Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
A nothing answer.

I think even he knows it's over.
He definitely knows it and is just going through the motions, I bet he can’t actually wait for it to be over.

They should ask him what do they do on the training pitch to make everyone play so badly. I’d love to hear his answer to that.

Why does it matter how many managers a club goes through if the end result is success? Abramovich used to fire managers at the drop of a hat and it took Chelsea to five league titles and a couple of Champions Leagues. Zero thought was given to sentiment when the likes of Roberto Di Matteo were obviously not good enough, despite him winning one of those Champions League trophies. He was given his hefty compensation package and sent on his way. They've since gone through a laughing stock period of their own, but it didn't last for over a decade and seems to be over already. There are still zero signs of the United laughing stock era ending.

There's nothing virtuous or smart about giving failed managers too long at the helm. Anyone with half a brain could see Ten Hag was out of his depth last season. Yet he's still here, and we have people feigning shock that nothing has changed. Madness.
Because if 5 managers in 2 years all fail, the trainer is rarely the problem. I'd venture that the reason United fell off isnt solely due to appointing a clueless manager 5 times in a row. It's because the club is run poorly.

Ten Hag simply has to go obviously, but the timing will once again be atrocious. He just bought half his Ajax side (which beggars belief to let happen anyway). Good luck offloading them again for the next guy in charge. In Ten Hag's case, he should've just been sacked after last season. He finished fecking 8th. How do you back him for another window.

And Chelsea's succes came because they unlocked an unlimited funds cheat, not because they brilliantly sacked all their managers.

It's what Woodward did. We'll find out in the coming days if the new lot are any more decisive and proactive
Is it feck what Woodward did. No manager survived finishing 8th, negative GD and bottom of the CL group under him. He sacked a FA Cup winning manager who missed out on top 4 on goal difference. Under Woodward we at least had something you could quantify as standards.

The new lot have already proven that they have lowered the bar significantly. They are off to a timid and clueless start.

I'm not holding my breath
Same. I’m not counting on Brailsford and Omar to do the right thing. I’ve lost my faith in bald people because of this fraud. Indecisive cnuts. They all give me the feeling of clinging onto blind hope in everything as they do every night after looking at their shiny heads that they’ll see something in the morning.

He definitely knows it and is just going through the motions, I bet he can’t actually wait for it to be over.

They should ask him what do they do on the training pitch to make everyone play so badly. I’d love to hear his answer to that.

Obviously we don't see him behind closed doors without the camera on, but fecking hell he has zero passion or charisma in front of the cameras.

It's no wonder he can't seem to turn things around, we play as badly as that and his response is basically just "ah well tomorrow is another day and we have to do better"

Not very inspiring is it?

ETH speaks "for his life" at United and is willing to sell even his grandmother to avoid being sacked:

Erik ten Hag confirms no expectation to be fired as “ ”
1f534.png
1fac2.png

“I’m not thinking about being sacked. We all made this decision to stay together in summer, it was clear plan”.
“It’s been decided as ownership group and leadership group. Also we made the decision, after a clear review, what we have to improve as an organisation… how to construct a squad”, ten Hag added after the defeat.
“All decisions made in togetherness and also knowing it would take some time. So we are all there on one page, one boat, the ownership, the leadership group and the staff, players too and myself of course”.

Taken from: Fabrizio Romano

If I've learned anything from this forum, it's that the average football fan doesn't learn anything. The same mistakes, naiveties and false dawns have repeated themselves on an almost annual basis since Ferguson retired. They've even been doubled down on for Ten Hag
Very true.

Anyone go the picture that is used for him at the start of the games when they present the line ups? That pictures, for me, present his whole managerial persona. I also need it for Halloween.

Is it feck what Woodward did. No manager survived finishing 8th, negative GD and bottom of the CL group under him. He sacked a FA Cup winning manager who missed out on top 4 on goal difference. Under Woodward we at least had something you could quantify as standards.

The new lot have already proven that they have lowered the bar significantly. They are off to a timid and clueless start.
This is incredibly depressing. I hate following this club honestly.

This is why part of me wants Ten Hag to see out the season just so people actually learn something, but I’m convinced we’d go down.

The sad thing is, that wouldn't be enough. Some are just pure deluded and obsessive about our managers. There's no way other fan bases are like this. No way.

"But we knew it will take some time with how the window went, some players [came] late in like [Manuel] Ugarte. Also we have to make some improvement in organisation and we have some injuries. We need some time."

I
love how he just casually throws those excuses (which are standard things in football). Especially in his third season. Bloody hell.

I've basically stopped paying attention to what he says. You can only take so much delusional bullshit before you get to that point, and he's long past it. His talking is even worse than his on-pitch results.

I've basically stopped paying attention to what he says. You can only take so much delusional bullshit before you get to that point, and he's long past it.

My mate sent me this and I honestly thought this was an old quote from earlier in the season.

