Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
No one knows what would have happened if Bruno had stayed on. He showed enough this season to expect we could have easily come back and drawn the game. You guys are simply too impatient. We aren't even half way through the season and already talk about sacking EtH
No white text? I genuinely can't tell if it's sarcasm or not at this point with some of the defence

Klopp walked into a team built to compete. They were a few steps away - a top manager away from winning. This wasn't the Gillette Hicks panic buying Andy Carrol on deadline day for 80 million quid Liverpool. He completed it. We're nowhere near that point.

Mignolet
Clyne
Skrtel
Sakho
Moreno

Can
Leiva
Lallana

Coutinho
Origi
Milner

That was Klopp's first Liverpool XI with Joe Allen and Jordan Ibe coming off the bench.

The guy looks completely despondent in his Sky interview. He got a thousand yard stare. Please end it INEOS for the love of god.

For me, that's it for Ten Hag.

We are 3 years in and we look worse/going backwards. There's clearly no coherent style of play, results aren't good, the goal difference is negative, and we're not scoring many goals. As a fan, I feel apathetic towards the results and not excited for the games.

I don't need to overcomplicate the analysis or go any deeper than that, it's clearly not working and it's time to go.

He's done well with his team to get us a couple of trophies and to promote select academy players. Thank you but let's move on and try again with someone new.

Lets be honest, we’ve been dogshit since March 2022.

Some might fabricate narratives about luck, injuries, not scoring chances (coach the players finishing).

Its obvious where the problem is and theres nothing else to say

I seriously cannot believe people are still parroting this absolute lie. What great success did Van Gaal and Mourinho go on to have after leaving? Mourinho was a busted flush by the time he came here and has flopped and been sacked at each job he's had since. Van Gaal the footballing terrorist slinked off into retirement before an unmemorable stint with the Netherlands. Ole hasn't worked again. You could argue that fecking Ralf is the one who's impressed most since leaving, and he was set up as a fall guy before being thrown under a bus here.
Ralf should have been appointed DOF but the players and club threw him under the bus for pointing out hard to swallow truths. INEOS are not that same team but they now still have to do the right thing and act decisively to replace ETH.

"But don't you know, Fergie was nearly sacked in 1990 before he turned it around by beating Forest in the cup..."

I would hope that once Erik's eventually gone that people will drop that nonsense. There'll never be another Fergie, we don't need to suffer through 6 years of misery for some manager to transform from a moth into a butterfly and lead us to another decade of domination.

He hasn’t tried to make a proactive team imo.

A proactively coached team actually has repeated, consistent patterns of play in the final third, and covers the ground and spaces effectively, and can find teammates accurately.

A proactively coached team is Tottenham in that first 40 mins.
The amount of space that oppo teams run into is because half the time he has thrown so many players forward but they don't actually do anything or score because he can't coach a functioning attack, but it's not through a want of trying. The Liverpool game was the perfect example of that- both fullbacks are in the opposition's half when we get done for one of their goals. Moments like that have defined his time here. What's meant to be high risk, high reward turns into high risk and no reward.

It's not as if we're playing super defensive football like we did in the FA cup final. He's actually tried to get the team to go toe to toe and be aggressive and it's just...bad!

Last edited:
Same feeling like I had with other managers before they were replaced.

TenHag had good first year, second torn apart by injuries and now players aren't responding anymore. I have no idea how he can turn this around because I believe we are stuck in a wheel. This season is alive. If our board don't think he is the man it is time to replace him. Tommorrow.

I can see end of time for him but I will not put blame on him as much as I put blame on players.

Not surprising is it but still doesn't make for good reading.

How many times did we get undeserved points last season? Stats-wise we were the 15th best team with an expected points total of 44 so 12th-14th on actual points over the last 19 and on course for 46 over a stretch of 38 is about right. Results now well and truly matching the performances.

I've been ten Hag out for a long time now, and was one of the first to be critical of him after his first transfer window, which was widely praised, showed me he wasn't a good judge of talent and didn't intend on playing the football we needed to in order to compete for the big trophies, but I'm with @Skills .

Keep him. This is what the majority of the fan base wanted even though it was clear he was out of his depth here. Show them what will happen when you back a manager who's out of his depth, and then, maybe with future managers, they'll stop this obsession of thinking everyone will eventually turn into Sir Alex and call a spade a spade when future managers fail.

We could've parted ways on a happy moment after the FA Cup final, but no. This is Manchester United. We love making everything as much a mess as possible.

The club and many of it's fans it seems are still waiting for the next Fergie.

True. They try their absolute hardest to find any similar traits. I don't care if we cycle through managers relatively quickly. It's what top clubs regularly do before they find someone who works.

Lets be honest, we’ve been dogshit since March 2022.

Some might fabricate narratives about luck, injuries, not scoring chances (coach the players finishing).

Its obvious where the problem is and theres nothing else to say
I gave up on Ten Hag after we lost to Sevilla in the UEL! Absolute nonsense.

Have no idea why I'm still forcing myself watching the aftermath and the interviews.

There's nothing to say after a game like this is there.

I've said it before, but it would be worth funding something academic research into the psyche of Man United fans and their relationship with the managers job. A psychologist/sociologist would have a field day.

Oh completely agreed - I have the same thoughts, myself.

I cant take no more please sack, my heart said give him another go after the FA cup but brain knew he needed to go.

Hope is dead, our matches are a chore to sit through and it kills me to say that but that is where we are, everything has changed since the new ownership structure bar the manager and we are still the same.

To me this is the point when things started going downhill. 19 months ago… 19. Our form and performances, bar the odd individual performance, has been dreadful as outlined by your stats.
I was willing to cut Ten Hag some slack at the end of that first season as United did play a large number of games with a small squad. Since then, it’s been disgraceful. A ruthless club would have sacked him last December after the Champions League group; a vaguely competent club would have sacked him at the end of last season. Ineos have scored a highly avoidable own goal here.

The other question is whether a chunk of the fanbase starts to emerge from its post-Fergie delusive state and realise that it’s on the manager to prove on an ongoing basis (not after a two or three year free hit) that he’s good enough for the club and that, if things are going badly for the manager, the club makes a timely decision based on the balance of probabilities rather than clinging to sunk cost fallacies and trying to wait until it’s proven beyond all doubt that the manager is a dead duck.

Nah nothing should be done before the International break. A point against Villa could be the starting point of something great and show we can go toe to toe with the PL greats
Stop WUMing please. People are already agitated and those who don’t know what you are doing are going to respond with emotion, which never ends well.

This is the end game.

The FA Cup win brought him a bit of a reprieve, and he can’t deny he wasn’t backed by INEOS. Surely he’s finished now.

I think the reprieve came by way of us not being able to agree terms with Tuchel.

Conducting interviews with potential managers while ETH was still in situ was bonkers. It's clear INEOS hadn't got full confidence in him so why in the actual feck didn't they just bin him and bring someone else in.

LvG and Mou were already spent when they came here.
We didn’t have a good manager since SAF.
Sure Mourinho self sabotaged in his third season, but I'd say he still had some left to give. That second season was probably the most encouraging one we've had since SAF. The problem is the club didn't back him at all by selling the players he requested that summer to bring new ones in. Did he deserve to be sacked? 100% but I still believe had he been sufficiently backed as he should have been based on that second season, we would have been able to challenge the next year.