Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
He is basically sacked, it's just a case of Ineos now waiting for the optics to be right. I'm thinking the international break after back to back losses against Porto and Villa.

Wonder when the first brief will be. I'm guessing we'll have a good idea of whether he's staying or going by about 10 tonight

I was at the Aberdeen v Hibernian match where Aberdeen lost 6-0.

The manager, Stephen Glass, was sacked via club statement before we’d even left the stadium.

Wish United would do the same. Get this guy gone, absolutely useless.

We should definitley give him until the International break. He has deserved that after all he has done for us. And if he gets a draw or two or even a win we should Stick with him until the end of the season. There's real progress in the way we are playing and it's just a matter of time and money until all clicks. Don't forget Bruno got a red card today and Mount was bleeding from his head.
You're joking right? I hope so.

Seems inevitable he'll be the next managerial casualty, sad that so many, with high reputations, have come and gone the last decade without bring able to build anything.

Who's next? Klopp is obviously going to be next to impossible :(

Last edited:
If we don’t win one of the next two games, the board will be under serious pressure to sack him. He urgently needs to find a solution for our midfield, or it’s going to cost him his job. Right now, he looks devoid of ideas, and the players seem lost trying to implement his style of play.

Failing to invest in a possession-based midfielder could be the decision that ultimately costs him his job.
I'd argue that his failure to adapt is what will cost him his job. Sure, he wanted De Jong but if he needs a perfect first eleven to get us playing consistently decent then like @golden_blunder said earlier, he's a pretty shit coach.

If INEOS really is running the show and not just acting as a consultancy for the Glazers, the next 24 hours is the time to act.
As much as they’re trolls, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Glazers are on the phone asking what the feck they’re playing at driving down the price of their asset

He is basically sacked, it's just a case of Ineos now waiting for the optics to be right. I'm thinking the international break after back to back losses against Porto and Villa.

They should have been lining up some decent replacements from the moment they extended his contract, so it should just be that the timeline is moved up.

These feckers that have been defending him, I hope I don't hear another thing. Just leaving the ground, one of the few that stayed, and I'm fuming. That was as bad as it gets. Not a 3-0 game, should have been a hammering. Absolutely atrocious.

You can honestly get fecked if you're going to defend this clown.

Screw the optics, this a football club. Sack him immediately.

That's it for me. Finally voted sack. (sorry for the delay)
I want Kieran McKenna, but fear we'll have Southgate in a couple of weeks, if not sooner. *sigh*
If Gareth Southgate is appointed then today was the last Manchester United game I will watch all season and maybe till Southgate is fired.

I dont give a shit really either way but people screaming for only him being sacked are kinda blind, sacking him isnt enough and no, miss me with whole thats step one shit, i have seen that movie so many times for last 10 years.

You're joking right? I hope so.

EtH might be on thin ice and another 10-15 losses this season could lead to serious cinsiderations of him getting replaced but don't forget we are really early into this season and have 2-3 injuries. We also have a new board structure that will obviously influence the football on the pitch.

Just sack him. Our match preparation is so bad. We get caught cold nearly every game from start or after half time. At one point you have to point to the manager for his lack of ability to motivate players. This club was built on great motivators. fecking Ole was better at that than EtH and he had never managed a top club before.

I don't even want to comment on his lack of attacking or defensive organization. It's just tiring.

the season has just started.. it doesn’t have to be a write off, if we act quickly it’s salvageable.

Throwing away two games makes no sense. Sack now, put RVN in charge and start looking at new managers.

He must be sacked before Thursday because if we don't there is a risk we fluke a win in that which keeps him in the job for another few weeks/months.

He knows he only needs to win like 1 every 3-4 games so it'd really hard for him to do "bad enough" to actually get sacked

Exactly! This is also why the occasional win feels like a Pyrrhic victory.

I think today marks a sea change. We have firmly transitioned into a mid table club and all the signs are we’re set to stay that way for a while yet.

I think we should do something drastic and symbolic like change the kit for a season or two to remove all red from it and not put it back until we actually look like Manchester United again. It’s not just the results it’s the awful performances and the mental minnowism of the players and coaching staff.

Have we even hit rock bottom yet? Is there farther to fall?

I dont give a shit really either way but people screaming for only him being sacked are kinda blind, sacking him isnt enough and no, miss me with whole thats step one shit, i have seen that movie so many times for last 10 years.
Most of the squad is new and we have a whole new structure. Who else needs to go?

Seems inevitable he'll be the next managerial casualty, sad that so many, with high reputations, have come and gone the last decade without bring able to build anything.

Who's next? Klopp is obviously going to be impossible :(
Klopp would never tarnish his Liverpool legacy, even for lots and lots of money. We should hire this up and coming guy with a really cool, albeit fake looking, moustache called Kurgen Jlopp.

There's probably a Highlander joke in there somewhere...

I don't get all this give him two games business. Why wait until the season is even further down the drain.

Get him gone this week, it's clear it isn't working and the players aren't buying into his methods. We're miles off the pace, teams are just running through us at will.

New manager in straight away, no interm and let's hope he can make a fight for top four and push to win the Europa league.

I feel like the first goal is such a perfect encapsulation of everything wrong with Ten Hag's tactics over the last 18 months.

Toothless moment up front, a centre back running in a straight line through a gaping hole in our midfield and defence then squaring it to an unmarked teammate where our fullback has vacated his position.

Games​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Pts​
58​
28​
9​
21​
79​
81​
-2​
93​

This is our League Results since the win against Newcastle in the cup Final. That's a 48.28% win percentage and a 36.21% loss percentage.
  • Man City 140 scored
  • Arsenal 139 scored
  • Liverpool 135 scored
  • Newcastle 126 scored
  • Tottenham 110 scored
  • Aston Villa 109 scored
  • Chelsea 109 scored
  • Brighton 98 scored
  • West Ham 85 scored
  • Brentford 85 scored
  • Fulham 82 scored
  • Crystal Palace 81 scored
These are all the teams that have managed to score more goals in the same time period.

We should definitley give him until the International break. He has deserved that after all he has done for us. And if he gets a draw or two or even a win we should Stick with him until the end of the season. There's real progress in the way we are playing and it's just a matter of time and money until all clicks. Don't forget Bruno got a red card today and Mount was bleeding from his head.
I'm bleeding from my eyes watching this football

No, no, it’s the managers. Look at how Klopp transformed Liverpool, look at how Pep transformed City, look at how great coaches lift everything and everyone around them while demanding more from everyone.

If you keep making these excuses for people they will always have an out despite not doing enough to justify their position. You don’t have to have everything perfect for a manager to succeed, that’s not how things work in real life.
I just feel this is patently untrue. Klopp would have failed here. Good managers have. LvG, Mourinho, they are not bad managers. Theyve won major trophies everywhere they went. They failed here because the set up was wrong after SAF. How can you have learned nothing from ten years plus of failures??

Klopp walked into a team built to compete. They were a few steps away - a top manager away from winning. This wasn't the Gillette Hicks panic buying Andy Carrol on deadline day for 80 million quid Liverpool. He completed it. We're nowhere near that point.