Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’ve defended him a lot but his time is up. The results are worse than ever and the underlying stats are minor. It’s clear he’s fine with playing in a way that means we’re wide open in midfield which doesn’t work in this league. I just don’t see it improving. Another month of this and the season is lost.

I don’t know if it’s luck or what but for some reason we decide to make our decisions based on One Game and self destruct ourselves for the future. Ole v psg now Ten hag with the fa cup final win. So much could have been avoided using just basic common sense.

You can say the same about when we threw Mourinhos last season by not sacking him after our fans (egged on by Gary Neville) had a fit about sacking Mourinho during the Newcastle game.

The default position for the club is to keep the manager in his job and they'll latch onto any excuse that'll allow them to do it. The reason for that is, because it's popular among the clubs fanbase.

McKenna didn’t extend with Ipswich until Ten Hag was confirmed to be staying. I think he was waiting for the call.

Not, true. Either way us not offering the job to the tea lady ahead of ETH was a shocker. Huge faliure from Ineos not to bring someone else in.

Check the dates on these:

100% - they've even indicated that they had nothing to do with him staying as they weren't in situ. Also, Tuchel turned us down. It's clear they had little faith in him, so sticking with him and spending more fecking money on his targets was just insane.
Who were his targets? Mazraoui is the only you can say is a ten Hag influenced signing. De Ligt has been on our radar for years, we nearly signed him in 2019 and ten Hag said himself that the club suggested him. Wilcox had to convince ten Hag on Ugarte.

I don’t know if it’s luck or what but for some reason we decide to make our decisions based on One Game and self destruct ourselves for the future. Ole v psg now Ten hag with the fa cup final win. So much could have been avoided using just basic common sense.
The fan reaction was overwhelming. Even this forum, which in general seemed to be largely in favour of having him sacked before the FA cup final; most of the posts after were in favour of keeping him. Elsewhere, the fanbase was overwhelmingly in favour of keeping him in. I still remember those embarrassing letters that some wrote to the board.

The truth is we just have a very emotional and reactive fan base and I truly believe it influenced Ineos' decision to keep him.

Yep it was Ratcliffe and Brailsford that made the decision to keep him in the end. If Ashworth and Berrada were at the club they would've came to the same conclusion as Wilcox did.
Ashworth and Berrada didn't start their jobs about a month after it was announced Ten Hag was staying

Keep him......I'm so used to United being absolute garbage now I don't think I could re-adjust to us being good again.

You know it's not nice for a club to allow managers to be subjected to prolonged humiliation like this. We did it with Ole too and he's not worked since. Just put him out of his misery and let him rebuild his career somewhere else.
Agree; this needs a fork putting in it. As I said before, familiarity will breed scathing contempt and that doesn’t need to happen.

We’re basically making him do Cersei’s walk of shame to a baying global audience if we don’t put him out of his misery post-haste.

Crafton has it spot on. The decision to keep him for a few more months and give him a new round of players will be an albatross around the next manager's neck for years to come.

He doesn't have it spot on at all, the players we've brought in aren't just suited to Ten Hag, they're suited to any team that aims to win the ball back and retain control of it.

The problem we've had isn't Ten Hag's desired approach, it's that he hasn't been able to coach the players to implement it reliably. Another manager who's better able to coach a half decent rest defence will make a big difference.

And this feckface had the audacity to say if we don’t stick with him he will go somewhere else and win trophies. As soon he gave that kind of interview we would have taken back our offer. Like does he have no one around him to call him shit?

Can we have insane ETH stat thread? Some absolutely incredible stats that ETH has amassed in his 84 games as United manager

That's fair. Either way, I think with a good structure behind him, we could have won a title under Mou
Only if it was a very weak season (like it was when Jose won his last title with Chelsea). The last PL season that would have fit that bill was in 15/16 when Leicester won it. From the time Mourinho joined us (16/17) the league's been too strong for that to happen.

Really hoped he’d start Mount ahead of Bruno today.
No idea how he turns this around. Seems any decent coach can work our tactics and hit the same weaknesses time after time. Seems he cannot make minor adjustments to the game plan and we just carry on doing exactly the same thing over and over again.
Our players are far better than what they’re showing. How does ETH get them to achieve something like their potential?

I still can't believe the notion of giving him two more games :lol:

617JCC62EhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I still can’t quite work out how he managed to stay in charge. He’s probably just as surprised.

Probably sack after the inevitable loss against Villa. Get the new guy in during the international break and the nice fixture run.

He's just gotta be waiting for a nice payout at this point. Maybe we do the Chelsea thing where we just keep paying his wages instead of doing a lumpsum.

Is Klopp willing to manage Bayern? Or are you talking about United?

I don't support Bayern in domestic football, loved it that Leverkusen won last year :lol: Obviously talking about United.

Only support Bayern in European competitions because I support Germany so would want any German team in Europe to do well.