Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been to several large sports stores in malls, in the US, Brazil, and other parts of Latin America. The club gear being showcased is always the same: the local club(s), City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Real, Barca, maybe Bayern and/or PSG.

No United anywhere to be seen.

Not remotely surprising.

Whenever these things come up I never see Fabregas’ name mentioned. Como is doing really well, and he was always looked at as a “football genius”. He’s come out of excellent structured systems and learned from some fantastic managers.

Xabi Alonso and others are obvious choices lots of teams want.

Since he’s also an owner maybe Fabregas would be complicated.
Inzaghi

20% still want the philosopher around. I do wonder what is necessary to convince these people that wasting another season while waiting for a miracle is just madness.

It seems you underrate them significantly. The problem is the manager and his inability to consistently get our players to perform at a high level.
I dont disagree; its time for him to go he's not getting that. But people saying Klopp comes in and makes this team a title winner; I dont buy it.

Even if we beat both of them 3-0 he should be gone. He’s horrible. One off games won’t change that.

But we’ve really come to a point where I can’t even envision us winning at Villa except via massive, massive fluke like we did last year.

A serious club would sack him tomorrow. Liverpool done it with Rodgers in early October after a 1-1 against Everton. And, he had a better record than ETH this season.

Kinda a weird thing to say straight after beating Manchester City in a cup final. I mean, at that point I was completely done with him, but going online to criticise the win certainly wouldn't be the first thing that would have come to mind.

What's amusing is that there's absolutely no way you find any issue with that win if Ole wins it. I just hate the little fan clubs for our ex managers. I'll hate the ETH one too n
Good job it wasn't then.

Ole still getting to you. It's funny.

A serious club would sack him tomorrow. Liverpool done it with Rodgers in early October after a 1-1 against Everton. And, he had a better record than ETH this season.
I don’t think we are one to be honest. We prefer to romanticize managers.

Really hoped he’d start Mount ahead of Bruno today.
No idea how he turns this around. Seems any decent coach can work our tactics and hit the same weaknesses time after time. Seems he cannot make minor adjustments to the game plan and we just carry on doing exactly the same thing over and over again.
Our players are far better than what they’re showing. How does ETH get them to achieve something like their potential?

There won't be any turning around imo. He's already crossed the Rubicon with the fan base and there's no coming back at this point. Every day that he remains a manager at United is a day lost in terms of the long term interests of the club.

I'm at the point where I wish he was sacked in the summer, and this thread was about the new guy who is failing and how we shouldn't have sacked Ten Hag.

Just rip the bandaid fast. He is not Arteta, he won't have a second coming. Some of his decisions are head-scratchers already.
  • Played Rashford and Eriksen almost the complete game against Barnsley at OT, even after a 3-0 lead by halftime still kept them in play, only for Rashford to be benched vs Palace, and Eriksen not to have legs for the complete game. Once he took Eriksen off v Palace, our complete gameplay collapsed
  • Southampton, the absolute worst team in the league dominated us for half an hour and were not leading due to a bad penalty. I'm not even sure we would've won that, if they had scored the penalty
  • Today, Tottenham is bad at deep defending, yet, we decide to play on the counter, at OT? We started playing pressing and really going after them after we got down to 10 players?
  • Shocking defending at Brighton
  • Demolished by Liverpool with the wrong tactical setup clearly visible
  • Cant beat freaking Twente, while our own players coming out saying "They wanted it more than us"
The worst decisions are the substitutions and player selection. Bruno has been so, so bad over the past 2 games, yet, he has started every goddamn week. Mainoo and Garnacho already look knackered.

His statement today that he needs absolute 100% from each player is truly telling, and almost all the players lost every duel in the first half. This tells me that the writing is on the wall for him. We had to start this season steadily, he had enough personnel added, both players and coaches, not to have the issues of last year. Yet, we seem worse than we did.

I had sympathy for him last year, but this is now inexcusable. You may lose a match, but not so many matches in this manner. I'm sorry, but he needs to go.

