Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s pretty clearly the injuries excuse was laughable for the poor performances and results last season. But the owners and most of the fans were gullible enough to buy into that.
Yep. The guy is actually a fraud.

We should definitley give him until the International break. He has deserved that after all he has done for us. And if he gets a draw or two or even a win we should Stick with him until the end of the season. There's real progress in the way we are playing and it's just a matter of time and money until all clicks. Don't forget Bruno got a red card today and Mount was bleeding from his head.
This is irony isn't it...ETH has presided over mediocre clubs coming to OT and taking the pi**...he deserves nothing but sacking on the spot.

The true reds, them cnuts that wrote that letter to INEOS and all our ex-players that blackmailed the management to keep him, hope they are happy now.
Anyways, my biggest gripe is with INEOS, doesn’t look good on them at all now that they have to sack him

Time to go. Thanks for the cups, but the continuation of last year's league form into this season is damning. Ineos need to appoint their own man in the position asap. There is too much baggage surrounding him now and the pressure is only going to become worse.

People expecting him to be sacked today are up for disappointment. INEOS has proven to be as slow and ineffective as anyone. They took 3-4 weeks to evaluate him in the summer. They won't sack him now, they don't have a plan B.

They're incompetent, they'll keep him until the next break if things continue this way. I wouldn't be surprised he stays all season. This is already a write off. Poor tactics, poor management, poor players. All the new ones are looking like shit besides Mazraoui. We just made our position worse and it's all down to INEOS.

Everyone knew we had to sack him in the summer, we didn't. You sow what you reap.

I have backed ETH the whole time but tonight I saw that his time is up. There were promising signs in the first few matches but we have fully regressed to complete shit. It is flogging a dead horse now. His time is done.

He tried to make us a more proactive team but has failed miserably and has to go. His best periods at the club were when he followed the blueprint set by previous managers which says a lot really.

I don’t understand why we have to destroy a managers career before we sack him. Just let he go months ago and he can salvage something and we can move on instead of putting up with this for too long

The club, and our fans have a bizarre relationship with our managers.

I said after the Liverpool result that ETH had the rest of the month to turn United around. We’ve had 1 win, 1 draw, 1 big defeat in the league, in the cup one enjoyable result against league one Barnsley and a home draw against Twente. The results aren’t good enough and it looks like end game for him now.

ETH to go tomorrow morning and Ruud to take over on interim basis.

Injuries are the best thing that happened for Ten Hag last year. Somehow it allowed people to make excuses for the absurdly inept football he had the team playing, no matter that they looked appalling before the injuries even started. The structure would have embarrassed amateur teams, it was effectively sabotaging the whole squad.

I’ve defended EtH with every post so far.

After that I’m done.

ETH out ASAP before we’re in a relegation battle. It’s so toxic

I’d also add that as bad as our manager and players were, our supporters were also an embarrassment. Getting out sung at Old Trafford by Spurs within minutes is just shameful

This is why, I think culturally we're a level below the real great European teams. At various points in the last 18 months, the board wouldn't have had a decision to make at clubs like Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc.

The clubs fanbase makes it on their behalf. They make the managers job untenable. They uphold the standards that the board has to deliver against. That sort of culture of excellence doesn't exist at United.

His decision to sub out Mainoo for Mount feels weird. Maybe it was like one of those FM mistakes where you are toying with different options and accidentally press confirm before finalizing the whole set of substitutions..

You cant lose 3-0 to both Spurs and Liverpool in less than a month and still be our manager - he needs to go this week

I just feel this is patently untrue. Klopp would have failed here. Good managers have. LvG, Mourinho, they are not bad managers. Theyve won major trophies everywhere they went. They failed here because the set up was wrong after SAF. How can you have learned nothing from ten years plus of failures??

Klopp walked into a team built to compete. They were a few steps away - a top manager away from winning. This wasn't the Gillette Hicks panic buying Andy Carrol on deadline day for 80 million quid Liverpool. He completed it. We're nowhere near that point.
No he wouldn’t, he was a great manager who got the best out of his players and improved everyone around him. He identified issues and fixed them. He struggled in his first season, if everything was perfect why would that be?

We should definitley give him until the International break. He has deserved that after all he has done for us. And if he gets a draw or two or even a win we should Stick with him until the end of the season. There's real progress in the way we are playing and it's just a matter of time and money until all clicks. Don't forget Bruno got a red card today and Mount was bleeding from his head.
That was our best starting XI

I'm bleeding from my eyes watching this football

Are you even watching us? There's real progress there. Our xG in 3 of our games this season was good and better than the opponent's.
All that is missing is a bit more killer instict up front and that's it. His signings are mostly really good and with a bit more luck we will be in a top 6 battle.

I can see your logic mate but that would be a similar case for any club with a struggling manager and yet clubs still quite often choose to appoint interim managers. Because sometimes the guy in the job is just struggling so badly he just has to go.
See il just quote you as a standalone because you're one of the few posters on the other side of the fence who I've enjoyed debating against. You're not generally trying to be a dick and have a decent concensus with your posts without egos so cheers to that.

To your post yeah I'm not against the idea of sacking but I'd personally give two more games and a high benchmark of success within those.

I dont give a shit really either way but people screaming for only him being sacked are kinda blind, sacking him isnt enough and no, miss me with whole thats step one shit, i have seen that movie so many times for last 10 years.
Of course sacking him won't solve all of our problems but it's a fecking start! There is no future for us under this guy.

I’ve defended EtH with every post so far.

After that I’m done.

ETH out ASAP before we’re in a relegation battle. It’s so toxic

I’d also add that as bad as our manager and players were, our supporters were also an embarrassment. Getting out sung at Old Trafford by Spurs within minutes is just shameful
What the feck do you know, how much do you think we've had to sing about lately???? I'm so tired of top reds thinking we can keep singing after endlessly getting battered.

This is why, I think culturally we're a level below the real great European teams. At various points in the last 18 months, the board wouldn't have had a decision to make at clubs like Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc.

The clubs fanbase makes it on their behalf. They make the managers job untenable. They uphold the standards that the board has to deliver against. That sort of culture of excellence doesn't exist at United.
Had Real Madrid or Bayern Munich had the season we had last season, they would have gone through 3 managers

This is irony isn't it...ETH has presided over mediocre clubs coming to OT and taking the pi**...he deserves nothing but sacking on the spot.

Nah nothing should be done before the International break. A point against Villa could be the starting point of something great and show we can go toe to toe with the PL greats

Surely people in charge realize things will not change soon. Our team is in shambles and against Villa we can only (maybe) get a draw with parked bus.
So, it is either sacking now or waiting until Christmas to see did things changed.

The absolute lack of self awareness. If your primary focus was wanting the club to win you wouldn’t have backed ten hag to the hilt. Either that or your judgment is actually horrendous. Everyone was telling you but you thought you are much smarter than the rest, how’s that turning out?
Its not about thinking anyone is smarter. I think that being the premise of your post shows how misguided your thoughts are. Poor form.

I don’t know Ineos’ plan, so who knows what’ll happen next, but logically I don’t see how Ten Hag survives any longer.

FA Cup final win saved him at the end of last season, but league form is worse this season that it was at the end of last season when he was likely losing his job.

Are you even watching us? There's real progress there. Our xG in 3 of our games this season was good and better than the opponent's.
All that is missing is a bit more killer instict up front and that's it. His signings are mostly really good and with a bit more luck we will be in a top 6 battle.
These posts aren’t as funny as you think they are.