Nothing beats era of failed Cardiff manager. This is bad but Solskjaer was ultimate disaster. Disaster level 10/10.
I mean it's not even close if you value goals, positive goal difference, underlying xg statistics that are top 4 rather than bottom half.

But each to their own.

I think he's an arrogant twat, who you couldnt warm to if you were in a burning flat with him, so would be delighted if he goes. But feck me, there were some players today who clearly werent up for it.

The sad thing is, that wouldn't be enough. Some are just pure deluded and obsessive about our managers. There's no way other fan bases are like this. No way.
Yeah I think no matter what the excuses will continue forever. There’s always an excuse or a reason to keep the manager despite what’s actually happening in front of your eyes.

You're referring to Slot, who's Liverpool team had an identical pressing structure in that match, they were just much better at it than we are.

Sure there are a few tweaks we should make, but it isn't an inherently bad system, it's one that the players can't seem to grasp, which is a failure of what they're being trained to do.

No, it wasn’t an identical structure. You seem to be likening any system that employs pressing to Ten Hag’s in order to defend his failure of a system. Pretty much all the top teams nowadays press, but there’s an absolute ocean of tactical nuance below that which determines how a team performs, both with and without the ball. And it’s in that nuance that managers succeed or fail, and Ten Hag’s system has proved very much a failure in both the league and in Europe.

Look at Lentwood’s recent thread. It lists in detail the various tactical failings that are apparent under Ten Hag’s system.

It’s a bad system. All our goals come from the same movement, the transition. We win the ball, everyone over commits and the opposition know exactly what we’re going to do and win the ball leaving the midfield and defence effectively gone. This happens every match, it’s by design at this point. Ten Hags system relies on the players making the perfect moves and passes in every attack. Suicide football.

So it's the system because the players make the wind decisions? Players making the wrong decisions will make any system look bad.

The vast majority of the mistakes our players make are stupid avoidable ones, often due to trying to play a killer ball when it isn't on or charging out of position to make an I'll advised challenge that leaves us open.

The fact that it happens every match is a failure of coaching, but it isn't that the manager wants us to make these mistakes, it's that he's unable to coach the rush of blood tendencies out of the players.

Winning those cups was really a poison chalice. Never mind the worst United manager post SAF. Im pretty sure hes one of the worst PL managers the last decade.

Someone pick up a stray cat outside of OT and make him interim manager. Probably wont be any worse

I mean it's not even close if you value goals, positive goal difference, underlying xg statistics that are top 4 rather than bottom half.

But each to their own.

One won trophies, plural. The other didn't. Ole is objectively worse. And if he wasn't a beloved former player, you wouldn't dispute this.

There is no reason why we won't lose both against Porto and Villa, at which point it will be impossible for INEOS to not fire Erik even if they would hate to do it

Maybe but yet still miles better (and £600m less down the drain) than now.

Good one, miles better, Ole sent us in stone age while being a loser, winning feck all, absolutely nothing to show for. Oh he also gave a arm band to Brickhead, who wasnt even 5 min in the club, guy who knows United DNA btw, that alone should be sackable offense.

Not on here as much as in the past so just dropping by to get a sense of the feeling around here.

He's gone isn't he? Thank goodness.

I just dont understand why Fullbacks occupy CM positions. We play with inverted wingers and they are as wide as possible. Do we expect our inverted wingers to cross the ball? If yes then why play with inverted wingers?

Play 3 in midfield, drop Bruno or play him as one of the front 3 and ask the Full backs to do overlap runs instead of being Pirlo. Both of our inverted wingers should occupy the space between the number 9 and midfield. That will instantly balance our team. ETH refusal to shore up midfield and defence is just bizzare. Its like he is just too stubborn to see the current tactics is not working. It is leaving us open on both sides and through the middle

Nothing beats era of failed Cardiff manager. This is bad but Solskjaer was ultimate disaster. Disaster level 10/10.

Not that what we need right now is a spirited debate about what was worst, bu t the least you could say about that view is that it is clearly based on emotion, because it'd be hard to argue on the basis of any facts. For my part I'd say that 2020 (roughly, from Bruno's arrival until pretty late in the following, second place season) was the most optimistic I've been since SAF. And the way things are now does not look better to me than they did at the end of OGS tenure. If anything, the contrary.

One won trophies, plural. The other didn't. Ole is objectively worse. And if he wasn't a beloved former player, you wouldn't dispute this.
I know 100% what I preferred to watch week in week out and invest my time in and it wasn't what I've seen for the last 18 months.

The FA Cup win (while good on the day) did not erase a season of torture for me like it somehow wiped the memory for so many of you.

Its a great idea. You can thank me later after Ole gets us back to top 4. Ez

Top 4 means nothing. Yes champions league nights are great but this club needs to be challenging and ole won't take us there. A clear plan should now be in place with all the big wigs we have in the structure