Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
What the feck do you know, how much do you think we've had to sing about lately???? I'm so tired of top reds thinking we can keep singing after endlessly getting battered.
And yet you expect the players to fight with that attitude?

We were 1-0 down after 3 minutes. The whole place was toxic thereafter.

Its pretty clear he has lost the plot.

Every week we seem to look progressively worse.

Quite an achievement considering how much money we have spent on players.

I just feel this is patently untrue. Klopp would have failed here. Good managers have. LvG, Mourinho, they are not bad managers. Theyve won major trophies everywhere they went. They failed here because the set up was wrong after SAF. How can you have learned nothing from ten years plus of failures??

Klopp walked into a team built to compete. They were a few steps away - a top manager away from winning. This wasn't the Gillette Hicks panic buying Andy Carrol on deadline day for 80 million quid Liverpool. He completed it. We're nowhere near that point.

With the exception of striker, we have all the players necessary to be successful now. The only common denominator is ETH is the manager and has failed miserably. Klopp would have us playing at a considerably higher level and would do it by playing attacking football.

Question is who can deliver with this ETH assembled squad of overpaid crap.

Guess anybody will do better though, ETH is finished here, had enough time.
The squad is more than good enough to push for Europe with a good manager who will play to the teams strengths

He tried to make us a more proactive team but has failed miserably and has to go. His best periods at the club were when he followed the blueprint set by previous managers which says a lot really.
He hasn’t tried to make a proactive team imo.

A proactively coached team actually has repeated, consistent patterns of play in the final third, and covers the ground and spaces effectively, and can find teammates accurately.

A proactively coached team is Tottenham in that first 40 mins.

With the exception of striker, we have all the players necessary to be successful now. The only common denominator is ETH is the manager and has failed miserably. Klopp would have us playing at a considerably higher level and would do it by playing attacking football.
You seriously overrate our squad.

We shouldn't wait for the Porta and Villa games. He often gets a good result when under pressure. It's obvious that he isn't the man for the job. This is his 3rd year and 600m later, and we're still terrible. Other managers have done much better with more resources. Time to move on.

See il just quote you as a standalone because you're one of the few posters on the other side of the fence who I've enjoyed debating against. You're not generally trying to be a dick and have a decent concensus with your posts without egos so cheers to that.

To your post yeah I'm not against the idea of sacking but I'd personally give two more games and a high benchmark of success within those.

Fair enough mate, I do see the logic in waiting until the break to pul the trigger. But at this stage I don't see what winning two games would really change.

He already got a 2nd chance at the end of last season after the last few games, I'd hoped he'd have made that worthwhile. But it's looking like that was the wrong decision and wasted time for the club. I fear similar would happen again after the break even if we did win the next 2.

The club, and our fans have a bizarre relationship with our managers.

I've said it before, but it would be worth funding something academic research into the psyche of Man United fans and their relationship with the managers job. A psychologist/sociologist would have a field day.

I just feel this is patently untrue. Klopp would have failed here. Good managers have. LvG, Mourinho, they are not bad managers. Theyve won major trophies everywhere they went. They failed here because the set up was wrong after SAF. How can you have learned nothing from ten years plus of failures??

Klopp walked into a team built to compete. They were a few steps away - a top manager away from winning. This wasn't the Gillette Hicks panic buying Andy Carrol on deadline day for 80 million quid Liverpool. He completed it. We're nowhere near that point.

I agree with that. EtH wasn't provided near enough funds to get a proper system working. Things will not happen as fast as many on here think. He had now what? Not even three full seasons here? Give him time and proper funds and he will get things done. Literally no other manager could have done better than him under the horrific circumstances he has to work under at this football club. I mean just look at the roof of our stadium!

LvG and Mou were already spent when they came here.
We didn’t have a good manager since SAF.

Nonsense.

Klopp inherited a team with an average goalkeeper, defence, midfield and the attack had Benteke as striker. That team wasn’t built to compete.

You seriously overrate our squad.

The assessment of a squad will always coincide with the perceived value. No different to the perception of Sancho at United compared to the one presently at Chelsea.

This is a rubbish manager leading a team that has sufficient quality.

I don't even want to watch another game while he's in charge. We had the chance to sack him last season but we just had to drag it out and let it affect yet another one. It's just boring to watch now.