Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
We have around the 8th best squad. We will get a small bounce but nothing more.
I'm not going to debate you on exactly how good or not our squad is but this team currently doesn't even look like the 8th best squad, and our form over the last half seasons' worth of PL games is only marginally, marginally better than relegation form....so even, even if I accept what you're saying is true....that doesn't explain why it's SO bad

I don't think that ETH will survive this loss. I was ETH in during offseason but there is no progress visible and this is his 3rd season.

Genuinely curious to why you were ETH during summer. Some serious mindbending needed to have that stance. This is just par from last season so impressed that over a full season of this didnt convince that he needed to go.

It's over. Forget the excuses, there's no way back from this. The sooner we accept that, the better.

Unfortunately, as expected, we've thrown away another season instead of doing what should've obviously been done last summer or earlier.

I don't think he is, purely because I don't think there's much reason to expect things to improve under Ruud.

He's gone very soon though, when we can get someone a bit more long term in, hopefully we're throwing money at Nagelsmann as we speak.
We don't know that, we can't say they won't be better under Ruud but what we do know for certain is that they will never be better with EtH still there.

Spurs has been a tough opponent even in SAF era. But we came from 3 nil down to win 5-3 twice if my memory is correct. What a distant memory!

I don't see him surviving now. There's some real talent in that United squad and it's just not working. Maybe it's a combination of bad luck, poor individual finishing and a total lack of belief in the squad, but for his sake and the players it's time to try something different

We face Mourinho's Fenerbahce soon. Maybe he will put the final nail in

Do you have an actual point to make?

Which manager can do better than that potential record in 7 games?

Is your answer I don't know but feck it? If so good we should have you in charge. You'd do wonders.

And just like that we have a new one to add to the list! Potential seven games records. Brilliant.

Its not that, it's less that I don't have a huge amount of faith in the caretakers.

Its monumentally insane to think a manager who can't potentially go 4 wins 2 draws and 1 loss in the next 7 post Liverpool, to be any less capable than a caretaker coach.

If we had Ancelotti on the market or similar I'd have sacked him months ago.

If he's as bad as you say he is he wouldn't beat villa AND Porto. So whats the problem.

I can see your logic mate but that would be a similar case for any club with a struggling manager and yet clubs still quite often choose to appoint interim managers. Because sometimes the guy in the job is just struggling so badly he just has to go.

There's no point in delaying the decision, EtH isn't the man to pull it back from here. He's had two and a bit seasons and we haven't improved nearly enough.

8th last season and we could drop below that with how we've started. That just isn't good enough! We have honestly regressed as a side!

Any person in the ground, what's the feeling? Have the people sentiments shifted already?

40 years a suporter, I can't remember when a manager has had such a negative impact on our club, play style, players. Or when we've played so poorly for so long.

In terms of getting the most of out of his team or creating a system to accommodate for his teams strengths and weaknesses, there can't be may worst in teh league. We do nothing well.

Actually, we started the season by winning the ball quite often in the opponents third so the press was sort of working. That combined with horrendous finishing and decision making though.

It is ominous now. Berrada and co were sat there watching this garbage. Ten Hag is toast, it is only a matter of time.

Spurs has been a tough opponent even in SAF era. But we came from 3 nil down to win 5-3 twice if my memory is correct. What a distant memory!
No team - I don't care if it's Barcelona or FC Brian of the red dog inn - should come to Old Trafford and have it easy. That's on the manager in my opinion, there is just no belief among the players anymore.

the red card actually made us better. Which is still sheeit, but better than the stinking sheeit we were serving up in the first half with 11 men.

Can't think of a worse United team in my lifetime.

It looks like he's lost the dressing room as well now. Whatever that means.
Can't blame the red card we were shite before that
Oh, I'm sure that the usual suspects will be along shortly to explain how Ten Hag is amazing and Bruno is at fault not just for the card but also his performance yet again (completely ignoring that Ten Hag keeps fecking playing him).

It's impossible for so many to conceptualize that fact. Everyone thinks there has to be a deeper reason when the truth is none of the managers we've sacked have had any sort of success afterwards anyways, because they aren't good.
Exactly. They don’t realise that the excuse also extends to every other club. There must be something at every single club in the league if they keep sacking managers, surely? All clubs must be run shit and all these world class managers are just failing all the time due to it.

I’m hopeful that INEOS are a lot more brutal. I doubt they’ll put up with 5-0 losses at home. Next international break he’ll be done

I just have a bad feeling they are going to stick with him until November/December.

He was completely out of his depth last year, it’s never going to work out and simply zero justification for keeping him but I think they were just hoping he could do a job for a year whilst they sorted themselves out.

Nah we should give him two more games to turn it around before the inevitable shite football returns for .. reasons

It's fecking insane to me that people are still thinking "well if he loses to Villa then he should be sacked"

I respect United for not sacking managers too quickly. But for feck's sake sack the poor sod.

I don't think it's respectable at all, it just comes off as a soft as feck club still romanticizing the hope that every manager is Sir Alex Ferguson instead of operating like a top sporting institution that doesn't accept failure.

He will fluke a win against Villa next week and the cycle will continue. So let’s put an end to this before next week.

HUGE nail in Erik's coffin

Not sure he will be sacked, esp with undeserved red card excuse but if he loses to Porto and Villa as well he will be gone