Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
He must be sacked before Thursday because if we don't there is a risk we fluke a win in that which keeps him in the job for another few weeks/months.

He knows he only needs to win like 1 every 3-4 games so it'd really hard for him to do "bad enough" to actually get sacked

Yeah they were great before those managers joined
You're absolutely right. Results dictate the preception around how well a club is run. If you're winning on the pitch, with a strong leader managing the team, decision making improves because they aren't made out of desperation. Would United sign Casemiro or Antony if we weren't desperate? No chance.

It was complete incompetence from Ineos keeping him based on that.

Our managers should be judged on league position first and foremost. ten Hag handed us our most embarrassing PL campaign in history and should have been out the door last Autumn. Even Woodward would've had the sense to offload him then.
It wasn't just based on that, there was also, "but, injuries" and "not his team yet".

Ten Hag’s coffin is now basically just the footballing equivalent of the iron throne - no wood, just thousands and thousands of nails welded together.
haha well said

I don’t understand why we have to destroy a managers career before we sack him. Just let he go months ago and he can salvage something and we can move on instead of putting up with this for too long

It also should be noted that it's not even October, we can absolutely make something of this season if we sack him now as opposed to waiting for him to actually obliterate our chances of doing anything by December.

It's so stupid so many are willing to just punt entire seasons away on a 1/100 chance that he magically turns everything around.

It's amazing. For all the "progress" they've touted, Ineos are doing their best Woodward-impression with the one call that matters.

We are going to lose to Porto and Villa, so hopefully that will be the final nails in the coffin of the ten Hag era.

The atmosphere around the club reminds of January 1990 but the club stuck with SAF back then, and the rest is the history as they say. Players are currently letting the manager down but we have to back the ETH to come back much stronger and shouldn’t kneejerk.
Not this again. Praying every manager we have somehow miracously turns into a Fergie and we all live happily ever after.

I genuinely feel sorry for posters who want to stop mid game and give an "I told you so".

It’s almost as though your primary focus is being right than actually wanting the club to win a game.
The absolute lack of self awareness. If your primary focus was wanting the club to win you wouldn’t have backed ten hag to the hilt. Either that or your judgment is actually horrendous. Everyone was telling you but you thought you are much smarter than the rest, how’s that turning out?

We should definitley give him until the International break. He has deserved that after all he has done for us. And if he gets a draw or two or even a win we should Stick with him until the end of the season. There's real progress in the way we are playing and it's just a matter of time and money until all clicks. Don't forget Bruno got a red card today and Mount was bleeding from his head.

He was extremely lucky to stay on even after the cup final. He was unfortunate with the injuries last year no doubt, but that doesn't really excuse just how bad we were performing week in, week out. Didn't matter if we were playing relegation fodder, lower league teams, teams with just as many injuries as us, we made them all look good with our performances. We made fundamental and repeat mistakes game after game and he did nothing to change it, if he was even capable of identifying the problems.

He shouldn't really have even been managing us by the time of the FA Cup final. He should have been sacked long before that.
Oh I agree don't get me wrong. We were extremely lucky to get past Coventry. If it wasn't for VAR, he'd have been out on his arse and could have had no complaints.

But the cup win was always going to complicate things. If you gave me the choice of sacking him and losing the final, or winning and being in the situation we are now, I'd choose the final win every time.

If we don’t win one of the next two games, the board will be under serious pressure to sack him. He urgently needs to find a solution for our midfield, or it’s going to cost him his job. Right now, he looks devoid of ideas, and the players seem lost trying to implement his style of play.

Failing to invest in a possession-based midfielder could be the decision that ultimately costs him his job.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon
It wasn't just based on that, there was also, "but, injuries" and "not his team yet".
He's that big of an arrogant cnut, he probably believes it's still not his team.

Well, hopefully it won't be from tomorrow morning onwards anyway :lol:.

If INEOS really is running the show and not just acting as a consultancy for the Glazers, the next 24 hours is the time to act.