Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Goldbridge still talking shit "it's the players not the manger"
Man is on ETH's payroll, I swear.

Imagine claiming that it's "the same old players", when the manager has spent the guts of £400m across two summers on transfers, and has flogged off Ronaldo, AWB, Mctomminay, Martial, Sancho among others. He's a parody at this point.

If Erik gets to stay another moment then Ineos lost all credits. How can the manager be beaten at home by Liverpool and Spurs by 3 continue to remain at the club? If you don't want to pay Erik then humiliate him by moving him to assistant manager and put Ruud in-charge, I am pretty sure he will quit immediately. Prepare to see Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Newcastle to come to Old Trafford to dominate us. Worst manager that I have seen since I supported this club 40 years ago.

Any rumours about him getting sacked? Only at United can you survive these kind of performances and still keep your job. Madrid would have fired him at HT.
Yeah I'd have thought we'd have heard some rumblings in the press by now if something was imminent. The club would brief the journos like they did when we were sacking Ole and Moyes.

It's weird now little rumours there are about his job

Can they even afford to sack him right now?

What still really bothers me is why Ineos allowed all these Dutch/ex player thing to continue, it just weird, and makes you think they'll give him alot more time yet.

The writing was on the wall a long time ago.

He should have been sacked 5 times by now.

How he managed to hoodwink so many on here is beyond me. Since the League Cup win, he's been an abject manager in every facet.

For all the talk about our improvement this season, we're 3rd bottom in xGA after 6 games.

And we made Spurs look like Pep's Barcelona in that 1st half. Clueless manager.

'This felt like the end for Ten Hag - if not now, very soon'

From the first whistle, Spurs were all over United like a rash
United started dreadfully and went into a rapid decline, somehow surviving until half-time as Spurs carved them open on countless occasions but could not add a second.

There was no shape to United. They lacked direction and leadership. There is no identity, nothing to clarify what strategy Ten Hag has

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cwy90e2dpkgo

Wasn't it revealed that he has contacts to that agency Ten Hag uses? Pretty sure that's how he got the exclusive with Hojlund last season.

Of course he is. this was one of his collaborators about him, earlier today:

also, i get that Rasmus is a young player and boyhood United fan, and naturally he would have followed these guys before joining - I even remember when we were chasing him, how he was interacting with some of these content creators - but as a United player now, he needs to create some distance between himself and these platforms. Being pally pally with Goldbridge on Whatsapp and the like is not the move.

He's cooked.

I had no problem keeping him going into this season, deadwood players & injuries last year were reasonably valid excuses.

But nearly half the first team has now changed, and we don't have the injuries, yet.

But the same problems are still there, and arguably getting worse.

Looking back at this video, just makes me angry. Remember Alan Shearer getting stick for being too harsh, but he was 100% correct, and anyone with sense knew it. ETH as usual refuses to accept any responsibility. Really wish we could turn back the clock and do what needed to be done.

Of course he is. this was one of his collaborators about him, earlier today:

also, i get that Rasmus is a young player and boyhood United fan, and naturally he would have followed these guys before joining - I even remember when we were chasing him, how he was interacting with some of these content creators - but as a United player now, he needs to create some distance between himself and these platforms. Being pally pally with Goldbridge on Whatsapp and the like is not the move.

I wish they could come out with some proof that he is on ETH's payroll. That would probably ruin his channel.

It's just mad how rarely we win now.

The last 6 months especially. It feels like we win about once a month at most, it's so fecking grim.

Standards have never been lower, a decent 45 minutes against a shite winless Crystal Palace was hailed as some incredible sign of progress.

I wish they could come out with some proof that he is on ETH's payroll. That would probably ruin his channel.

He was a financial fraud copper before the youtube grift. I don't think he's on a "payroll" per se - it's more about "access". He's always going to deflect/avoid being critical of the managers/players/people he has relationships with, but yeah, I expect eventually one of his disgruntled producers will leak something

This guy has no idea what he is doing, as was mentioned in the post game, he is out of his element. He has lost the room, he has lost the trust. The only thing that would be worse, Southgate!

How on earth he's still in a job after how we've played for the past year beggars belief honestly. He's turned us into a mid table side.

I get not wanting to sack him after winning the FA Cup but he shouldn't have even made it until then with the shitshow he presided over in the league and Champions League.

He's a disgrace. But he was god awful last year and Ineos were delighted with him so why should he try anything different?

Goldbridge is Ten Hag out, he just won't openly say it because he wants access to interviews in the future.

Is there anyone who was not yet convinced, but who this Spurs match finally convinced that it’s time for him to go? I’m just curious really, to me it seems like more of the same that we’ve been getting for months on end (ignoring the summer break), but the reaction seems stronger this time.

