Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
All you have to do to be a successful United owner is poll the fanbase Yes/No for every footballing decision. All hirings, firings and contract extensions.

Then do the opposite of every vote. Easy route to success.

It's actually so accurate :lol:

Worryingly what our fans want the club to do, seems to perfectly match what our rivals want us to do too. Liverpool fans were desperate for us to keep him, and Ole too :lol:

Eh, why? He's absolutely gone.
I hope you are right. I think he’s tricked INEOS into the whole long term project thing and he won’t be gone at least until sometime next season after they’ve wasted another £250m to get him the last players he needs to make it work.

Bro thinks he is in a marriage
The sad thing is that, up until this game at least, we've actually been quite a bit better this season but the results haven't come.

Of course that 'improvement' is based on just how utterly atrocious we were last season, where ETH's tactics were some of the most asinine in PL history. Improving from that isn't a huge deal in itself. There's still numerous other managers just in this league who are doing a much better job.
Better.....right.....

I hope you are right. I think he’s tricked INEOS into the whole long term project thing and he won’t be gone at least until sometime next season after they’ve wasted another £250m to get him the last players he needs to make it work.

Porto and Villa away next? He's gone.

Surely he's the feck out now. Anyone could see Bruno needed to have a spell on the bench

He will probably fluke a draw at Porto and lose at Villa but with some mitigating circumstances (he already has one as Bruno won’t play).

Even if we beat Porto (doubtful) and lose to Villa, he still absolutely should be gone. He should really be gone by tomorrow if INEOS are actually serious.

So the owners should completely ignore all fan input going forward, on all matters of the club?

Their job is to do what is best for the football club. And extending the contract of a manager that was obviously out of his depth on the back of one game because some fans thought that was enough to give him another season was a pretty fecking stupid idea.

He will probably fluke a draw at Porto and lose at Villa but with some mitigating circumstances (he already has one as Bruno won’t play).

Nah Porto match will be Costa having a world class performance and Onana having a couple of howler moments. So obvious that's gonna happen.

And being the dumbass narcissist he is, once he gets the sack, guaranteed he won’t stop slandering the club and still make excuses that it was a project and he wasn’t given time.

Are you even watching us? There's real progress there. Our xG in 3 of our games this season was good and better than the opponent's.
All that is missing is a bit more killer instict up front and that's it. His signings are mostly really good and with a bit more luck we will be in a top 6 battle.
This xG nonsense is a confected non-stat invented for the Sky generation to crack one off over when they not playing Warhammer. Get a grip man, it means nothing.

I'm waiting for the Madrid derby to start and there's an interview with the Leganes young(35-40 years old) coach. Didn't hear his name but he was saying that players all the time(24/7) are analyzing him and his weaknesses.

I wonder what ManUTD players really think of ETH. :confused:

Eh, I've known for a long time. Not what I said mate. Pretty sure it was you who got pelters on here for posting some negative bollox straight after the win. I could be wrong but there was a few right clowns at it.
Can't remember. Probably took some abuse for saying it wasn't as amazing a performance as some made out in the days that followed when everyone was saying we should keep Ten Hag but I don't care. Certainly doesn't mean I wasn't happy with the win.

I imagine our fanbase has rapidly dwindled over the last decade.
I've been to several large sports stores in malls, in the US, Brazil, and other parts of Latin America. The club gear being showcased is always the same: the local club(s), City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Real, Barca, maybe Bayern and/or PSG.

No United anywhere to be seen.

True. They try their absolute hardest to find any similar traits. I don't care if we cycle through managers relatively quickly. It's what top clubs regularly do before they find someone who works.

Absolutely mate I'm genuinely at the stage where I don't give a feck if we go through 6-7 in a 5 year period or even 2-3 in a season if need be. Enough of this 3-4 year project bullshit, the manager of Manchester United generally has the players and/or the resources to finish 3rd-4th at minimum.

