Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
The worst thing is, we haven't had a particularly hard start to the season. If he somehow survives, can you imagine the carnage at the Ethihad, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge.

I think United need to address the fans and media this time. Best scenario now would be silence. Then we know something is cooking.

Ineos bottling the decision in the summer may be a mistake they never recover from. Hard to point to one footballing decision they’ve got right so far…

The poll and the last 2 matches says it all..the manager has lost the players and the fans. Seems impossible to turn it round now. But who the hell comes in...we need someone to bring enthusiasm to the club, and go back to footballing basics like defending, running, passing and scoring. The simple stuff that we just don't do anymore.

Course you're not.

Can't wait to see your reactions down the line when ETH's spell is romanticised: 3 finals, 2 cups, 3rd place, 2nd highest points total post-Fergie. The power of revisionism is strong on RedCafe, especially when you let enough time lapse.

Hopefully this is the last manager that has such a weird obsessive fan base. We've had it with Jose, Ole and now ETH. It's fecking draining.

Indeed. We need to treat managers like other big clubs do. They're just here for the short term, they just need to get results, if not then they're out.

We just want to hold on to the hope they'll turn out good eventually because the greatest manager of all time turned it around.

That's exactly the reason INEOS kept him despite some acting like the fan backlash wasn't a factor
Then they aren't fit for purpose and are worse than Woodward and co. Even a club like Bournemouth had the vision and resolve to sack O'Neill after a great season on paper as they saw Iraola as a much better option.

Lots of big talk from Ineos, but they have made a massive mistake regarding the manager and I personally can't understand the optimism surrounding the transfers either. All of them have huge questions marks and not one of them will vastly improve our first XI in my opinion. Maybe Ugarte just because Casemiro is so horrible.

We just want to hold on to the hope they'll turn out good eventually because the greatest manager of all time turned it around.

Yep, and we've been here with so many managers now, that you would think people would learn.

He won't be sacked unless we see a string of losses. Ole got sacked after a run of 5 losses, 1 win, and 1 draw in 7 games.

We'll probably beat Porto, lose to Aston Villa away, draw Brentford, and so on. Between December 3 and January 4, we play Arsenal, Manchester City, Newcastle, Liverpool. Probably some heavy losses in there and a good distance to top 4, leading to a December/January sacking and some interim manager till the end of the season.

Today was further evidence that ETH is unable to get a response from this group of players. Once again we saw so-called senior players offering nothing and it is clear that they could not care less about our great club and the shirt they should be honoured to wear. The debate about the manager is warranted, but not enough has been said about the players themselves. It may be prudent to get rid of ETH now, and RVN seems to be a sensible interim appointment. However, RVN would need to lay down the law with the bad element within the dressing room. Price tags should not guarantee first team starts - dropping some of the 'undroppables' would help to set the right tone.
The players the manager brought in you mean?

Spurs at home last season, finished 2-2.

Hojbjerg ran the game, it was a very flattering 2-2 for us, I was at the match.

67YaA3G.png

Ugarte, Mainoo and the shot as feck Bruno was suicide. Before the sending off Spurs were killing us, 30+ touches in our box, 12 shots on target, on course for 24, over 60% possession. A game we're supposedly having a good chance against a poor Spurs. We've been dreadful for so long, such poor planning, no midfield yet again.

What is the point of keeping him honestly! How do people expect any improvement, I am surprised the board is not taking the call. Ridiculous.

Ineos bottling the decision in the summer may be a mistake they never recover from. Hard to point to one footballing decision they’ve got right so far…

Agreed that they got the decision wrong - the only consolation was that Berrada and Ashworth weren’t involved in that decision. So they can now rectify it.

I mean they could literally sack him tomorrow/this week. Let's hope they do.
They absolutely should. However, the episode in the summer, followed by sinking another tonne of money on players he clearly liked plus two coaches, only to sack him 6 games in would be catastrophic in terms of setting us back years. They should still do it but it was a fundamental and enormous error to let the situation play out publicly and then keep him. Erodes confidence in the project in a major way.

If a couple of thousand fans signing some poxy petition swayed INEOS, then we might as well give up now mate.

What would make it weirder would be that they kept him on to prove how shite he is - which really wasn't necessary - but also gave him another couple of hundred million to spend. All this, over a few fans on Reddit and some petition (which I can't imagine actually went anywhere).
You can give up then because that's exactly what happened. It couldn't have been any more obvious that INEOS wanted to replace him. There were stories everywhere before the cup final about them interviewing new potential managers. Even for the week after the cup final they continued briefing that they wanted to change and most Utd fans (not a few on reddit, loads of match going fans, they were everywhere) were demanding INEOS keep him. It was very clear any new manager was going to face backlash and unfair amounts of pressure. Utd fans were criticising every single managerial candidate there was to keep ETH. It obviously had an impact and INEOS aren't the only owners who would have been impacted by such a massive wave of fan resistance.