It was Spurs. Spurs of all teams, and without their best player no less. It's like being beaten 3-0 by your cats.

Winning the FA Cup was great last year. I enjoyed it, I cheered, I was happy and all that. But Spurs? Fecking Spurs at home? 3-0. Spurs. 3-0 to Spurs? At home? Feck off.

We're not even bobbins anymore. We're just bo. Putting any more effort than that into describing how shite we are is just pointless. Ten Hag has been given time, he's been given his players, he even has a fecking midfield unlike Ole. And where are we?! Sitting in 12th with no sign that things are going to magically change.

Fecking Spurs...

I get not wanting to be knee jerk, but surely the new Board realises they cannot have another season of utter failure in the league before even a quarter of the season is over.

Unless, through some miraculous turnaround, we go on a winning run of 10 games, I just cannot understand how his job is tenable currently. Surely the powers that be have lined up enough highly skilled individuals in the correct positions at this club to take a decision on what needs to be done.

It was Spurs. Spurs of all teams, and without their best player no less. It's like being beaten 3-0 by your cats.

Winning the FA Cup was great last year. I enjoyed it, I cheered, I was happy and all that. But Spurs? Fecking Spurs at home? 3-0. Spurs. 3-0 to Spurs? At home? Feck off.

We're not even bobbins anymore. We're just bo. Putting any more effort than that into describing how shite we are is just pointless. Ten Hag has been given time, he's been given his players, he even has a fecking midfield unlike Ole. And where are we?! Sitting in 12th with no sign that things are going to magically change.

Fecking Spurs...
And honestly 3-0 flatters us. We would have been at the end of an embarrassing thrashing had it not been for Onana and their shite finishing.

Fecking Spurs...
Fecking ETH you mean...

I'm sure the Glazers would have sacked him by now. What the feck is Ratcliffe waiting for. Not looking good for INEOS, they need to show they can be ruthless.
At this point, they need to show competence. Ruthlessness is what Madrid show when they sack a new manager 10 games into a new season because they didn’t win the last 2. Right now, sacking ETH is nothing but common sense.

And he knows this. You could tell it in the post match interview, he just knows he will never get sacked, at least until the summer. He isn't bothered the slightest.
His quotes don't mean much. There are so many managers that keep saying the club and owners are strongly with me and then get fired within a week.

The squad is fine. Should easily be competing for top 4. Of course we have some players like Casemiro, Eriksen, Bruno, Maguire who need replacing but it's way better than what it's showing.
Individually, I’d take all of our squad over Spurs. ETH is ruining Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund, Rashford, feck me, the whole team.

I feel numb. These defeats don't even elicit a reaction from me. I can't even be bothered to cuss to myself or the TV or monitor I'm watching this tripe on. There's just no energy to even do that.

This is the state I'm in with this current United setup. I have no idea who's even available out there to provide all the answers or turn the ship around.

Individually, I’d take all of our squad over Spurs. ETH is ruining Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund, Rashford, feck me, the whole team.
Completely agree. Hojlund and Garnacho don't look any better technically than they were an year ago. Still very heavy touches, erratic with their passing. Clearly shows they will stagnate if it continues like this.

Where are all the ETH supporters?

I cordially invite all of them to join the Ten Hag out crew. It’s gone too far. Ten Hag is finished. Let’s move on.

Is there anyone who was not yet convinced, but who this Spurs match finally convinced that it’s time for him to go? I’m just curious really, to me it seems like more of the same that we’ve been getting for months on end (ignoring the summer break), but the reaction seems stronger this time.
Well going by what we saw today, it seems like he has lost the dressing room, there's no other explanation for that sad pathetic first half performance today. Sure, there were rattled by the early goal but they got humiliated after that. I think the club top brass/ownership is definitely seeing this, they don't see a future with him and he's a goner at this point, it's a matter of when.

The absolute lack of self awareness. If your primary focus was wanting the club to win you wouldn’t have backed ten hag to the hilt. Either that or your judgment is actually horrendous. Everyone was telling you but you thought you are much smarter than the rest, how’s that turning out?
He doesn't support United. He supports an entrenched view point. He's dug his heels in. Pathetic, stubborn.

It is the players as well today, but that does not give ETH amnesty. You can't keep losing duel after duel for 45 minutes, and passing into the opposition without even being pressed. No matter which plan the coach sets, if you can't or are not willing to execute these two basic requirements, it will be vain any tactic.

Dalot didn't bother chasing Johnson after Rashy lost the ball for the first goal. He jogged lightly for 60 yards behind him, never once trying to sprint and get in front of him and prevent a goal. Outcome was, he had a free tap in, and Dalot holding his head in shame immediately, knowing that he fecked up.

The two that can hold their head high today were Onana and Mazraoui.