Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
just sack him.
Ruud can take over for Porto and Villa, and we get the new man in during the international break.
Nagelsman would be my choice but could be difficult to get him.

Well going by what we saw today, it seems like he has lost the dressing room, there's no other explanation for that sad pathetic first half performance today. Sure, there were rattled by the early goal but they got humiliated after that. I think the club top brass/ownership is definitely seeing this, they don't see a future with him and he's a goner at this point, it's a matter of when.

One of the hallmarks of Ten Hags era is slow starts to games. it has plagued us for 3 seasons now. We are generally a very lethargic undynamic team.

Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
58​
28​
9​
21​
79​
81​
-2​
93​

This is our League Results since the win against Newcastle in the cup Final. That's a 48.28% win percentage and a 36.21% loss percentage.
  • Man City 140 scored
  • Arsenal 139 scored
  • Liverpool 135 scored
  • Newcastle 126 scored
  • Tottenham 110 scored
  • Aston Villa 109 scored
  • Chelsea 109 scored
  • Brighton 98 scored
  • West Ham 85 scored
  • Brentford 85 scored
  • Fulham 82 scored
  • Crystal Palace 81 scored
These are all the teams that have managed to score more goals in the same time period.
VP89 looks at that and says 'that's fine' stand by our manager.

One of the hallmarks of Ten Hags era is slow starts to games. it has plagued us for 3 seasons now. We are generally a very lethargic undynamic team.

It predates him tbh. Under Rangnick we were incredibly low energy. How that’s still the case with all the squad turnover is wild.

We consistently look like we are playing at a speed several levels below other football teams. The amount of times our players are walking or receiving a pass flat footed.

The irony is that that low tempo then suddenly gets transformed into a direct long pass that invariably goes to the opposition.

I fear the appointment of Southgate or similar might lead to a reasonable improvement purely by having the team setup in a more conventional way. It could allow an average coach to get a longer opportunity. We need to brave with the appointment and accept there will be some teething issues.

I get not wanting to be knee jerk, but surely the new Board realises they cannot have another season of utter failure in the league before even a quarter of the season is over.

Unless, through some miraculous turnaround, we go on a winning run of 10 games, I just cannot understand how his job is tenable currently. Surely the powers that be have lined up enough highly skilled individuals in the correct positions at this club to take a decision on what needs to be done.
When we drop points to Villa next weekend, we'll be either 8 or 9 points behind Chelsea in 4th.

Top 4 will be gone for the new manager coming in.

We'll have to put all our eggs in winning Europa League, probably having to play an extra knockout round as I don't see us finishing top 8 in the group stage.

Players completely gave up on him and couldn't even be bothered to provide any type of reaction until we fell 2-0 down with a man down. Couldn't win duels, couldn't win second balls, have zero cohesion or understanding of each other in possession, etc.

I think keeping him this summer under the contract terms he was on and in a situation where Ashworth and Berrada were not bedded in was reasonable, but at this point there's no signs of anything other than continued embarrassment. There is no uptick coming, and somehow within 6 matches his tactical setup has again reverted to a complete farce like last season after some initial underlying signs of promise.

It wouldn't be rash in the slightest to sack him tomorrow morning and give Ruud the interim tag while starting to do a full and thorough vetting of external candidates. In fact, it would be a sign of a proactive approach from the board.

Well you asked me a question and the answer was basically everyone apart from 2 teams. Not saying the results have been good enough but we’ve been the ‘better’ team in 5/7 games.
I didn't ask you a question though. Still want to talk about metrics? Like I had said, lets wait and see how we play against a decent team first.
And here's the result. Absolutely rubbish.

Yep. It has been ETH’s failing, but has since become the first failing of the new decision-makers too. A complete inability to establish any sort of set of standards. At United results like this have become acceptable and expected, rather than the type of event that makes people’s continued employment untenable.

I’m a season ticket holder in the Stretford End, who never leaves early and spends every match standing and chanting, but I find it increasingly weird how part of the fanbase there wants to offer unconditional support to the team and manager, rather than getting mutinous.
For the manager yes, but for the team? Can't speak for the fans in the Stretford End specifically, but from what I've noticed here, the most militantly pro-manager fans are usually the ones who are most willing to blame / call for the heads of the players, the positional coaches, the directors, and the tea lady.

He is a dead man walking. He always was when the club was looking for a new manager prior to the FA Cup final.

Why did anyone think that a new season would bring anything different?