He's fecked our squad up so bad, whatever new manager comes in has a tough job.
The squad is fine. Should easily be competing for top 4. Of course we have some players like Casemiro, Eriksen, Bruno, Maguire who need replacing but it's way better than what it's showing.

They absolutely should. However, the episode in the summer, followed by sinking another tonne of money on players he clearly liked plus two coaches, only to sack him 6 games in would be catastrophic in terms of setting us back years. They should still do it but it was a fundamental and enormous error to let the situation play out publicly and then keep him. Erodes confidence in the project in a major way.

Not sacking him isn't going to help. He won't turn it around so they might as well cut their losses and bin him off.

Agreed that they got the decision wrong - the only consolation was that Berrada and Ashworth weren’t involved in that decision. So they can now rectify it.
You’re right that they weren’t officially on board at that stage but I’d be amazed if they weren’t already making decisions or at least being consulted.

Officially they weren't really involved and I suppose the fact that we were searching for a new manager indicated they were in favour of making a change. I think you can just about give them a bye, but I don't think they can honestly claim they had no input.

You can give up then because that's exactly what happened. It couldn't have been any more obvious that INEOS wanted to replace him. There were stories everywhere before the cup final about them interviewing new potential managers. Even for the week after the cup final they continued briefing that they wanted to change and most Utd fans (not a few on reddit, loads of match going fans, they were everywhere) were demanding INEOS keep him. It was very clear any new manager was going to face backlash and unfair amounts of pressure. Utd fans were criticising every single managerial candidate there was to keep ETH. It obviously had an impact and INEOS aren't the only owners who would have been impacted by such a massive wave of fan resistance.

Didn't Tuchel reject us? Why interview candidates? Each to their own but I don't believe it played any part whstsoever. If irrefutable evidence emerges that it did influence them, then I would be very fecking worried.

Keeping him doesn’t achieve anything though either, it just writes another season.

They made a big mistake not getting rid of him this summer, this was predictable and avoidable. They either correct it now or let it get worse and then sack him anyway.

I agree, fans sentiment at that time was strongly pro ten Hag with petitions making circles that it would have been challenging to make that decision. They still should have made it.

The only silver lining in this is maybe as a fan base we are going to be more careful about romanticizing managers and the long term project nonsense. That is if we actually make a decision to part with him now which I doubt we will. Fully expecting it to take a lot more for him to get sacked.

I wouldn't count on it, which is why I'm actually all for keeping him throughout the season to try and push Old Trafford over the edge - and asking for his head at home games.

That'll be a huge moment for the club

Villa 3-1 United on November 6th 2022 was Ronaldo's final game as United player.

Villa v United on October 6th 2024 could be ten Hag's final game as United manager.

I agree, fans sentiment at that time was strongly pro ten Hag with petitions making circles that it would have been challenging to make that decision. They still should have made it.

The only silver lining in this is maybe as a fan base we are going to be more careful about romanticizing managers and the long term project nonsense. That is if we actually make a decision to part with him now which I doubt we will. Fully expecting it to take a lot more for him to get sacked.

No they still will. The next manager will also be the saviour

If INEOS do not sack ETH tomorrow then they are as good as Ed Woodward and Murtogh! Clueless.
INEOS won't be doing anything. The decision to sack the manager will be made by the CEO, sporting director and technical director (who have nothing to do with INEOS) and signed off by the owner.

These people are club employees. At what point do United fans stop referring to the decision makers as INEOS and start calling them what they are? They are United employees and board members. INEOS don't even own us.

He's the cautionary tale as what can happen in an era where managers view proving their 'philosophy' with equal - or greater - importance as being successful. His resistance to reality and pragmatism is perhaps understood when you realise that this is what so much of modern management is about. It's not about winning as much almost crafting your own brand identity based on how your teams play. The personnel might change very occasionally. We still play the same way, encounter the same problems. Regardless of the opponent, most of the time.

Should’ve been sacked half dozen times over.

INEOS only have themselves to blame for keeping around someone who clearly wasn’t up for this job.

Gary Neville at Valencia

• 28 games • 11 losses • 39 goals • 38 goals conceded

Ten Hag

• last 28 games • 13 losses • 35 goals • 45 goals conceded

To say that this guy is a clown would be an understatement

The news should’ve come tonight. Ruud interim for the next week and new manager in during the internationals.

At a point where I’m completely indifferent to taking two L’s at Porto and Villa if that means he’s kicked out of the club on Sunday. I don’t trust the numpties in charge at all. One fluky result against either team and they’d stick with him for another month at least.

Suspect a fair few others will be feeling the same way. The club has left us with no choice really. I can’t get behind the snake oil salesman anymore.

Gary Neville at Valencia

Ten Hag

Yikes. I don't get how so many how many wanted this guy to stay. Utter fraud.

Gary Neville at Valencia

Ten Hag

But injuries! Players need time to gel with each other! ETH needs another season to understand and properly implement his style onto new signings! It’s only 6 league games!!