Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here’s my prediction:

Southgate interim

Alonso at the end of the season
Alonso turned down Bayern, and is basically waiting for Ancelotti to step aside as far as I can tell.

No chance he risks the ire of Merseyside by taking on our dumpster fire.

Course you're not.

Can't wait to see your reactions down the line when ETH's spell is romanticised: 3 finals, 2 cups, 3rd place, 2nd highest points total post-Fergie. The power of revisionism is strong on RedCafe, especially if when you let enough time lapse.

Hopefully this is the last manager that has such a weird obsessive fan base. We've had it with Jose, Ole and now ETH. It's fecking draining.
Hehe. Keep clinging on. Blown out of the water with his xG stats in the Ole thread already.

Just googling up the details. They had 12 points from 8 when we're on 7 from 6.

They'd played away at Arsenal, United and Everton in their derby, dropping points in all 3. We've been away to Brighton, Southampton and Palce, dropping points in 2 while getting embarrased at home by decent teams.

So not without precedent to get booted so early, and you've got to say they had better results / harder games.

Exactly.

Hehe. Keep clinging on. Blown out of the water with his xG stats in the Ole thread already.

I'm clinging on? You wish. Mate, I think he's fecking bobbins. But I'm just letting you know the absolute shite that'll be reeled out. The same for Ole/Jose. All 3 were monumental failures as far as being a Manchester United manager goes.

Ineos botched the call. No doubt in my mind. But the fans have to take their fair share of the blame. The clamour to keep him after that one game was insufferable. If they’d fired him they’d have received absolute pelters. And if the new manager had struggled out of the gate, it’d have been toxic. There are a lot of people who need to learn lessons from this.

I would love to see a roll call of all those who argued vehemently this summer to keep him, against the more level headed amongst us, against those who are now calling for his head and blaming Ineos. I bet there is so much overlap that it’s embarrassing. Just a massive lack of accountability from the fans.
I agree, fans sentiment at that time was strongly pro ten Hag with petitions making circles that it would have been challenging to make that decision. They still should have made it.

The only silver lining in this is maybe as a fan base we are going to be more careful about romanticizing managers and the long term project nonsense. That is if we actually make a decision to part with him now which I doubt we will. Fully expecting it to take a lot more for him to get sacked.

Out of all the managers we've had since SAF I think this one is the worst.

He bangs on about 2 cups when we played practically nobody until the final he's a fraud in this league.

Maybe he'll be decent again in the Dutch league but he's awful here.

If he can survive last season, he can survive anything.
Honestly don’t see him getting sacked yet.

Its only when we have fecked the entire season we’ll let him go. That’s tradition, it’s the United way.

One major concern I have is how we constantly make very ordinary teams look dominant. Spurs have been mediocre this season, and today they looked like prime Barca. There’s too many to list, but it just keeps happening. Bournemouth toying with us at old Trafford, Coventry making us shit our pants at Wembley. A good manager is supposed to have the exact opposite effect.

Who are the 20% that are still voting to back him? I honestly cant understand how any genuine Man Utd fan can be voting anything other than Sack at this point.

We have got rid of the deadwood. Now we need to get rid of the flashy but heavy gold chains that weigh us down, namely Bruno and Rashford. But ETH doesn’t have the balls to do that.

Totally agree. I'm hoping now that ETH is the last one that gets crazy money to spend and way too much time. Hopefully the fans can move away from the whole manager worshipping phase too.

Post Erik it should be the club identifying players and signing them. As given how far we've gone down the Ten Hag transfer rabbit hole we're realistically going to have to replace some of the players he's signed within a relatively quick timeframe. The likes of Onana, Mount and Antony being the main culprits, best part of £200m down the shitter on that lot.

Post Erik it should be the club identifying players and signing them. As given how far we've gone down the Ten Hag transfer rabbit hole we're realistically going to have to replace some of the players he's signed within a relatively quick timeframe. The likes of Onana, Mount and Antony being the main culprits, best part of £200m down the shitter on that lot.

You can add Casemiro to that list. De Ligt and Maz should be fine, but there's a fair few of his signings that will need shifting. I don't want to be too harsh, and I'll reserve judgement, but Ugarte hasn't impressed me so far.

Last edited:
It's becoming extremely painful to watch ManUtd play. We could not make 2 passes together, players moved like headless chicken, poor defending, lack of finishing,...it's time for ETH to go.

Stop with the excuses. If Ten Hag’s approach can’t be coached into a team in two years even when he himself is the one doing the coaching, then there is very obviously a fundamental problem with that approach.

There were exactly zero excuses in my post, if you think there were then you need to read it again.

The issue isn't the system desired approach, it's that Ten Hag and his staff have been unable to coach the players to play it.

That isn't a fundamental problem with the approach, it's a problem with the coaching.

I agree, fans sentiment at that time was strongly pro ten Hag with petitions making circles that it would have been challenging to make that decision. They still should have made it.

The only silver lining in this is maybe as a fan base we are going to be more careful about romanticizing managers and the long term project nonsense. That is if we actually make a decision to part with him now which I doubt we will. Fully expecting it to take a lot more for him to get sacked.
This fan base never learns from anything

Onana has stopped a lot of our defeats from being a lot more embarrasing and was rightly voted motm by the Caf today and Antony won us the FA Cup last season

It's going to get worse I think. Villa could be a cricket score if they wanted. I'm pretty confident he's gone before the international break.

Surely an interim for the next two matches and get someone in when the international break is on.
Sadly the club may give ten Hag until the break since the red card has provided him an excuse. With that said, we can all see it’s not working and if INEOS are serious, ten hag should immediately get sacked. We have scored 1 goal at home in the league and conceded 6: we’re an embarrassment.