• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gary Neville at Valencia

• 28 games • 11 losses • 39 goals • 38 goals conceded

Ten Hag

• last 28 games • 13 losses • 35 goals • 45 goals conceded

To say that this guy is a clown would be an understatement

It feels like with every passing hour, a more damning stat is brought up.

You could tell when it was over for Moyes, Ole, Mourinho. It's over for ETH. He won't be the manager next season. The question is when INEOS make the change. They can make it soon and try to save the season. Or they can wait and watch this get worse and be forced to change. We've seen over and over again, how ugly it can get.

Ten Hag took over United 3 months before Unai Emery took over at Villa when they were 18th. Villa are playing Bayern Munich this week, while we’re 12th.

I think they’ll wait to see if we get negative results against Porto and Villa.

Porto away and Villa away would not be a good first two games for a new manager/Ruud to take on.
And that will show that they're just as incompetent as Woodward.
The question is simple and straightforward:

Is ETH likely to eventually turn things around and make United successful again by winning the Champions League and the Premiership?

Two possible answers:
"Yes" he will.
In which case keep him (and pigs will fly)
or
"No" he will not. In which case what's the point of keeping him even one day longer?
It's the equivalent of an incompetent doctor (ETH) treating an ill patient (Man Utd) by administering an experimental medication that isn't working, and is actually making the condition worse.
You don't say "We'll keep this incompetent doctor for another few weeks or months, and allow him to keep administering this experimental medication that is worsening his condition, until we can appoint a competent doctor who can treat the patient with the correct medication."

Surely it's better to sack him now, and get a locum in for the time being, until a permanent appointment of a competent doctor can be made.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Ten Hag took over United 3 months before Unai Emery took over at Villa when they were 18th. Villa are playing Bayern Munich this week, while we’re 12th.
Ok but Emery had it much easier, his squad was almost complete. Don’t forget what EtH said today - Ugarte didn’t have a full pre season with a team. Emery can’t say the same.

He's fecking awful, get rid of this cnut who has burdened us with the likes of Antony and Onana, to name two.

I was against sacking him last season because I couldn't see how anyone could do better than him. Now I can't see how anyone could do any worse. He has no style, no character and he's a total failure in any competition that actually matters.

Today was further evidence that ETH is unable to get a response from this group of players. Once again we saw so-called senior players offering nothing and it is clear that they could not care less about our great club and the shirt they should be honoured to wear. The debate about the manager is warranted, but not enough has been said about the players themselves. It may be prudent to get rid of ETH now, and RVN seems to be a sensible interim appointment. However, RVN would need to lay down the law with the bad element within the dressing room. Price tags should not guarantee first team starts - dropping some of the 'undroppables' would help to set the right tone.

Just wondering, how many of these players Ten Hag brought in or promoted?

okay cmon , step forward those that were hoodwinked by one game , changed their vote to "keep" on the caf survey post fa cup , and then signed the petition wanting ETH to stay

bloke is an absloute dud , how the board were hoodwinked by 1 game and began throwing out contract extensions remains comical....

Emery is an interesting one. The job he's done at Villa is staggering given their resources and initial starting position.

To put it into perspective, since the League Cup Win here our the stats for the league:

Club​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
Man City​
57​
43​
10​
4​
140​
48​
92​
139​
Arsenal​
58​
39​
10​
8​
139​
54​
85​
130​
Liverpool​
59​
38​
14​
7​
135​
62​
73​
128​
Aston Villa​
58​
32​
12​
13​
109​
78​
31​
111​
Newcastle​
59​
29​
11​
18​
126​
87​
39​
101​
Man Utd​
58​
28​
9​
21​
79​
81​
-2​
93​
Tottenham​
57​
27​
10​
20​
110​
94​
16​
91​
Chelsea​
58​
25​
13​
19​
107​
92​
15​
89​

4th highest points in the league, 5th best GD. 4th best Goals conceded. So fecking impressive.

The poll and the last 2 matches says it all..the manager has lost the players and the fans. Seems impossible to turn it round now. But who the hell comes in...we need someone to bring enthusiasm to the club, and go back to footballing basics like defending, running, passing and scoring. The simple stuff that we just don't do anymore.

Tuchel is literally sat at home twiddling his thumbs.

Him or Inzaghi.

Emery is an interesting one. The job he's done at Villa is staggering given their resources and initial starting position.