I don't care if we're doing ok in some metrics tables, I only care about the actual table. 4th or they're sacked should be the benchmark, it's about time United started having some self respect and some standards. We used to go into season expecting to win the title never mind compete for it. Post Fergie it was hoping to finish 2nd-4th. We went into this season after spending £600m+ hoping we might, might compete for 4th for fecks sake, now it looks like we could be in a scrap to even finish in the top half.

Lack of standards and giving a succession of failing managers too much rope has lead us here. It's time this club became ruthless again.

Last edited:
Feel like Ineos will double down on their support for ETH. Statement already drafted

Can't remember. Probably took some abuse for saying it wasn't as amazing a performance as some made out in the days that followed when everyone was saying we should keep Ten Hag but I don't care. Certainly doesn't mean I wasn't happy with the win.

Kinda a weird thing to say straight after beating Manchester City in a cup final. I mean, at that point I was completely done with him, but going online to criticise the win certainly wouldn't be the first thing that would have come to mind.

What's amusing is that there's absolutely no way you find any issue with that win if Ole wins it. I just hate the little fan clubs for our ex managers. I'll hate the ETH one too.

Last edited:
Is that correct!?
Probably

Spurs,
Liverpool this season

Last season
Liverpool FA Cup
Bournemouth

That's already 4 games, in not so big time spread. My head is spinning now, can't remember everything but probably it's true.

If he has over 25 games with over 3+ since he was manager then finding only 8 games in a range of games isn't hard :lol: :lol:

But, seriously the football quality and results have deteriorated massively for the last 18 Months.

Even if we beat Porto (doubtful) and lose to Villa, he still absolutely should be gone. He should really be gone by tomorrow if INEOS are actually serious.
Even if we beat both of them 3-0 he should be gone. He’s horrible. One off games won’t change that.

But we’ve really come to a point where I can’t even envision us winning at Villa except via massive, massive fluke like we did last year.

He doesn't have it spot on at all, the players we've brought in aren't just suited to Ten Hag, they're suited to any team that aims to win the ball back and retain control of it.

The problem we've had isn't Ten Hag's desired approach, it's that he hasn't been able to coach the players to implement it reliably. Another manager who's better able to coach a half decent rest defence will make a big difference.

Stop with the excuses. If Ten Hag’s approach can’t be coached into a team in two years even when he himself is the one doing the coaching, then there is very obviously a fundamental problem with that approach.

It's irritating we're in this position considering the time for him to go was the summer. Another example of really poor decision-making from the club.
I agree that he should’ve been fired in the summer, but fans have to take their blame in this. The clamour for him to stay, after the FA cup win, was overwhelming. Putting Ineos in a lose-lose scenario. Ultimately they gave the vast majority of fans what they wanted. And sometimes that’s what you have to do, just to remind the fans how fecking stupid most of them are.

We finished 8th, setting all sorts of negative records in the process. How any fan supported him staying is beyond me, but the poll results went from a large majority wanting him out, to a decent majority wanting him to stay, after one game. I argued with people until I was blue in the face about how ridiculous their positions were, but people weren’t to be told. He’d won a trophy. Support the manager etc etc. Just fecking stupid.

Meanwhile, Real Madrid have fired managers despite winning the CL, because they underperformed in the league. Elite super club vs morally superior fallen giant. I know which I’d rather be. Ruthlessness starts at the top. We have the players to be a good team. We certainly have the players not to lose 3 of our first 6 games, getting HUMILIATED at home 3-0, twice, before the end of September by our rivals.

Every day this man remains in charge, is a day too long.

Last edited:
We are stuck now with a load of Dutchies and players ETH wanted. Let's hope the next man in can sort that out for a start

He will be sacked soon. It is not a question. But my biggest worry if we decide to give a job to Ruud or Southgate.
Whenever these things come up I never see Fabregas’ name mentioned. Como is doing really well, and he was always looked at as a “football genius”. He’s come out of excellent structured systems and learned from some fantastic managers.

Xabi Alonso and others are obvious choices lots of teams want.

Since he’s also an owner maybe Fabregas would be complicated.