Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Alonso turned down Bayern, and is basically waiting for Ancelotti to step aside as far as I can tell.

No chance he risks the ire of Merseyside by taking on our dumpster fire.
But how long is he willing to wait? Yoro wasn’t willing to wait in the end. Put some money on the table and force him to decide.

I just dont see a turnaround. We have played one or two decent games and even in that we failed to score. And then Liverpool and Spurs have humbled us at Old Trafford. We should part ways and see who is available to take over. If we dont sack him now, we will be in the same
position 3-4 weeks later..

What time do we think the announcement will come? Tired of refreshing waiting for news...

There were exactly zero excuses in my post, if you think there were then you need to read it again.

The issue isn't the system desired approach, it's that Ten Hag and his staff have been unable to coach the players to play it.

That isn't a fundamental problem with the approach, it's a problem with the coaching.

Saying there’s nothing wrong with his approach is a cop out. Lots and lots of people have pointed out the very obvious tactical weaknesses with his approach. Feck - opposition managers have literally started pointing it out in interviews after beating us.

This idea that if only the players started playing the system as designed it would magically bring results is a nonsense.

I’d have more sympathy for him if he took some responsibility after these defeats.
This has been what has irked me about him since day one. That might be the biggest reason I've never felt any connection with ETH as a United manager.

Get OLE back for the rest of this season. Let him and RVN see this one out. The board will then have 8 months to find a new manager they see fit.

Again being destroyed at him. Zero improvement. New choaches which makes it tough again for a change. Time for Ineos to get active

Onana has stopped a lot of our defeats from being a lot more embarrasing and was rightly voted motm by the Caf today and Antony won us the FA Cup last season

If there's one player who's deserved undiluted plaudits this season, it's Onana. He's been largely faultless, and has kept us a good deal more competitive than we'd otherwise have been. Obviously a large part of the reason why we've overperformed our xGA quite significantly.

Give him the Dutch players he is familiar with - then sack him and get someone not Dutch.

Why would Southgate agree to be interim?
Because he’ll be pitched to come in as part of the project and move upstairs at the end of the season ala Rangick

And he’ll accept because he knows his limitations and that’ll be a cushty role

Our football under ETH isn't depressing enough for some, they want Ole or Southgate as interim to make sure the torture continues.

He can’t deliver. It’s got so so bad. The performances were a little better at the start of this season, even then Palace away and Brighton away were crap results, and then he comes up with that today. He is extremely fortunate to be in a job tonight. That cup win was great but cups mean feck all to the biggest club in the country.

Sadly the club may give ten Hag until the break since the red card has provided him an excuse. With that said, we can all see it’s not working and if INEOS are serious, ten hag should immediately get sacked. We have scored 1 goal at home in the league and conceded 6: we’re an embarrassment.

I think you could be right. He was saying we was in the game even with 11. I thought the players looked better when they just started playing on instinct 10 minutes or so into the second half. Those players while not blameless are certainly better than what is being shown on the pitch.

He's done. Its Just when it happens. Should be tonight. No red card should give him time but it probably will.

Yea i miss the days of Norwegian triangle, where time, money, fitness and final third play disappear, not to mention assembling most dislikeable squad ever.
Maybe but yet still miles better (and £600m less down the drain) than now.

I was happily thinking that this shambles of an era is finally coming to an end. Then some of you started mentioning Southgate and now I feel sick. I think I had mentally blocked out the fact that he's a thing.

Absolutely mate I'm genuinely at the stage where I don't give a feck if we go through 6-7 in a 5 year period or even 2-3 in a season if need be. Enough of this 3-4 year project bullshit, the manager of Manchester United generally has the players and/or the resources to finish 3rd-4th at minimum.

I don't care if we're doing ok in some metrics tables, I only care about the actual table. 4th or they're sacked should be the benchmark, it's about time United started having some self respect and some standards. We used to go into season expecting to win the title never mind compete for it. Post Fergie it was hoping to finish 2nd-4th. We went into this season after spending £600m+ hoping we might, might compete for 4th for fecks sake, now it looks like we could be in a scrap to even finish in the top half.

Lack of standards and giving a succession of failing managers too much rope and lead us here. It's time this club became ruthless again.
Seconded.