Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
The best time to sack him was in the summer. The second best time is right now.

What does he do well?

Coach a team to play a coherent style of play? No
In game management? No
Identifying correct transfers? No.

The time for that was last June mate. I think they'll give him far more time than he deserves in the slim hope he can turn it around so they can save face. They won't want to sack a manager they've backed so publicly a month into the season.

The time to sack him was sometimes last October and then another 7-8x at least between then and June itself.

In retrospect for ten hag leaving after the cup final would have been better for him. Could have claimed he was outed too soon and left with cup. This is just awful.

Its both. Players not good enough. Recruitment not good enough. Scouting not good enough. Club management/contracts/technical department not good enough. Coaching not good enough. Managers not good enough. Its everything. But the manager has no credit left. He's spent.
No, no, it’s the managers. Look at how Klopp transformed Liverpool, look at how Pep transformed City, look at how great coaches lift everything and everyone around them while demanding more from everyone.

If you keep making these excuses for people they will always have an out despite not doing enough to justify their position. You don’t have to have everything perfect for a manager to succeed, that’s not how things work in real life.

I never wanted to sack him in the summer but this year it’s more of the same with another £100m spent. No style of play and we still have the same ineptitudes no matter the personnel.

I don’t know how he survives this. Could potentially drop down to 13th in the league. No fear for anyone coming to Old Trafford, they come here thinking they’ll take something away with them. Usually our dignity, the players have no idea what they are doing, we have no style of play. Have wasted hundreds of millions on his players who have done nothing for us. He is making us a laughing stock with his comments in the press, the only other problem is who would want the job that is a world class manager?
Doesn't need to be a world class manager at this point, anyone that doesn't get us regularly pasted would be ok in my book.

We don't know that, we can't say they won't be better under Ruud but what we do know for certain is that they will never be better with EtH still there.

Given how badly the Rangnick appointment turned out, I'm very sceptical about the "it can't get any worse" attitude. I'd much rather we went big for someone with some pedigree, or at least proven ability to coach a press

It's a matter of when, not if.

He won't make it to the end of the season and most likely will be gone before Christmas.

Gary neville wanted to admit he's done but had to make it sound like he could turn it round. This is his third season. It's terrible. He has to go.

He shouldn’t manage United another match for us, all talk of time of patience is foolish.