Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
A win at mid week won't be putting anything right. If the club don't sack him immediately, they have no one but themselves to blame.

Sack the manager now. Give the keys to Ruud, bring Ole in as an assistant until the end of the year, as we organize a longer term solution over the next few months.

As a manager is has been on the knife edge for most of his tenure...I'm not saying a victory against Porto puts everything right, but I am saying a win gives him another week.

But at this point it all just feels like delaying the inevitable.

Are there any left? Feels like finally RedCafe has reached a point where it unanimously agrees on a manager getting the boot.
Surprisingly, yes. After that good hour against Palace and wins against Barnsley and Southampton, there were a fair few praising and defending him here. If we have a good half or so against Porto, I'm sure it'll happen again.

How come literally every fecking club can sack a manager before they get into the states that we get ourselves into.

It's cultural. The club and it's fanbase are too emotionally invested in the managers job.

The job is like an engagement ring for us, and a condom for the rest of the footballing world.

:lol:

Do our club not have a data analytics department.

It boggles the mind right? Here's another classic example to show how woeful we've been under him. League Game stats only

I've taken each Managers 3 highest unbeaten runs in the league. Runs of 4 games or less aren't counted (being generous if I picked 5 then Ten Hag would only appear once in this table).

Manager​
Games Unbeaten​
W​
D​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts PG​
Jose​
26​
13​
13​
38​
13​
25​
2.0​
Ole​
14​
9​
5​
30​
7​
23​
2.3​
Ole​
13​
10​
3​
27​
12​
15​
2.5​
Ole​
12​
10​
2​
29​
9​
20​
2.7​
LVG​
10​
7​
3​
18​
6​
12​
2.4​
Jose​
9​
7​
2​
23​
2​
21​
2.6​
Jose​
8​
5​
3​
12​
6​
6​
2.3​
LVG​
7​
3​
4​
8​
2​
6​
1.9​
Moyes​
7​
4​
3​
14​
9​
5​
2.1​
Ten Hag
6​
5​
1​
12​
3​
9​
2.7​
LVG​
6​
6​
0​
15​
4​
11​
3.0​
Rangnick​
6​
5​
1​
11​
3​
8​
2.7​
Rangnick​
6​
2​
4​
9​
6​
3​
1.7​
Ten Hag
5​
5​
0​
10​
2​
8​
3.0​
Ten Hag
5​
4​
1​
8​
2​
6​
2.6​

We've got Villa next PL game. If he some how survives until then and loses next, he's got to be a gonna.

Except we know most of the players that he wanted to bring in, and none of them went on to prove the club wrong for not wanting them. Just like all the players that the club did sign for him in his first two seasons, and it would have just left us with a very old squad of players who weren't good enough. Perisic is the only one who might have been useful for a couple of years before he dropped off.
That's fair. Either way, I think with a good structure behind him, we could have won a title under Mou

He's done. Thing for me is I can recognise the times that the players have downed tools and this isn't even that. Most of them are trying but it's clear that whatever system we're trying to play is a busted flush. He will not adapt and we won't improve. Simple as that.

And yet you expect the players to fight with that attitude?

We were 1-0 down after 3 minutes. The whole place was toxic thereafter.

When they’re earning more per week than most people earn per year, yes. Do you not?

Are there any left? Feels like finally RedCafe has reached a point where it unanimously agrees on a manager getting the boot.
If you wait for a couple of days, you’ll surely start seeing posts defending him.

Biggest indictment of him today was how we looked in the first twenty minutes. Totally confused, disjointed, outfought, and outrun. The narrative simply cannot be about the red card - game could have been out of sight by then anyway.

I still stand by my theory that if we had the sporting director and CEO in place we would've followed through with the decision to sack him.

100% - they've even indicated that they had nothing to do with him staying as they weren't in situ. Also, Tuchel turned us down. It's clear they had little faith in him, so sticking with him and spending more fecking money on his targets was just insane.

That's not what happened though. McKenna chose to stay with Ipswich early on. Tuchel rejected Ineos. RdZ negotiations also failed for whatever reason.

Ineos' major failure was in getting a deal done for a new manager, not in how they rated Ten Hag against his peers.

Ineos Sport have a rubbish track record. Brailsford, Ratcliffe, Blanc etc are clueless about football decisions. They proved it at all the clubs they own.

All we can do is hope Wilcox (who doesn't rate ETH), Ashworth and Berrada do a better job at attracting a good manager.

McKenna didn’t extend with Ipswich until Ten Hag was confirmed to be staying. I think he was waiting for the call.

It boggles the mind right? Here's another classic example to show how woeful we've been under him. League Game stats only

I've taken each Managers 3 highest unbeaten runs in the league. Runs of 4 games or less aren't counted (being generous if I picked 5 then Ten Hag would only appear once in this table).

