Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not, true. Either way us not offering the job to the tea lady ahead of ETH was a shocker. Huge faliure from Ineos not to bring someone else in.

Check the dates on these:

Ffs, was scrolling and saw the breaking news and thought he was booted.

This comment worries me. Sounds like he has been assured in the summer. Hopefully he's talking nonsense, I really am sick of seeing him shaking his head on the sideline.
I think he knows he’s untouchable for a good while. He will also dodge any responsibility for today because of the red card even though we would have lost anyway.

It really is maddening when you see stuff like this that we didn't just sack him in the summer. It was abundantly clear that he isn't cut out for any top level job

Said it once already but this time with graphics because I'm mad. :mad:

Our expected points and position based off performance lined up with that last season as a whole. We were so lucky to finish where we did. Our performances merited 44-45 points so 23 points from half a season's worth of games is where we should be. Joke that he wasn't sacked.

0yMlzeT.png

He will be sacked soon. It is not a question. But my biggest worry if we decide to give a job to Ruud or Southgate.

In short compare,

How many games we concede 3+ goals and who many games we score 3+ goals

Also, we have scored only once at home, this season. Yet we have conceded 6 goals already.

The fan reaction was overwhelming. Even this forum, which in general seemed to be largely in favour of having him sacked before the FA cup final; most of the posts after were in favour of keeping him. Elsewhere, the fanbase was overwhelmingly in favour of keeping him in. I still remember those embarrassing letters that some wrote to the board.

The truth is we just have a very emotional and reactive fan base and I truly believe it influenced Ineos' decision to keep him.

Unfortunately, we needed an authoritarian like an Abramovic who would ignore the internal fan noise. Ineos are too close to it, and too easy to influence.

I can't believe so many of our fans actually thought the manager who made us worse after 2 years, and finished 8th, was actually the manager who would return us to our former glory.

The people we've appointed to run the football operations are also clueless. Keeping Ten Hag and extending Bruno's contract are the sort of decisions that show they don't actually have a clue what they're doing.
Both decisions that the fans were also overwhelmingly happy about, unfortunately.

Nah, ETH is shite. I'm just not a weirdo who couldn't even enjoy an FA Cup win against City. Ole wasn't progress over Jose, and ETH has been regression overall. The club has gone absolutely nowhere in 11 years.
Neither was I. But I knew it was the wrong decision to continue with him despite it.

Why he still has a job is beyond me. I just don’t see how any management would stick with him for so long.

I’d have more sympathy for him if he took some responsibility after these defeats.

But I knew it was the wrong decision to continue with him despite it.

Eh, I've known for a long time. Not what I said mate. Pretty sure it was you who got pelters on here for posting some negative bollox straight after the win. I could be wrong but there was a few right clowns at it.

All you have to do to be a successful United owner is poll the fanbase Yes/No for every footballing decision. All hirings, firings, signings and contract extensions.

Then do the opposite of every vote. Easy route to success.

Agree; this needs a fork putting in it. As I said before, familiarity will breed scathing contempt and that doesn’t need to happen.

We’re basically making him do Cersei’s walk of shame to a baying global audience if we don’t put him out of his misery post-haste.

I disagree with this (And the original post)

Resignation is always an option for a manager. Yes, they will be leaving a lot of the money on the table, but you can't have it both ways. You either care about your reputation to the point where you resign before you're tarnished further, or you cling on and wait for the club to pull the trigger and get your payoff.

INEOS should have fired him a long time ago, but let's not pretend that he has not had a choice in the matter as his failings were displayed to the world.

Really hope my hunch that they don't have the money to sack him (hence taking the cheap option to keep him) is wrong.

The sad thing is that, up until this game at least, we've actually been quite a bit better this season but the results haven't come.

Of course that 'improvement' is based on just how utterly atrocious we were last season, where ETH's tactics were some of the most asinine in PL history. Improving from that isn't a huge deal in itself. There's still numerous other managers just in this league who are doing a much better job.
"Better" in the sense that we've gone from playing like a lower mid-table team to an upper mid-table team.