Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
It was a stupid decision to go into the new season with him. There's no reason to persevere with him. It's over. Whatever he's trying to do, it's not working. The results are shit and the performances are shit. Can't believe we've wasted this much time on him.

He's miles off. The tactics with Bruno playing as a second striker when out of possession just wasn't working. Rashford playing every game no matter how bad he plays.

I don't see a way back for him to be honest. You can defend losing a few games but when we lose we generally get battered by teams.

Sky need to get a car out to Carragher, get him in to the studio so he can rip Neville to shreds again with all his hypocritical 'cant sack him now' bullshit.
Is Neville really still saying that?

No, no, it’s the managers. Look at how Klopp transformed Liverpool, look at how Pep transformed City, look at how great coaches lift everything and everyone around them while demanding more from everyone.

If you keep making these excuses for people they will always have an out despite not doing enough to justify their position. You don’t have to have everything perfect for a manager to succeed, that’s not how things work in real life.
And how much better run are City and Liverpool than us?

It's a matter of when, not if.

He won't make it to the end of the season and most likely will be gone before Christmas.
That isn’t good enough though. Why on earth should we be throwing another season away 6 games in?

Watching the first time made me feel like we were a bottom side PL team. Totenham were the first to everything. They had an xG 1.79 to our 0.4 and a 39%-61% possession stat before Bruno got sent off. This, at OT. No more excuses. Not only do we play like a relegation fodder team, our results and the table is kind of showing that as well.

If INEOS are as ambitious as they claim, ETH needs to go right now. No more give him 2 games till the international break. He had 2 seasons to show us what he can do. And the results are there to see for everyone.

He should be gone by the morning at the latest if the new management structure have any balls (or sense). Sadly, I believe the focus will be shifted to the red card and the can kicked down the road once again. I hope I'm wrong.

Srill think he needs a bit more time. He's only had £500m and 3 summer windows. Minimum needed is £1bn and 10 summer windows to see what he can truly do. He also won the FA Cup and League Cup so he has shown what he can do. Would be rash to fire him now IMO.

I think giving him another chance after the FA Cup final was fair. We were quality that day and I'd say a majority of the fans wanted him to stay. That, coupled with the injuries we had that year and the lack of decent replacements made it a reasonable decision.

But I don't see a way back from this. It's the 5-0 against Liverpool under Ole all over again. Keeping him on would just be delaying the inevitable.

He was extremely lucky to stay on even after the cup final. He was unfortunate with the injuries last year no doubt, but that doesn't really excuse just how bad we were performing week in, week out. Didn't matter if we were playing relegation fodder, lower league teams, teams with just as many injuries as us, we made them all look good with our performances. We made fundamental and repeat mistakes game after game and he did nothing to change it, if he was even capable of identifying the problems.

He shouldn't really have even been managing us by the time of the FA Cup final. He should have been sacked long before that.

I say give him another contract. He hasn't had time to implement his tactics and style yet and some of the squad weren't his own signings.

The people saying he'll be given more games after that :lol:

If INEOS give him another game the season is absolutely done.

Srill think he needs a bit more time. He's only had £500m and 3 summer windows. Minimum needed is £1bn and 10 summer windows to see what he can truly do. He also won the FA Cup and League Cup so he has shown what he can do. Would be rash to fire him now IMO.

We can't judge him until we get him De Jong.

Thank you for the Cups Erik but you've reached the end of the road.

Time for that new manager bounce.

It’s shocking just how many nothing performances we have under him. You lose games, sure, but this is so abject it’s hard to comprehend.

This should be the end of the line. And for real this time. Something that should have happened many months ago.

We won the cup that kept ETH and now ruined our season again
It was complete incompetence from Ineos keeping him based on that.

Our managers should be judged on league position first and foremost. ten Hag handed us our most embarrassing PL campaign in history and should have been out the door last Autumn. Even Woodward would've had the sense to offload him then.

HUGE nail in Erik's coffin

Not sure he will be sacked, esp with undeserved red card excuse but if he loses to Porto and Villa as well he will be gone

Ten Hag’s coffin is now basically just the footballing equivalent of the iron throne - no wood, just thousands and thousands of nails welded together.