Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
ETH speaks "for his life" at United and is willing to sell even his grandmother to avoid being sacked:

Erik ten Hag confirms no expectation to be fired as “ ”
1f534.png
1fac2.png

“I’m not thinking about being sacked. We all made this decision to stay together in summer, it was clear plan”.
“It’s been decided as ownership group and leadership group. Also we made the decision, after a clear review, what we have to improve as an organisation… how to construct a squad”, ten Hag added after the defeat.
“All decisions made in togetherness and also knowing it would take some time. So we are all there on one page, one boat, the ownership, the leadership group and the staff, players too and myself of course”.

Taken from: Fabrizio Romano
For feck sake, the man is deluded. One excuse after another, for over a year now. I wanted him gone in the summer but tried to support him when the decided to keep him, which is very difficult because of all the nonsense and bullshit he’s saying. But enough is enough now, just remove him from the club, he is doing so much damage now to the club. Why are Ineos so afraid to sack him, just get is over with.

Good one, miles better, Ole sent us in stone age while being a loser, winning feck all, absolutely nothing to show for. Oh he also gave a arm band to Brickhead, who wasnt even 5 min in the club, guy who knows United DNA btw, that alone should be sackable offense.
Bruno doing so much better :lol:

Obviously we don't see him behind closed doors without the camera on, but fecking hell he has zero passion or charisma in front of the cameras.

It's no wonder he can't seem to turn things around, we play as badly as that and his response is basically just "ah well tomorrow is another day and we have to do better"

Not very inspiring is it?
Well from what we’ve seen on the pitch so far over his tenure the training and coaching him and his team give is atrocious.

It's easy in hindsight to say ETH should have been sacked in the summer.

The reality is he was winning things, he was starting to get his own team together, he just had one of the worst injury hit seasons in our clubs history and no other great options for manager were on the market.

It was the right call to keep him on, if anything just to see if he could build on the FA Cup win.

He hasn't and its time to move him on. Its not a case of "I told you so" like some fans are running with.

INEOS have havn't done anything wrong here in my opinion.

Is anyone surprised by the result today?
Maybe we played even worse than expected but 0-3 doesnt even raise an eyebrow these days, business as usual from Ten Hag.

The sad thing is, that wouldn't be enough. Some are just pure deluded and obsessive about our managers. There's no way other fan bases are like this. No way.

Funny thing is, through all of this the last few years, I’ve actually learned that I dislike a lot of our fanbase just as much as the bad managers etc we have had. All equally set us back as a club.

No, it wasn’t an identical structure. You seem to be likening any system that employs pressing to Ten Hag’s in order to defend his failure of a system. Pretty much all the top teams nowadays press, but there’s an absolute ocean of tactical nuance below that which determines how a team performs, both with and without the ball. And it’s in that nuance that managers succeed or fail, and Ten Hag’s system has proved very much a failure in both the league and in Europe.

Look at Lentwood’s recent thread. It lists in detail the various tactical failings that are apparent under Ten Hag’s system.

Yes, the pressing structure was identical. The biggest issue is that Liverpool were miles better at using the high turnovers than we were, and that's been a constant with Ten Hag - we're generally excellent at winning the ball high, and absolutely awful at turning those high turnovers into chances and/or goals.

I do think that we should adopt a more measured approach, but no system will succeed with the kind of basic errors and awful finishing we see from United nowadays.

The reality is he was winning things, he was starting to get his own team together, he just had one of the worst injury hit seasons in our clubs history and no other great options for manager were on the market.

It was the right call to keep him on, if anything just to see if he could build on the FA Cup win.

He hasn't and its time to move him on. Its not a case of "I told you so" like some fans are running with.

We finished 8th with a negative GD, of course he should have been sacked.
It was ridiculous that he was allowed to stay because INEOS was afraid to sack him and some supporters was blinded by the cup.

I was an eth apologist for 2 years but this was the straw that broke the camels back. Need to get him out.

What a fantastic birthday for me though

One won trophies, plural. The other didn't. Ole is objectively worse. And if he wasn't a beloved former player, you wouldn't dispute this.

Totally disagree. I'd take 2nd in PL and no FA Cup over 8th in PL and an FA Cup, every time. Because a team that finishes second is much closer than one that finishes eight to the only thing that really matters, which is a PL title. There are no other fecking (domestic) titles, just consolation prizes.

