing full well it would render this season pointless before a ball was even kicked. Let him see out the full season for the fans that were extremely vocal about supporting him over the club itself.

This season is going exactly as expected. Why are people shocked and changing their minds now? If we have a decent half hour or so against Porto then I'm sure some will be back to supporting him.

Well if that's how Ineos are running the ship then united really are in trouble. While fan opinion should be considered the buck stops with the owners to make decisions. I'm sure they felt he was the right/best choice for the job after their review. I wouldn't have thought Tim from accounts at nandos opinion swayed it too much.

Another season wash down the toilet in just 6 games into the season. 1 league and 1 FA cup doesn't justify any reason of him staying. All these stupid pressing enable teams to crave us open again and again. Tell me who did ETH sign in the last 3 years impresses me? Not Antony, not Casement, not Hoijund, not Malacia, not Eriksen, not Martinez, not Onana. It is just a bloody shitshow as far as I am concern. All fingers pointing to ETH, please sack him by today.

Well if that's how Ineos are running the ship then united really are in trouble. While fan opinion should be considered the buck stops with the owners to make decisions. I'm sure they felt he was the right/best choice for the job after their review. I wouldn't have thought Tim from accounts at nandos opinion swayed it too much.
I think any justification of giving ten Hag this season to waste from INEOS shows we are still in trouble. He had to be sacked.

I voted sack earlier and this season only reaffirms that view. We are wasting precious time and resources with him. He has cost us top 4 again and Ineos have egg on their face now - huge blunder form their end. We mock Chelsea Bohley but they’re playing so much better than we are.

Should have been sacked after the FA Cup, but the club were blinded by one good performance after a season of almost universal shit. Even in the FA Cup we only really had the City game as a genuinely impressive performance. The Liverpool win was fantastic but we could so easily have lost that game, and then we had the Coventry game...

BUT having not sacked him, given him the summer, having given him more players that he wanted they can't sack him 6 games in without looking weak and disorganised. So I think it'll take a few more appalling defeats before he goes. I'd guess late October/early November.

Should have been sacked after the FA Cup, but the club were blinded by one good performance after a season of almost universal shit. Even in the FA Cup we only really had the City game as a genuinely impressive performance. The Liverpool win was fantastic but we could so easily have lost that game, and then we had the Coventry game...

BUT having not sacked him, given him the summer, having given him more players that he wanted they can't sack him 6 games in without looking weak and disorganised. So I think it'll take a few more appalling defeats before he goes. I'd guess late October/early November.

I think it looks far, far weaker waiting until their hand is completely forced and we’re even further behind. Much better to get it done asap and move on.

His team, his players.
Out of title race in september.
No sign of style, improvement or progress.

Surely this is the end?
(Virtual high five to anyone who replies "It's not the end. And don't call me Shirley.")

An elite club he would have been sacked after the 7:0 against Liverpool. One of the worst days in my life as a United fan. Then he should have been sacked again after finishing rock bottom in a group with Copenhagen and Galatasaray. Then sacked again after the disaster against Crystal Palace. Then sacked again after finishing 8th with a negative GD. Then sacked again after the 3:0 against Liverpool at Old Trafford. And then be sacked again today.

But this isn't an elite club. Failure and mediocrity are virtues to be celebrated here. The highest virtues. He is the perfect man for the job.

Sack him today and we can salvage this season. There's no reason this squad can't finish Top 4. Absolutely no reason. I'm certain in the Interim Ruud could galvanize this team and then long term we get a manager with a solid identity that fits the long term plan of INEOS as well. We are Manchester United for crying out loud, enough of these lowering of standards. Even if we don't attain it, let's still aim for the stars.

Everyone saying this is unacceptable, last straw and he needs to go etc - this was said halfway through last season. It was so diabolical beyond the injury excuse. Yet many then incredulously clamoured for him to stay based on the final match of last season. It’s the same systemic problems regardless of the players he has

I want the names of the people on the board who decided to keep after concluding that no one is better than him.
I don't think that's what happened. That's one version sure and mostly coming from Ten Hag. But I think INEOS looked at the situation and decided that the manager legit excuses behind under-performing last season.
1. Massive injuries particularly to the backline
2. No structure in place to help him build his team and implement his style.

The question was, should they change a manager or would that be hasty decision. Specially given that none of the managers before him had immense success. I still think they were right in giving him another opportunity. Because I can tell you one thing, the fanbase would be divided than it already is if they sacked him at the end of last season.

Unfortunately, things change very quickly in football. He had time to fix all the issues, get new players in, etc. But time is up. He doesn't have any excuses this season, and there is nothing to suggest that he can turn it around now. Because he hasn't done so from the Liverpool game, and definitely not from last season.

It was not just the club though, in fact the club were more reasonable in their stance, offering ETH just a contract extension, their logic was probably to wait until a perfect fit came along, instead of going through 2 managers to get to the final destination. All the journos, twitter tacticos, majority of the fans all changed their stance after the FA cup final, ETH had overwhelming support, so loud in fact that INEOS would have been made the big evil if they sacked him. You had journos like Andy Mitten showing ETH his twitter poll showing support for him after the FA cup win, incredible stuff. The complete and utter dross we watched all season long was forgotten, United fans love a romantic story, the 5% hope that things will work out, pointing out to Fergies initial struggles, the performative nonsense about showing they are proper reds because they back the manager etc, the list goes on.

We play the worst football under him, a terrible press, gaps everywhere on the pitch, non-existent attacking patterns and are probably the biggest underperformers in the league given the squad quality, I also don't agree with people saying our attack is useless and can't score goals, these players are capable of scoring goals, just not under ETH. Even Saka, Martinelli, Trossard and Havertz would be useless in United, because the system and coaching counts for a lot.

His time is running out, it feels like a matter of when not if now. He just doesn't have the capability to turn this around and play proper football.

I was all for giving him a chance, I said last season he should have gone for buying Mount and Onana, that opinion softened a bit , not now it's I've had enough now and imo he's got 2 more games and he should be sacked if those next 2 games are a disaster.

RVN is waiting to take over the trouble is the noise it will make outside if OT , the Vultures have been circling ever since the FA cup final win . The best thing is for Ineos - Glazers to pull the trigger today get all the Shit off the press Etc out of the way early in season . I'm guessing RVN won't do a worse job ?

Changed my vote to sack.

I still don’t believe he is as bad a coach as many think but he has shat the bad here and not a chance he turns it around now.

Time to cut our losses.