We all like the idea of ETH, but the reality of him doesn't fit the reputation. No one can say what Ten Hag football is after 3 years.

There can be no excuses. We are the worst coached team in the Premier League. And that is despite him signing half his Ajax team.

Scott McTominay scored for Napoli today and very nearly got 2 when he hit the bar. Napoli are top of Serie A.

952691d3e0472d7bc8c1ec06e2b034e51094f5ae.pnj

Since Ten Hag arrived our overall goal difference in the league is +11. I'll admit it, I like a lot of supporters was won over by his reputation for progressive tactics, but it just hasn't stood up to the light of day outside the Eredivisie. We've spent so much money bringing in Ajax players to accommodate him and without seemingly any return. I think its safe to say at this point that he's had his chance.

Since Ten Hag arrived our overall goal difference in the league is +11. I'll admit it, I like a lot of supporters was won over by his reputation for progressive tactics, but it just hasn't stood up to the light of day outside the Eredivisie. We've spent so much money bringing in Ajax players to accommodate him and without seemingly any return. I think its safe to say at this point that he's had his chance.
Yeah he's basically done. No idea how he would turn it around, too much of a low after today.

ESPN slaughtered him. Just a clip:

at one point they were laughing at the suggestion that "there's no one that could do a better job". one of the pundits said you wouldn't be able to convince him that there's anyone that COULDN'T do better

A very expensive failed project that will take a long time to reverse.

If you want an idea as to how many new accounts are being made just to vote to Back ETH every day, despite some unknown number of genuine voters changing to Sack after the result, the Back vote has increased by 5 since pre-match.
SEG PR team working overtime to save his job

If you want an idea as to how many new accounts are being made just to vote to Back ETH every day, despite some unknown number of genuine voters changing to Sack after the result, the Back vote has increased by 5 since pre-match.
Far as I can tell votes cannot be changed.

I think the time has come for banners to be flown to make the feelings of the fans at/outside Old Trafford known to the board.

For me the biggest issue is time; if we want to be title contenders by 2028 then half of this season can be very useful for a new manager to settle in. We could even regain top 4 this season with the new manager bounce just like low tier teams avoid relegation.

It seems like the manager INEOS wants currently is unavailable/in another job or they simply do not know yet who they want which again effects our time.

It predates him tbh. Under Rangnick we were incredibly low energy. How that’s still the case with all the squad turnover is wild.

We consistently look like we are playing at a speed several levels below other football teams. The amount of times our players are walking or receiving a pass flat footed.

The irony is that that low tempo then suddenly gets transformed into a direct long pass that invariably goes to the opposition.

I fear the appointment of Southgate or similar might lead to a reasonable improvement purely by having the team setup in a more conventional way. It could allow an average coach to get a longer opportunity. We need to brave with the appointment and accept there will be some teething issues.
I agree, the issues have predated ETH but they seem even more apparent now. I'd say defensively, we look so vulnerable and easy to play through, it's worse than previous managers, despite ETH getting new players in. The gulf in class between Spurs and United in the first half today was shocking.

I have to admit that I see an improved performance over the last 4 matches before this spurs game and was willing to give ETH till end of season to prove himself. This spurs game has nailed it for me. Even before the red card, I see a team that was disjointed and gave away the ball freely.

He can blame the team for not being up for it but he is the person who is supposed to prepare them and make sure they are up for the challenge.

Question now will be, who should we be bringing in to this 14 year long experiment?

Goldbridge still talking shit "it's the players not the manger"
Man is on ETH's payroll, I swear.

I still think the players were more to blame for the early results than tactics were.

This week it’s gone back to being horribly flawed tactically.

SEG PR team working overtime to save his job

Not sure if the votes are shown chronologically, but the last few names in the "back" option are all newbies. Some of these accounts don't even have posts:

2be323ff1f69c237eeda3eb089f0b6bfa7082163.pnj

I think its come to a point where he needs to go. Sure some players are diabolic but good managers don't need 3 seasons and 500mil plus backing to play the way we do.

We have zero identity, I have no idea how we want to play and that is all on the manager and ultimately, he is responsible.

Problem is that we have accepted mediocrity and become too soft, I am sure with these performances ETH won' last 3 months at a serious club.

I really like him and I think players performances don't help but again something has to change and unfortunately its him. He needs to go, and needs to go right NOW.

No more delays, we will only be delaying the inevitable.