To put it into perspective, since the League Cup Win here our the stats for the league:

Club​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
Man City​
57​
43​
10​
4​
140​
48​
92​
139​
Arsenal​
58​
39​
10​
8​
139​
54​
85​
130​
Liverpool​
59​
38​
14​
7​
135​
62​
73​
128​
Aston Villa​
58​
32​
12​
13​
109​
78​
31​
111​
Newcastle​
59​
29​
11​
18​
126​
87​
39​
101​
Man Utd​
58​
28​
9​
21​
79​
81​
-2​
93​
Tottenham​
57​
27​
10​
20​
110​
94​
16​
91​
Chelsea​
58​
25​
13​
19​
107​
92​
15​
89​

4th highest points in the league, 5th best GD. 4th best Goals conceded. So fecking impressive.

It's so impressive that I'd consider him an option despite his failure at Arsenal and PSG. Particularly how he got them playing the way he wanted. Forget the results, how he got them playing is the most impressive part imo.

I am so glad we built this summer a team of a dozen football experts, whom after careful consideration, decided that the best way forward is to burn another season with a clown in charge.

Honestly, as incompetent as Ed Woodward was, he would have sacked this disgrace of a manager several times.

I have been a Utd supporter since I was a kid and remember the Munich air disaster and saw grown men weep. I have seen numerous managers come and go from Sir Matt Busby, the likes of Frank O’Farrell, Dave Sexton and Tommy Docherty plus of course Sir Alex Ferguson. In all that time I can say I have never seen Utd serve up the rubbish football of Eric ten Hag. The above named managers were, apart from Sir Matt, sacked for playing poor football and not winning an awful lot, until Sir Alex arrived on the scene. His era was the best seen in the history of English football in my memory. I stopped going to O.T. when the Glazers arrived and have never been there since, as I consider them as leaches. However, I am now at the stage where I am finding it difficult to watch Utd play on TV because in my opinion this is the worst I have ever seen them play in my lifetime. EtH has got to go and go soon or we could get sucked into a relegation battle even this early in the season. I am getting on in years and would love to see Utd win, or even challenge for, the title before it’s too late. I get more enjoyment at present reading the redcafe postings than watching Utd so thanks to every one of you for your comments. Hope you see a Utd triumph soon,
From a true Red to all of you.

He gone yet? How is he still talking about a process etc? He's no clue...

Season 1: Ditched playing out from the back after two games to a more counter attack approach, sitting in a mid block.

Season 2: Suddenly decides we're gonna be the best transition team in the world (whatever the feck that means). We get a shitshow of end to end kamikaze ball. Shocking season, injuries yes but way overstated. "Saved" by the fa cup.

Season 3: Perhaps with intervention from INEOS, now seeking more control in games/the new game model, but heh - it'll take time.

So 3rd season and still no defined style/set up that you can as a minimum, see signs of being put into place and you're left wondering what the hell we do in training... What a mess.

Thing is, Spurs weren't "outstanding", at all. Neither were Liverpool. They just did the basics and accepted the gifts they were given by the fecking pub team in front of them.

Guy is survivor. Watch us beating both of them with some scrappy 1:0 wins.
He is a survivor but not because he is doing anything right. We can lose both of those games 3-0 and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him getting a new contract extension. The treatment of EtH by the club has long passed any logical threshold, it is suicide in an infinite loop, pure masochism.

This is why, I think culturally we're a level below the real great European teams. At various points in the last 18 months, the board wouldn't have had a decision to make at clubs like Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc.

The clubs fanbase makes it on their behalf. They make the managers job untenable. They uphold the standards that the board has to deliver against. That sort of culture of excellence doesn't exist at United.
Yep. It has been ETH’s failing, but has since become the first failing of the new decision-makers too. A complete inability to establish any sort of set of standards. At United results like this have become acceptable and expected, rather than the type of event that makes people’s continued employment untenable.

I’m a season ticket holder in the Stretford End, who never leaves early and spends every match standing and chanting, but I find it increasingly weird how part of the fanbase there wants to offer unconditional support to the team and manager, rather than getting mutinous.

He does feel unsackable. He's completely immune to everything because we don't want to be a club which doesn't stick by the manager or whatever.

We look absolutely ridiculous, just like we will when we eventually have to give in and sack him, and then replace him with Southgate.

If this happens then it'll be a true surprise that Ineos killed United when the Glazers had only managed to come close.

Any rumours about him getting sacked? Only at United can you survive these kind of performances and still keep your job. Madrid would have fired him at HT.

He does feel unsackable. He's completely immune to everything because we don't want to be a club which doesn't stick by the manager or whatever.

We look absolutely ridiculous, just like we will when we eventually have to give in and sack him, and then replace him with Southgate.

If this happens then it'll be a true surprise that Ineos killed United when the Glazers had only managed to come close.
And he knows this. You could tell it in the post match interview, he just knows he will never get sacked, at least until the summer. He isn't bothered the slightest.

Why is he still manager. The glaziers would be proud how much of a fecking fraud the guy is.

No to RVN either. Shite at PSV and is now part of the problem. A clean sweep is needed under SJR.