Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Stop WUMing please. People are already agitated and those who don’t know what you are doing are going to respond with emotion, which never ends well.

Duly noted but in all honesty with some of the posts still defending EtH this is the only way for me to cope with our situation. I can't wrap my head around anyone not wanting EtH sacked at the spot. He is overdue

You know it's not nice for a club to allow managers to be subjected to prolonged humiliation like this. We did it with Ole too and he's not worked since. Just put him out of his misery and let him rebuild his career somewhere else.

There are pivotal moments in your career when you have to prove the doubters wrong and your supporters right. That moment is now, spurs, porto and villa. Whilst I'm not baying for blood, if he was sacked he wouldn't really be able to complain.

Nope, that moment was last season. This is just the clown show encore.

That's great mate but you've talked out of your backside for 18 months, so what you're saying isn't worth a dime. I'll tell you again, we are going nowhere under him. Win the next two and it doesn't change that. You need to give your head a wobble because you sound absolutely deluded.
If it's not worth anything don't quote me. You can also ignore me.

I'm not gonna lie, if Ineos don't boot this guy expeditiously - I'm going to start losing confidence. To conduct a season review and decide this guy should stay was criminal, I'm sorry

One thing I’ve always hated about Ten Hag is his lack of charisma. You can just imagine how he’s failing to inspire those players.

I also think that he won't be sacked as a knee-jerk response. Having said that, I think the board have a timeframe in mind. Results need to start coming in thick and fast. It won't be after the Villa or Spurs game, but as I mentioned in this thread a few weeks ago - I think he has till mid-December. That is a long enough time period to fully judge him. The City game is around GW16 in December. If we are languishing in 10th and lose a couple of games in Europa - he will be gone. They would want to salvage the season from then on.
Not what I expected when I posted this. But reversing my comment. He’ll be gone sooner, maybe this week. Zero improvements, zero ideas. He’s not coming back from this.

Such an awful performance. No one can be even remotely supportive about EtH today.

He is very lucky Wednesday is only a few days away so he has a chance to put it right.

But Spurs, Porto and Villa in a week...might just be his last week in charge.

I'm not gonna lie, if Ineos don't boot this guy expeditiously - I'm going to start losing confidence. To conduct a season review and decide this guy should stay was criminal, I'm sorry
They conducted the review and decided to sack him. Then went back on the decision for whatever reason.

I want the names of the people on the board who decided to keep after concluding that no one is better than him.

Sure Mourinho self sabotaged in his third season, but I'd say he still had some left to give. That second season was probably the most encouraging one we've had since SAF. The problem is the club didn't back him at all by selling the players he requested that summer to bring new ones in. Did he deserve to be sacked? 100% but I still believe had he been sufficiently backed as he should have been based on that second season, we would have been able to challenge the next year.
Except we know most of the players that he wanted to bring in, and none of them went on to prove the club wrong for not wanting them. Just like all the players that the club did sign for him in his first two seasons, and it would have just left us with a very old squad of players who weren't good enough. Perisic is the only one who might have been useful for a couple of years before he dropped off.

I can't believe so many of our fans actually thought the manager who made us worse after 2 years, and finished 8th, was actually the manager who would return us to our former glory.

The people we've appointed to run the football operations are also clueless. Keeping Ten Hag and extending Bruno's contract are the sort of decisions that show they don't actually have a clue what they're doing.

I just feel this is patently untrue. Klopp would have failed here. Good managers have. LvG, Mourinho, they are not bad managers. Theyve won major trophies everywhere they went. They failed here because the set up was wrong after SAF. How can you have learned nothing from ten years plus of failures??

Klopp walked into a team built to compete. They were a few steps away - a top manager away from winning. This wasn't the Gillette Hicks panic buying Andy Carrol on deadline day for 80 million quid Liverpool. He completed it. We're nowhere near that point.

This is just all wrong mate. LVG and Mourinho were long past their best and had been left behind by the modern game. The other two managers were David Moyes and an ex-player with no real experience. They were all bad decisions.

Go back and look at Klopps first elevens when he came in, they were genuinely terrible. Great managers can do great things. We haven’t had one since the greatest of them all retired.

He is very lucky Wednesday is only a few days away so he has a chance to put it right.

A win at mid week won't be putting anything right. If the club don't sack him immediately, they have no one but themselves to blame.

Sack the manager now. Give the keys to Ruud, bring Ole in as an assistant until the end of the year, as we organize a longer term solution over the next few months.

It is strange that apart from ex Utd presenters on TV all think he should be sacked. Redknapp said he looks lost, Ruud Gullit had a pop at him mid week, Carragher chose him as the first manager to be sacked.

All very bizarre.

How come literally every fecking club can sack a manager before they get into the states that we get ourselves into.

Nothing new happened today. It was obvious a good while ago that Ten Hag is out of his depth here. We're only delaying the inevitable. There's really no point persisting. We aren't going anywhere with him in charge. Rip it up. Start over.

It is strange that apart from ex Utd presenters on TV all think he should be sacked. Redknapp said he looks lost, Ruud Gullit had a pop at him mid week, Carragher chose him as the first manager to be sacked.

All very bizarre.

He was ons of the odds on to be sacked first before a ball was kicked this season.

At this point LVGs version of total football was more enjoyable than this.

Its not even Chaosball anymore, its just abysmal shit.

The league season being a write off already after 6 bloody games is unacceptable because you cannot see him having the ability to turn this around.

And yeah while I dont think anyone was expecting a title challenge this season top 4 or 5 is realistically miles out of reach because Chelsea/Villa/Newcastle/Spurs are all likely to be ahead of us.