I dont disagree; its time for him to go he's not getting that. But people saying Klopp comes in and makes this team a title winner; I dont buy it.

Title winner? At this point, Klopp could come in and finish 4th, with us scoring plenty of goals and playing relatively well and it'd be a significant enough improvement. The bar has sunk so low it's not even visible anymore at this club, we're rock bottom.

It is strange that apart from ex Utd presenters on TV all think he should be sacked. Redknapp said he looks lost, Ruud Gullit had a pop at him mid week, Carragher chose him as the first manager to be sacked.

All very bizarre.

We do things differently 'ere

Absolutely mate I'm genuinely at the stage where I don't give a feck if we go through 6-7 in a 5 year period or even 2-3 in a season if need be. Enough of this 3-4 year project bullshit, the manager of Manchester United generally has the players and/or the resources to finish 3rd-4th at minimum.

I don't care if we're doing ok in some metrics tables, I only care about the actual table. 4th or they're sacked should be the benchmark, it's about time United started having some self respect and some standards. We used to go into season expecting to win the title never mind compete for it. Post Fergie it was hoping to finish 2nd-4th. We went into this season after spending £600m+ hoping we might, might compete for 4th for fecks sake, now it looks like we could be in a scrap to even finish in the top half.

Lack of standards and giving a succession of failing managers too much rope and lead us here. It's time this club became ruthless again.

Totally agree. I'm hoping now that ETH is the last one that gets crazy money to spend and way too much time. Hopefully the fans can move away from the whole manager worshipping phase too.

Absolutely. Retaining a coach because he won a one-off match? Really? Absolutely baffling. Competent leaders dont make long-term decisions on the basis of one event.
Ineos botched the call. No doubt in my mind. But the fans have to take their fair share of the blame. The clamour to keep him after that one game was insufferable. If they’d fired him they’d have received absolute pelters. And if the new manager had struggled out of the gate, it’d have been toxic. There are a lot of people who need to learn lessons from this.

I would love to see a roll call of all those who argued vehemently this summer to keep him, against the more level headed amongst us, against those who are now calling for his head and blaming Ineos. I bet there is so much overlap that it’s embarrassing. Just a massive lack of accountability from the fans.

There has to come a point where these performances are just not acceptable anymore.

He can’t have any complaints either. He’s been given more time than he would at 99% of clubs. You could argue he shouldn’t even have been here long enough to win that FA Cup last season, but he was given another chance and more than enough backing.

On borrowed time now is Ten Hag however if its Southgate brought in as his replacement it will tell me Jim is not the man to fix this broken club

6 games in and we are already essentially out of the race. Happened last season too didnt it?
feck off ETH you are shite

Utter nonsense
It's not a poor squad but it is, well, a bit of a strange mishmash squad. You look it on paper and think there are options, some good players, plenty of potential but I have no clue what the best team is and I don't think EtH does either.

Good job I aren't one then.

Course you're not.

Can't wait to see your reactions down the line when ETH's spell is romanticised: 3 finals, 2 cups, 3rd place, 2nd highest points total post-Fergie. The power of revisionism is strong on RedCafe, especially when you let enough time lapse.

Hopefully this is the last manager that has such a weird obsessive fan base. We've had it with Jose, Ole and now ETH. It's fecking draining.

Yup, similar circumstances.
and the decisions to sack Rodgers was decided before the game and was announced an hour after full time.

I want Ten Hag to succeed, but even though it's early in the season, it's not worth ruining our season in persisting with this

only 8 games into the season, and Liverpool were tenth at the time

Just googling up the details. They had 12 points from 8 when we're on 7 from 6.

They'd played away at Arsenal, United and Everton in their derby, dropping points in all 3. We've been away to Brighton, Southampton and Palace, dropping points in 2 while getting embarrased at home by good teams.

So not without precedent to get booted so early, and you've got to say they had better results / harder games.