Manager​
Games Unbeaten​
W​
D​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts PG​
Jose​
26​
13​
13​
38​
13​
25​
2.0​
Ole​
14​
9​
5​
30​
7​
23​
2.3​
Ole​
13​
10​
3​
27​
12​
15​
2.5​
Ole​
12​
10​
2​
29​
9​
20​
2.7​
LVG​
10​
7​
3​
18​
6​
12​
2.4​
Jose​
9​
7​
2​
23​
2​
21​
2.6​
Jose​
8​
5​
3​
12​
6​
6​
2.3​
LVG​
7​
3​
4​
8​
2​
6​
1.9​
Moyes​
7​
4​
3​
14​
9​
5​
2.1​
Ten Hag
6​
5​
1​
12​
3​
9​
2.7​
LVG​
6​
6​
0​
15​
4​
11​
3.0​
Rangnick​
6​
5​
1​
11​
3​
8​
2.7​
Rangnick​
6​
2​
4​
9​
6​
3​
1.7​
Ten Hag
5​
5​
0​
10​
2​
8​
3.0​
Ten Hag
5​
4​
1​
8​
2​
6​
2.6​
That is a damming stat. Not even better than Rangnick

I don’t know if it’s luck or what but for some reason we decide to make our decisions based on One Game and self destruct ourselves for the future. Ole v psg now Ten hag with the fa cup final win. So much could have been avoided using just basic common sense.

Just heard a stat:

Both Liverpool and Spurs have scored more PL goals at OT than Utd this season

Jeez

Manager​
Games Unbeaten​
W​
D​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts PG​
Jose​
26​
13​
13​
38​
13​
25​
2.0​
Ole​
14​
9​
5​
30​
7​
23​
2.3​
Ole​
13​
10​
3​
27​
12​
15​
2.5​
Ole​
12​
10​
2​
29​
9​
20​
2.7​
LVG​
10​
7​
3​
18​
6​
12​
2.4​
Jose​
9​
7​
2​
23​
2​
21​
2.6​
Jose​
8​
5​
3​
12​
6​
6​
2.3​
LVG​
7​
3​
4​
8​
2​
6​
1.9​
Moyes​
7​
4​
3​
14​
9​
5​
2.1​
Ten Hag
6​
5​
1​
12​
3​
9​
2.7​
LVG​
6​
6​
0​
15​
4​
11​
3.0​
Rangnick​
6​
5​
1​
11​
3​
8​
2.7​
Rangnick​
6​
2​
4​
9​
6​
3​
1.7​
Ten Hag
5​
5​
0​
10​
2​
8​
3.0​
Ten Hag
5​
4​
1​
8​
2​
6​
2.6​

That's absolutely pathetic ffs :lol:

I have to agree. Posted it at the time but even from a purely perception point of view keeping ETH was a big risk because if we serve up the same shite, they will look stupid for keeping him, despite the awful season.

Ineos could ride this kind of form out with a new manager in place, stating it's part of the process. They chose to keep him and sacking him soon shows they dithered and weren't decisive enough. Keep him and this continues and they look weak.

I can't believe so many of our fans actually thought the manager who made us worse after 2 years, and finished 8th, was actually the manager who would return us to our former glory.

The people we've appointed to run the football operations are also clueless. Keeping Ten Hag and extending Bruno's contract are the sort of decisions that show they don't actually have a clue what they're doing.

Exactly. They haven't filled me with confidence thus far.

Surprisingly, yes. After that good hour against Palace and wins against Barnsley and Southampton, there were a fair few praising and defending him here. If we have a good half or so against Porto, I'm sure it'll happen again.

But, but we beat a League One team and drew with the side in 17th in the PL...

All of last season it was clear we were a lower half side who was getting very lucky to be as high as 7th/8th, it massively flattered us.

What makes me laugh is not that so many fans wanted to keep Ten Hag after last season, but how self-righteous they were about it. Our fans are more interested in appearing morally superior to others because they back the manager/players, rather than making logical decisions that will improve the team. These are the same self-righteous people celebrating Bruno's pay rise and contract extension. I'm starting to think they actually enjoy watching us lose.

That's not what happened though. McKenna chose to stay with Ipswich early on. Tuchel rejected Ineos. RdZ negotiations also failed for whatever reason.

Ineos' major failure was in getting a deal done for a new manager, not in how they rated Ten Hag against his peers.

Ineos Sport have a rubbish track record. Brailsford, Ratcliffe, Blanc etc are clueless about football decisions. They proved it at all the clubs they own.

All we can do is hope Wilcox (who doesn't rate ETH), Ashworth and Berrada do a better job at attracting a good manager.
Yep it was Ratcliffe and Brailsford that made the decision to keep him in the end. If Ashworth and Berrada were at the club they would've came to the same conclusion as Wilcox did.

Here’s my prediction:

Southgate interim

Alonso at the end of the season

INEOS at minimum need to have a meeting and meet him know this isn't good enough and get his plan to turn it around.

I'd give Antony a start and see if he inject some pressing/energy into the team. Maybe rile up the opposition.

The sad thing is that, up until this game at least, we've actually been quite a bit better this season but the results haven't come.

Of course that 'improvement' is based on just how utterly atrocious we were last season, where ETH's tactics were some of the most asinine in PL history. Improving from that isn't a huge deal in itself. There's still numerous other managers just in this league who are doing a much better job.

Such an awful performance. No one can be even remotely supportive about EtH today.

He is very lucky Wednesday is only a few days away so he has a chance to put it right.

But Spurs, Porto and Villa in a week...might just be his last week in charge.

He struggled like feck against Galatasaray and Copenhagen. No chance he’d be able to beat Porto on their home patch unless they decide to put in a performance as bad as some of our recent ones.