We all knew Ten Hag would use the red as an excuse.
But did he know that we'd know that?
Going by his judgement of opposition...
no.

There was more than enough evidence to conclude he wasn't good enough to take United where the new owner claims he wants the club to be.

What we're seeing now is only a continuation of what we were seeing last season, only without the excuse of injuries to hide behind.

They absolutely did make the wrong decision.

Funny thing is, through all of this the last few years, I’ve actually learned that I dislike a lot of our fanbase just as much as the bad managers etc we have had. All equally set us back as a club.

Yup, that's been one of most striking things for me, too. I absolutely detest the fan clubs that our failed managers have.

I don’t blame ineos for keeping him at the time (there were no options) but I hope we have a replacement lined up, he’s a dead man walking at this stage .

Nonsense.

highly doubt he'll be sacked this early week, it'll probably be after Villa as I can see us losing the next two games. INEOS strike me as cowards unfortunately.

It's wasn't the right decision and many pointed it out back then

It's a one way ticket back to the Eredivisie if he wants to continue as a manager now.

He could feesibly have landed a decent job in the summer if we'd got rid a couple of weeks after the FA Cup final. We did him, and ourselves no favours keeping him.

Reactions: Fortitude

He had a -goal difference for Christ sake. Nothing to do with hindsight, it was obvious last season he was useless

It was pretty obvious to many people that our bad results last season weren’t due to injuries and tactics fundamentally. It’s fine if some fans and INEOS didn’t buy into it but it doesn’t mean they can consider themselves blameless. When ETH got a new contract, most opposition fans were pretty happy, which should indicate to a degree why it was a bad decision.

So it's the system because the players make the wind decisions? Players making the wrong decisions will make any system look bad.

The vast majority of the mistakes our players make are stupid avoidable ones, often due to trying to play a killer ball when it isn't on or charging out of position to make an I'll advised challenge that leaves us open.

The fact that it happens every match is a failure of coaching, but it isn't that the manager wants us to make these mistakes, it's that he's unable to coach the rush of blood tendencies out of the players.
But if the system allows us to concede multiple goals with ease then we’re simply set up wrong. The first rule of football is be hard to beat, not wide open.

We’re easy to play against because we’re always looking to break fast when we win the ball and if you’re an organised team you can easily cut out the passes. I’ve been saying this for weeks, losing the ball near the half way line shouldn’t result in the opposition having an unchallenged shot on goal and scoring, but it does almost every time. There should be loads to do from that position.

It’s a failure of coaching and a flawed system that doesn’t work in this league or Europe.

I don’t blame ineos for keeping him at the time (there were no options) but I hope we have a replacement lined up, he’s a dead man walking at this stage .
I suspect that the replacement won't be available yet which is why we stuck with ETH, so we'll end up with whoever's available as a caretaker for now.

Bruno doing so much better :lol:

Bruno should never be a captain but giving a cap to Brickhead is an absolute insult, people like Vidic (for example) had to bleed on pitch, put their body on the line to earn it and here some Ole giving to someone who joined day before.

I mean, I'm pretty sure they interviewed about 4 options and probably overlooked many others. There are managers at other clubs that are attainable if we pay off their current club. So I'm not buying there were no options.

There may not have been a "perfect" option that ticks every single box, but unless we're getting Pep or Klopp I don't think this mythical perfect manager exists.

Nah this is a load of garbage, plenty of us were screaming from the mountaintops that it was a stupid decision to keep him and had been saying so since last January.

And then we all collectively rolled our eyes with the sentiment shift post cup win. It was embarrassing.

Find it hilarious how people say there were no options when Liverpool and Chelsea both found a manager without much fuss. As if it’s so difficult to improve on fecking Ten Hag

If we have any sense sack him tomorrow or ideally later today.

RVN can be manager for next few games while we decide who to get.

Keeping ETH another second should not be an option

Yeah give it Ruud to buy ourselves some time and if he wants Ole as assistant then I could live with that

Despite all the shite, the thing that has been annoying me most lately is the pace of the play. It's either snails pace or 100mph, there's no sustained intensity or pressure.

It's all too slow in the build, looking like it's LVG Dutch football numbers again. Then it becomes frantic 100mph when pressing and winning the ball back high. It's not good football to watch, opposition teams just sit back and let you have then hit you on the break.

I've backed him a lot, but I just don't see where he can go from here or if he can turn it around.